FINALLY! ERAGON Movie Trailer!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check this out..........considering my love for LOTR and that it has been said that it resembles Dungeons and Dragons............

May have to check the books out as well.

My only complaint...........the dragon.

I don't know about anyone else. But I thought the dragons in Reign of Fire looked great. Same with the dragon in Dragonslayer. When was that movie made, 1984????? The dragon in it was awesome. Dragonheart's dragon stunk..........if you are gonna have a movie about a dragon, it better have a good look and a good feel, that the damn thing looks like it could really be there in real life, not CGI mixed.

Yeah - you hit the nail on the head. This dragon reminds me of the crappy Dragonheart one.

Dragonslayer was the best, imo. I love that scene when she's crawling through that tunnel all pi$$ed off...

galactiboy said:
Thanks for the heads up, I'm not familiar with the books, but the trailer looked pretty good. And at least worth the price of admission. It doesn't quite appear to have the refinement of LOTR or Narnia, but you never can tell.

All I can say is that based on the gut feel of seeing the trailer, it hasn't hooked me in as much. Note that trailers are meant to have some of the best scenes in the movie. If the trailer doesn't hook you, then chances are the rest of the film won't. Basically, a trailer's job is to lure you in. I'd be curious to know of a movie whose trailer sucked but the movie was actually good.

Looks pretty interesting... I really don't know much about it, but will probably catch it just to see if it's any good. Nice to see Jeremy Irons doing something again! :D

What a brilliant story very LOTR as I said earlier on here but with Dragons and the second book in the trilogy Eldest is amazing too, definitely one to watch this Xmas!!:D

Nazgurl said:
I'l much more excited about the His Dark Materials movie that began filming this month. THAT one I can't wait to see.

Damn right about that Nazgurl, His Dark Materials is a superb trilogy and I PRAY comes across well on screen!! Here's hoping! Isn't Ridley Scott doing that one?

I think the books were innovative and have good story components, but there are too many borrowed elements for my liking, not only from Tolkein, but from a number of other sources. I don't like some of the themes he toys with either; but, I think the film version will be much better as the book, as the book lacked character development and never fleshes out some of the characters very well. I think the story will be much better on screen. Looks promising.

Back