First Impressions for Iron Man Mark XLII by Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadShepard

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
:(I was just Looking at these pictures as this figure went up for pre-sale today. I was kinda waiting for this one but not totally certain of my purchase choice until I saw these pictures today.

To me, this figure looks ridiculous. The immediate impression I got was negative, In all the photos, I saw the total disregard for the proportions of the character which have been finally pushed a bit to far. If you were to stand R.D.J. next to this figure you would realize that this suit, should he actually wear it, would tear him to pieces. The torso is way to long the legs to thin and the neck impossibly long. the Word my GF chose for it was "too Caterpillary" which I think fits rather well.

I know a lot of people are big on the "well I'm not to uptight about this or that" or "your being to picky" and to that I have to say bullcrap! It's a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR TOY.

Even if you want to say you're rich and the price doesn't matter, (which is a stupid thing to say anyway) If you are asking this extremely high price for a 12" figure that you can barely articulate, and will do very little more than stand on a shelf, then yes you're damn right I'm going be picky, especially about the absolute basics, because if you can't get those right then you need to rethink your career.

I think at this level they need to either DRASTICALLY reduce the price, or get it f'n right.

It's just a poor first impression and at this time I will not be adding it to my collection.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back