First G.I. JUNK Test-Screening Reaction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the irony. :lol For someone who was just criticizing another freak for his "lack of English" skills, perhaps you need to brush up on your English Comprehension. The post directly above yours was from the Site Administrator telling you to knock off the personal attacks. Bringing his magazine into question, which is entirely irrelevant to this thread, is a personal attack.

In his defense, he may have responded to my post before he read the post from Darklord Dave.

so i have really no problem with his observation other that it was rather off topic and i'm already feeling guilty for contributing to the off topic slide of this thread...

aaargh!... i'm doing it again:(

ok... back on topic...

i think the worst thing that can possibly happen to the Gi-joe license is if this movie does really well at the box office...

it will pretty much guarantee that all future joes will looks like black leather bondage power rangers :monkey2

I never trust a critic. Who the hell are they that I should give a rats ass of their opinion anyway?

Ah, the irony. :lol For someone who was just criticizing another freak for his "lack of English" skills, perhaps you need to brush up on your English Comprehension. The post directly above yours was from the Site Administrator telling you to knock off the personal attacks. Bringing his magazine into question, which is entirely irrelevant to this thread, is a personal attack.

You should know. Aren't you up to 13 infractions already? :lol

You know who has the best personal attacks? Stephen Sommers. He is able to assault all five senses at once while simultaneously wasting millions of dollars. Does anyone know what his next project is going to be? Will he even be allowed to direct anything with studio money after this?

i think the worst thing that can possibly happen to the Gi-joe license is if this movie does really well at the box office...

It'll just spawn a new generation of GI JOE fans( I feel sorry for them). If you really think about it the GI JOE's that we all know and love were really the second incarnation of GI JOE. The original was a 12" figure that was different from the 3 3/4" line. I wonder how fans of that JOE felt when the 3 3/4" line was made?

It'll just spawn a new generation of GI JOE fans( I feel sorry for them). If you really think about it the GI JOE's that we all know and love were really the second incarnation of GI JOE. The original was a 12" figure that was different from the 3 3/4" line. I wonder how fans of that JOE felt when the 3 3/4" line was made?

Well, the 12" fans are probably loving every minute of it now.

You should know. Aren't you up to 13 infractions already? :lol

You know who has the best personal attacks? Stephen Sommers. He is able to assault all five senses at once while simultaneously wasting millions of dollars. Does anyone know what his next project is going to be? Will he even be allowed to direct anything with studio money after this?

No, and I only have one. No, seriously. :p And I wouldn't have any if the Mods gave infractions for stupidity. Too bad we couldn't give Sommers 15 infractions and ban him from the movie indefinitely. :lol

No, it just had ghosts that melt faces and explode heads, people who get their hearts ripped out and stay alive, and 500 year old knights. Nothing at all as outlandish as aliens and UFOs. :lol

It wasn't that it was believable/unbelievable... Indy always had a whole mysticism/magical element that was rooted in actual religion and/or mythology. The aliens just threw me off, that's all.

That's actually Dramaticly different. Here's why.
Joe Colton ( the Original GI JOE) , and his team were a group who handled Dangerous missions and got "experimental" equipment. To make way for Larry Hamma's Reinvention of GI JOE, Colton Retired from service. The reason for Hamma's re-invention of the line was that it was not as profitable as it once had been, and Hamma sugessted treating them like comic book heroes and giving them a Villian.

And if you go so far into the Joe Mythos as to read the devils due stuff ( which, By the way is not as all bad as some o n these boards would lead you to believe. not as good as Hamma, but still, not as bad as people make it out to be, UNLESS you're talking Reborn, that Literaly was fanfiction, but i digress)
As I was saying, by the time of the World War III Storyarch, Joe Colton, the Original Joe Gets Re-activated, and promoted to the Rank of General, And becomes The Commander of the Joe Teams.

The reason that this is different from the runaway mine cart that is the summers.... welll whatever it is. Is that they respected the original character, and more or les left him alone.

For example, the Baroness, Destro DUKE love triangle is completely unessacry.

The Bad story is bad enough, but they really REALLY did nt need to RE-write the character history of the joes.

It wasn't that it was believable/unbelievable... Indy always had a whole mysticism/magical element that was rooted in actual religion and/or mythology. The aliens just threw me off, that's all.
they wern't traditional aliens however, they were " multi-dimensional beings" which is actually a little different. For a quick understanding go watch the old sci-fi channel series, Sliders.

I'm with Irish, it's not any harder to swallow than any other indy movie, and I think fits nicly with the rest of them.

Personal opinion, however, Next film, toss in GENEROUS amounts of Cthulu Mythos, here's few EXCELENT McGuffins for indy to keep out of the hands of, well, ANYONE

https://www.thestygiandepths.com/arcane_tomes.html

random page
N19_op_800x603.jpg

they wern't traditional aliens however, they were " multi-dimensional beings" which is actually a little different. For a quick understanding go watch the old sci-fi channel series, Sliders.

Oh come on, who cares... that's all semantics. :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe it wasn't so much the aliens being a part of the movie, but the way it was handled. I didn't really have a huge problem with it until the end - everything about it was just too "obvious". We really didn't need to see that thing come to life or anything - just keep things mysterious. I think the aliens angle could have worked a lot better.

I know they were trying to make it sort of like the end of Raiders, but God Himself didn't come down from Heaven with his big white beard to smite the Nazis - know what I mean?

Maybe it all comes down to Lucas' overuse of CGI in general...

Anyway, maybe it wasn't so much the aliens being a part of the movie, but the way it was handled. I didn't really have a huge problem with it until the end - everything about it was just too "obvious". We really didn't need to see that thing come to life or anything - just keep things mysterious. I think the aliens angle could have worked a lot better.

I know they were trying to make it sort of like the end of Raiders, but God Himself didn't come down from Heaven with his big white beard to smite the Nazis - know what I mean?

Bah, ^^^^ Lucas and his poor attempt to deny the "alien" tag. They looked like the Whitney Schriber aliens everybody is "abducted" by, their dimensional time travel device was a friggin' UFO. If they weren't "aliens" in the sense that they came from outer space, then they were aliens in the sense of being alien. Personally, if they'd left the aliens out entirely and stuck with the true origins of the crystal skulls, it would've been more of an Indy movie.

In the end I'd watch KOTCS a million times, hell, just loop the Tarzan Mutt scene a thousand times. I'd rather watch that than this flick.

How about this. instead of all the skeletons reforming and becoming a live "alien" , the skeleton Heads all simply turned to focus on the Russian psychic. Everything else Remains the same however. do you think that would have been a better ending?

How about this. instead of all the skeletons reforming and becoming a live "alien" , the skeleton Heads all simply turned to focus on the Russian psychic. Everything else Remains the same however. do you think that would have been a better ending?

That probably would have been better, yeah.

I really don't think we needed to see a big UFO at the end either.

The UFO was cool.

Plus, Indy has seen God, he has seen magic, and ^^^^...why not Aliens? God...complain about the ^^^^ing story more, insted of ^^^^ing Aliens or Mutt swinging.

Back