Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot Toys MMS10 Robocop Score

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could squeeze out at LEAST 5 more figures from this line. I wonder if Hot Toys even still has the license.

Does any company ever fully take advantage of the Robocop license?

McFarlane dropped it after one 7" and one 12" figure. What a joke. People were crying out for ED-209 and this was back when McFarlane were frequently putting out products in that size range. And he wouldn't have been all that complex to produce, certainly no more than the Matrix APU.

NECA only put out one 18", granted that was over licensing.

Hot Toys seem to have been the most 'complete' for Robocop in recent years. 3 Robocops and 2 ED-209s.

there's only so much you can do with a franchise where the title character actor refuses to let anyone use his likeness. that, combined with no real Robocop movies coming out since the early 1990s means nobody really gives a s#!t about it anymore. Robocop is not Batman and we're lucky to get all the Robocop merchandise that we have now.

I can see Prefused's point. Robocop only got one very good film. Robocop 2 is mediocre at best IMO but even if you disagree with that it still only leaves two worthy films from the late 80s/very early 90s - everything since then pertaining to this license has deservedly been a major fail with a capital F.

that's not true at all.

Agreed. The character design has become iconic and the first film is a classic 80s hybrid black satire/action flick.

The sequels quickly established a law of diminishing returns and sucked the root.

Verhoven's original is a classic SF film, though.

This figure would make for a great re-release, I think, with HT's quantum leaps in articulation & engineering.

that's not true at all.
if it wasn't true, there would be more Robocop figures. there is not, so my point is self-evident. this isn't complicated. the market has spoken and i'm taking its word over yours.

if it wasn't true, there would be more Robocop figures. there is not, so my point is self-evident. this isn't complicated. the market has spoken and i'm taking its word over yours.

No it's not true and i could care less about YOUR interpretation of the "market". Just because the film came out more than twenty years ago and subsequently released several mediocre to terrible sequels Robocop has STILL maintained itself as a valuable intellectual property and a money maker for whoever holds the rights. Do you actually think, because all the sequels sucked and came out in the 90's, that the Robocop rights owners went on to make TWO cartoons, comic books, toys, statues, video games AND a tv series because nobody gave a s*it about it and it consistently LOST money for investors. Lol, you must live in California and work at a medical marijuana facility if that's what you believe. There are MANY licenses that are still very coveted because they have achieved a CULT status and have become ingraned in Americana. The Warriors is one that comes to mind and Halloween is another. Halloween had one MILESTONE movie and then a series of mediocre to terrible sequels but you want to tell me that no one gives a s*it about Michael Myers? The Warriors came out almost 30 years ago, was quickly pulled from theatres because of gang controversy and no sequels were ever made but you want to tell me there's no market for that because the movie came out oh so very long ao. :rotfl No, it only went on to spawn video games, clothing lines, toys, statues and lunchboxes so many years later. I guess investors are wrong about the "market" there also.

Dude..sell crazy somewhere else..we're all stocked up here. "No one gives a s*it.." about Robocop!:lol Hmmmmm I guess your gonna also tell me if Hot Toys put out a Brandon Lee Crow figure tomorrow no one would buy it because they don't give a s*it about the property because no REAL Crow movies have come out since the 90's?:lol

2012 is the 25th ANNIVERSARY of ROBOCOP (1987) Maybe we will see something from HOT TOYS then. Hopefully the ROBOCOP REMAKE movie will come back to life and finally get released. If that happens I could see HOT TOYS taking an interest. That's what I am hoping for.

No it's not true and i could care less about YOUR interpretation of the "market". Just because the film came out more than twenty years ago and subsequently released several mediocre to terrible sequels Robocop has STILL maintained itself as a valuable intellectual property and a money maker for whoever holds the rights. Do you actually think, because all the sequels sucked and came out in the 90's, that the Robocop rights owners went on to make TWO cartoons, comic books, toys, statues, video games AND a tv series because nobody gave a s*it about it and it consistently LOST money for investors. Lol, you must live in California and work at a medical marijuana facility if that's what you believe. There are MANY licenses that are still very coveted because they have achieved a CULT status and have become ingraned in Americana. The Warriors is one that comes to mind and Halloween is another. Halloween had one MILESTONE movie and then a series of mediocre to terrible sequels but you want to tell me that no one gives a s*it about Michael Myers? The Warriors came out almost 30 years ago, was quickly pulled from theatres because of gang controversy and no sequels were ever made but you want to tell me there's no market for that because the movie came out oh so very long ao. :rotfl No, it only went on to spawn video games, clothing lines, toys, statues and lunchboxes so many years later. I guess investors are wrong about the "market" there also.

Dude..sell crazy somewhere else..we're all stocked up here. "No one gives a s*it.." about Robocop!:lol Hmmmmm I guess your gonna also tell me if Hot Toys put out a Brandon Lee Crow figure tomorrow no one would buy it because they don't give a s*it about the property because no REAL Crow movies have come out since the 90's?:lol
that's cool. when we see your fantasy $200+ DX Robo figure and $600+ Cain figure flying off the shelves, i'll take YOUR interpretation seriously. until then, courage.

oh, and that remake of your "valuable intellectual property" has been in development limbo for almost 10 years and passed off to several writers/directors... and then it got scrapped altogether. i'm sure the studio must have plenty of confidence in the franchise for that to happen. surely, such a valuable commodity would have producers scrambling to get it made. hell, by your estimation, it'll be the next Avatar. you should send them that adorably naive speech you just posted. that'll clear it up.

that's cool. when we see your fantasy $200+ DX Robo figure and $600+ Cain figure flying off the shelves, i'll take YOUR interpretation seriously. until then, courage.

oh, and that remake of your "valuable intellectual property" has been in development limbo for almost 10 years and passed off to several writers/directors... and then it got scrapped altogether. i'm sure the studio must have plenty of confidence in the franchise for that to happen. surely, such a valuable commodity would have producers scrambling to get it made. hell, by your estimation, it'll be the next Avatar. you should send them that adorably naive speech you just posted. that'll clear it up.

I would take a dx Robo, Cain, and Ed209. Ill pass on the Robot Ninja from part crap... I mean 3. If they could come up with a good script they would make the movie. I would probably only do 80-120 million.

Robocop 4 came out and we didnt even know it in Asia:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7pOoSe2K5DU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7pOoSe2K5DU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
If they could come up with a good script they would make the movie. I would probably only do 80-120 million.
MGM couldn't even get it off the ground with Aronofsky at the helm. and they've totally scrapped the budget. at this point, we'll be lucky to get another straight-to-dvd Prime Directives sequel.

let's do this. how about u learn about hot toys pricing since u think a robocain figure would cost $600+ THEN come back to me. how about you just learn about high end figure collecting in general since you obviously have no clue what hot toys robocop figures go for in the aftermarket.....hmmmmmm...can you say $600+??? until then..courage.

Back