First Look: New Animated CLONE WARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
PLEASE!! they won't come even CLOSE to the other maquettes......they want you to have to re-buy all the same characters again. I tell you what, this my be my "final straw" with Gentle Giant.

While I don't doubt that they'll be re-doing a lot of the same characters, please don't bash something that hasn't even come out yet. Isn't that the same thing you said a few posts earlier?

Darth Loki said:
While I don't doubt that they'll be re-doing a lot of the same characters, please don't bash something that hasn't even come out yet. Isn't that the same thing you said a few posts earlier?

True, I am just going by Gentle Giants history.

IrishJedi said:
It's set during the same time period (between AOTC and ROTS, but probably closer to ROTS). Some of the same events will be covered, but this will mostly be its own thing.

Actually, judging by the clones in the poster, it looks like this series may cover more of the transition period between CW Volume 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2 where it went from Anakin's knighting with his short hair to scarred and adult just before ROTS, they were a 3 year war so there's plenty to be told in between because the Cartoon Network seemed to be like the first few months of the war in Volume 1 and the last few days in Volume 2. It'd be cool if we got to see the formation and recruiting of General Grievous.

KitFisto said:
True, I am just going by Gentle Giants history.

And I can understand that. I fully expect there to be a Yoda, Obi, Anakin in this new style. I think they'd be stupid if they didn't. It doesn't mean I will get them though. I still want to see how well this series is done before I through money at collectibles for it.

galactiboy said:
Yay! Its now a perfect world... completly CGI and no need for pesky actors :lol

Not feeling the intial look for this, but I'll probably get over that once I see the shows.

:lol :clap :lol I don't need locations, I have computers.

I am not a big fan of this new form of animation, it just looks like an X-box game to me.

LOTRFan said:
:lol :clap :lol I don't need locations, I have computers.

I am not a big fan of this new form of animation, it just looks like an X-box game to me.

And I'm sure there will be one too :monkey1

Looks cool to me though Anakin looks a bit weird, his hair or something. I like the logo on obi wans shoulder, i think ive seen this before but cant palce it.
I never new it was going to 100 episodes that will be sweet, they can have 2 hour long storys.
Hope there a few stand alone clone trooper battles episodes without jedi as the best episode in the other clone wars cartoon are when the ARCs get to show the stuff. Like to see clone intel on recon.

Darth Loki said:
And I'm sure there will be one too :monkey1

Well to be honest when I first saw this, I thought of KOTOR - so I guess it's already been made.

:confused:

when I first saw this I thought of the people in Shrek for some reason.

LOTRFan said:

My thought exactly. I thought it was an advert for Jedi Power Battles.

I'll reserve judgement until I have more to go than the one poster---however, having said that I'm not over the (Endor) moon.

DarthNeil said:
I'll reserve judgement until I have more to go than the one poster---however, having said that I'm not over the (Endor) moon.

Damn Canadians are never happy :D

More CW can only be a good thing. I think the cartoons we currently have are better than both Episodes 1 and 2.

Gendy's input will be missed. I think he is the one that put the style on the Cartoon Network series. That series exuded geek fandom and that's why it rocked.

Now, this 3D thing looks pretty bad from that one picture. I'll reserve judgement until I see an episode but I have a feeling it will suck compared to the Cartoon Network series. I think someone at LF saw how well Pixar computer animation does and how popular it is and they came up with this ugly thing. :lol

The 3D looks alright, maybe reminds me a little too much of a video game. But there's always something to be said for traditional 2D animation that 3D can't capture. Not having the story run through someone outside of Lucasfilm has me worried more. I fear that this might be Lucas unleashed.

If this is going to be more PG-13 like GL said, this has a chance to kick some serious ass. I have no problems with the different animation style as long as the story and voices are well done.

Back