First Sideshowcollector Freaks Engagement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I had my first screen test because I am over 35 years old to test for any abnormalities... the fluid around the neck should not be over 3 and mine was 1.5 so that was great. Everything looked really good. The baby is moving along in my belly and is now 2 inches big. When the nurse pushed with the ultrasound on my belly the baby started moving around like he or she was saying... hey are you disturbing my sleep here. At one point the baby was waving and we saw it open it's mouth. The doc could not see what it was yet so on March 17th we will find out... I hope the baby is positioned right then... I am sooooooo dying to know. The nurse also let us hear the heart beat for the first time and when I heard that I just got tears in my eyes... what powerful emotions that a person gets. We got some nice facial ultrasound pictures also.

I do not know if this will work but this is a little clip we made to send to our parents and family but this is the one where you can see the baby wave at us. :D Or he or she just could have said stop waking me up lol

https://download.yousendit.com/78E4D5556620D308

Wow, congrats! My wife and I just went for the 20 week ultrasound and nothing quite hits you till you see it in person. I almost cried myself but I think I was too stunned from staring at the monitor, lol...

Congrats Ness, I can feel the joy in your post all the way over here. I'm glad everything is going well. I'm sure it's both an exciting and stressful time for you.

ATTENTION BOOYAH!!!

I have vital advice for you if you plan on being in the delivery room. When the baby comes out, just keep your eyes on the baby. Do not look at anything but your beautiful new baby. Do not look at the doctor, and whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK BACK AT YOUR WIFE!!! THERE ARE SOMETHINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE!!! The doctor will be in front of the baby exit wearing rubber gloves that cover his arms up to his shoulders. The gloves will start off yellow, not red but unless you look at the part that goes to the shoulder you will not know that. Trust me, you will sleep better if you just keep looking at the baby.

Thank you.

:google:google:google:medic

Thanks Anzik! That's good to know, I'll definately take any more baby related advice that you want to give out.

I like that term "baby exit"......we can use that in the bedroom, "Good afternoon Ma'am, I'm here to check your baby exit." Bawow chicka bawow bawow.... :naughty:banana:naughty

Well with the true Freaks baby, coming and MadCow (Congratz by the way) stating that his wife is 20 weeks........

My wife is 12 weeks along with our third.

That makes three board members expecting.
How many others are there?

How long are you again Nessa????

Last edited:
Anzik are you trying to scare my husband here... omg... I was there with the birth of my first god child in Belgium and it really is not that bad... or are we women truly the stronger species here hahaha

I am doing really really well Mith... congrats on the next baby too... :D three is a charm :) We only want two but will start with one and see how that goes.

We are sooooo happy right now. I still cannot believe there is a human being growing in my belly... from scratch... and now that we saw the baby wave and open it's mouth and when we heard the heart beat... unbelieveable.

When is her due date Mith? Should be around mine... ours is August 19th. I am in my 13th week now... yes second trimester started so hopefully the nauseousness will go away.

Very fertile board here. :D

Ness, I believe that most women will view the entire experience of childbirth as a beautiful and wonderful thing (which it is, truly magical). Mostly because you're familiar with the various aspects of your bodies that men don't share. Thats why men get a little queezy when you look at your wife and see her looking like a Friday The 13th extra.
Well here are some of my experiences with kids that I thought were unique until after the fact you start to talk to other dads and find out they had similar experiences.
#1) You will most likely hate each other the first year. This seems awful but IT WILL PASS!!!
#2) Sleep deprivation makes your wife cranky and under those conditions it is impossible to say the right thing.
#3) No matter how much you do it will not be enough. Just accept it, life will be much easier.
#4)There will come a rare time when you are right about something and your wife is wrong. Trust me on this: DO NOT GLOAT AND RUB IT IN!! No good can come of it. Quietly let it pass and soon she will forget she was wrong and you were... less wrong.
#5)The light at the end of the tunnel!! Once the child starts to become self sufficient, feeding themselves, crawling, etc the pressure magically dissipates and you like each other again. Then you can really start to enjoy your new boss.
I recommend that if you know anyone with kids, start asking questions about how things were the first year and when it got better and I think you will find a lot of similarities to what I'm saying.
Also, this is a biggie if its a boy. As a man you want your son to be a manly sort of infant with no androgynous frills or anything but... get yourself some sleeping gowns for the tyke. Its like the Maggie Simpson one piece thing with elastic at the bottom. There is nothing worse than getting up in the middle of the night and wrestling with pants to change a diaper. By the time you get them undressed, changed and redressed, they are wide awake which means you will be also. Put the gown thing on him, whip it up, swap the diaper and pull it down and he's back to sleep in a flash and so are you.
Any questions you think I might be able to help with, feel free. I'll gladly offer my own experiences as well as others I've heard about from other parents.

