First new Hot Toys Johnny Depp teaser... and its Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say this is real. Its not really funny as MC said. Its not something obvious like Sideshow's half Darth Maul or Stealth PZ. This is something people would and will buy. The only thing that could be a 'joke' is the line about more figures with chairs. But that is all I see that could be fake.

Professor X maybe....

Oh lord, If the likeness is good in this one I'd snap It up in a heartbeat!

God with this and the new Jack HT is going to kill me...or make me bankrupt what ever comes sooner...:lol

This reeks of April Fool's Day.

As cool as a Sweeney Todd would be, I almost hope it's a joke. Hot Toys needs to ship a few figures they already have in the pipe before any more new product announcements. When companies start announcing tons of products they never deliver it's a red flag they are in trouble.

Im looking forward most to the chair. Looks really nice and knowing Hot Toys they may even make it poseable.

Durr where is superman and tron. Omg some people are just annoying. Those fb comments are funny.

This reeks of April Fool's Day.

As cool as a Sweeney Todd would be, I almost hope it's a joke. Hot Toys needs to ship a few figures they already have in the pipe before any more new product announcements. When companies start announcing tons of products they never deliver it's a red flag they are in trouble.
HT may take their time to ensure they are releasing the product they want to (i.e., Superman, Avatar), but surely HT's business is as strong as it has ever been. I have seen no evidence to suggest that HT is in trouble of any kind. The hype machine is a big part of the business model for geek industries like toys, so it isn't surprising that they release so many teasers, etc. ahead of time.

HT may take their time to ensure they are releasing the product they want to (i.e., Superman, Avatar), but surely HT's business is as strong as it has ever been. I have seen no evidence to suggest that HT is in trouble of any kind.

I hope so. It's easy to become concerned after what happened to Master Replicas.

Thought this was an April Fools joke until I saw it on their FB page. thoug I was hoping to see specs for Jack Sparrow, I can't lie and say I'm not thrilled about this announcement. Can't wait to see who else they plan on doing for their Depp line

I'm nervous about this one....I don't want to get my hopes up for a Sweeney Todd figure only for HT to announce it was just an April Fool's Prank haha. But if they are legit releasing a Sweeney T, then they have my money!

Thought this was an April Fools joke until I saw it on their FB page. thoug I was hoping to see specs for Jack Sparrow, I can't lie and say I'm not thrilled about this announcement. Can't wait to see who else they plan on doing for their Depp line

My guess for the next one is Depp from Platoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back