First Look: New Animated CLONE WARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they all look good except for Obi-Wan; he looks absurd in that armor all out of proportion. Hope he looks better in the show. The rest look great.

Obi-wan's head does look too big for his body on the poster.

Hm... newer graphics, more 3d than the older series. Does that mean Gentle Giant will be releasing another series of clone wars animated figures. tsk tsk...

noelleon69 said:
Hm... newer graphics, more 3d than the older series. Does that mean Gentle Giant will be releasing another series of clone wars animated figures. tsk tsk...
Of course! With b&w versions, super-deformed versions and convention exclusives!

I can't believe some people are attacking the animation after looking at one poster. Personally, I think it looks pretty cool and I'm sure the finished product will look a thousand times better than the previous Clone Wars cartoons.

Looks OK, but I'm a huge fan of the first series, and without Gendy and crew, I'm gonna be skeptical. Also, cell animation owns CGI anyday, and forever. But I have a glimmer of hope, the Clone Wars series was the best part of the PT to me.

I would have liked the look to be closer to the CN cartoon... Now... I wonder how the collectibles will look
:monkey1

... I want a Shaak Ti maquette

Looks good... Anyone know when the story will take place? Does it take place between the two Clone Wars series?

I am really looking forward to this. For those complaining remember....it's animated :emperor

Without Gendy, I see no hope for this series.

Also, first we get Emo Peter Parker and now we get Emo Anakin? WTF Mate?

IronFingaz said:
Looks good... Anyone know when the story will take place? Does it take place between the two Clone Wars series?

I was wondering this myself. If I'm not mistaken this will be a much longer running series compared to the current CW cartoons.

And GG will be making maquettes for this series. It's part of the reason the other line is at an end :monkey2 I'm very interested to see how they look and how well they will go with the current maquettes

Shropt said:
Without Gendy, I see no hope for this series.

Also, first we get Emo Peter Parker and now we get Emo Anakin? WTF Mate?

Ahem, were we watching the same movies? Anakin seemed QUITE emo in Clones and into Sith. A hairstyle alone does not an emo make.

20070517b_bg.jpg

I think it looks pretty great. Like Seth said, I think it is sad that it will be funner to watch than the PT, but I'll look at it this way: it'll sure make the SW marathon days (I know more than a few of us have) that much funner.

Bring them on ASAP.

:blissy

Darth Loki said:
I was wondering this myself. If I'm not mistaken this will be a much longer running series compared to the current CW cartoons.

And GG will be making maquettes for this series. It's part of the reason the other line is at an end :monkey2 I'm very interested to see how they look and how well they will go with the current maquettes

PLEASE!! they won't come even CLOSE to the other maquettes......they want you to have to re-buy all the same characters again. I tell you what, this my be my "final straw" with Gentle Giant.

IronFingaz said:

It's set during the same time period (between AOTC and ROTS, but probably closer to ROTS). Some of the same events will be covered, but this will mostly be its own thing.

I hope they skip Durge this time, actually. HATED him. Worst part of the previous CW series, imho.

And as far as eventual Gentle Giant maquettes... yes, they will have a whole new look to follow this style. But the $64,000 question is whether or not GG (and ACME) will start producing contrived items of OT characters based on this new style as well, like they're doing with the previous one. :rolleyes:

this is one of the many stupidest ideas with modern star wars products. Take a great cartoon (IMO) and redo it in 3D. what was wrong with the cartoon? if there is nothing wrong, why bother change it to 3D? is it a suggestion from one of lucas' kids or what? And if there is something not right with the cartoon, why stick with that style in 3D?

Still, I'll reserve judgement till I watch some episode (in the spirit of fair judgement), but so far, the concept is just lame.

Back