Oh I forgot the most important one!!
If its a boy, make sure you get a wipey warmer. If you're changing a diaper and you touch him with a cold wipey, the fire hose will go off and it has a very long range. Warm wipies = fewer misfires.

The only piece of advice I can give is this: take every piece of advice with a grain of salt.

Every person is different. Every baby is a person. No two people are alike, therefore nobody can tell you: "this is how it's going to be." Any advice you receive will be based on their experience alone. This is especially true of mothers, in-laws, and girlfriends.

Just enjoy it and don't let things other people say get to you. :eek:

Anzik are you trying to scare my husband here... omg... I was there with the birth of my first god child in Belgium and it really is not that bad... or are we women truly the stronger species here hahaha

I am doing really really well Mith... congrats on the next baby too... :D three is a charm :) We only want two but will start with one and see how that goes.

We are sooooo happy right now. I still cannot believe there is a human being growing in my belly... from scratch... and now that we saw the baby wave and open it's mouth and when we heard the heart beat... unbelieveable.

When is her due date Mith? Should be around mine... ours is August 19th. I am in my 13th week now... yes second trimester started so hopefully the nauseousness will go away.

Very fertile board here. :D

August 21st............2 days apart.

Our's will be a c-section though and they schedule them a week earlier than the due date.

She has been sick as well, but more sick than with the first two. Usually she is alright after the first trimester, which like you have said is almost over.

Each kid is different.
Boo may have a stomach and be able to watch.
I watched most everything.
Saw the first one up until he decided he was too big and wasn't gonna exit like he should.
We went into a C-section and I did not watch that part.
I stayed up by mama's head and talked with her until the baby was out.
Now all of them have to be a c-section.
Only allowed to have four that way though.

I watched, because blood doesn't bother me but as I related my story to other guys they grew pale.

I recommend talking to as many couple as you have available otherwise you could be going through things that you feel are exclusive to you but they may be quite common or you may think something is common that isn't. Information can be very helpful.

Thanks, guys! I've also been reading up on some of the parenting books and some online stuff. I want to be as prepared as possible. :D

getting all the info you can is a good thing.......,,but you will absolutely be amazed at what is inside you that you do not know yet that will only reveal itself when you are holding and caring for your little miracle in your arms. there is a natural instinct that kicks in.............i think it has something to do with baby's breath. :D trust me....as a father of two you will know lotsa good stuff already.

Thanks, guys! I've also been reading up on some of the parenting books and some online stuff. I want to be as prepared as possible. :D

I was with my wife the entire time.
Things were sketchy at one point (which my wife never actually found out about until long after) when the baby's heart rate was weakening which I was aware off and watching as I sat with her. The natural birthing process wasn't working and so they took my wife into the O.R. I got on my George Clooney togs and waited for them to come and get me. As soon as we got in there the doctor tried one more push before the "c" section and lo and behold my daughter was born. After she went through the tests I cut the cord and I was the first official non-medical person to hold her. I let my wife hold her and then as they had to work on her I was asked to take my daughter back to our birthing room. Just like that a new life was in my hands and completely dependent upon me. I held her as she took in her new world by myself for a good ten to twenty minutes in our room, daddy and daughter... She's 20 months now, about to be a big sister as round two is coming up in early May. You'll never know how strong you can be until the moment comes-- but the birth of a child is something you definitely don't want to miss.

These stories just give me goosebumps. How wonderful.

Yesterday I had another doctors appointment. They were just going to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Well... they could not hear it so unfortunately, NOT,:D they had to give me another ultrasound to look at the heartbeat. So to our delight we were able to see the baby again. The little acrobat was totally turned around so the head was on the left and we could see the spine and the back of the head. The baby was probably thinking you make me move too much, hehe, so I will just turn around to get some sleep :D The heartbeat was again over 140 beats per minute and we were able to tape it again.

https://download.yousendit.com/ACAE6D9B17E35B2C

This is the sound of the heart and our baby's got back lol.

Did any of your wives or women here who had their baby already were also scared when they were preggers? I am so happy but sometimes I just get so scared and get doubts that if I will be a good enough mommy. When I read all the books I just panic.

There were definately doubts on the good parenting area.
It is the ones who were not scared or did not have any doubts that you have to worry about.
Nessa, you will do fine.

Another update... the baby is growing fine I think... I start my 16th week tomorrow and the baby will be the size of an apple this week. 19 more days and we, if the baby is positioned right, we will find out if critter jr. (George always calls me his Belgian critter :D) will be a boy or a girl. As of week 16 to week 22 I should be able to start feeling the baby move. Have not felt it yet but I can only imagine what that feels like. I went to the hospital today for my second blood test to make sure the baby is fine and that I will not need the amniocentisis. For some reason having a needle the size of my underarm stuck in my belly to get some fluids does not seem too appealing to me lol. My belly is starting to show but I am doing really well with not using the pregnancy excuse to stuff myself full of food. I have been craving mexican food though... bring on the guacamole (spelling?)

Back