Final Fantasy Collection Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you crazy man, i never went and claimed that the movie was better than the game (though i like the movie a lot).

with littlebigplanet going on the psp now, i may have to pick one up later this year so i can finally play crisis core.

Wait you can play it on the PSP now?!?!?! Dude you will be in heaven with Crisis Core.

EPIC.

get with the times man.

from the ps blog:

• LittleBigPlanet – Developed in conjunction with MediaMolecule, the critically acclaimed game LittleBigPlanet makes its way to the PSP, offering new SackBoy™ adventures with the same play, create, share experience for gamers on-the-go, in addition to brand new levels and environments specifically created for the platform.

i've got a bunch of the play arts figures, but nothing quite measures up to the masterpiece arts gabranth. like jsk said though, one day!

you do know Zack from CC is out already now right? Aries and Cloud from CC is also outin the same set.

Yeah, I picked up Zack when I picked Sephiroth up. Passed on Cloud for now, but may pick him up later. I may get the game version Cloud, I wonder why it cost $30 rather than tn $25 like the rest of the other series.

Yeah, I picked up Zack when I picked Sephiroth up. Passed on Cloud for now, but may pick him up later. I may get the game version Cloud, I wonder why it cost $30 rather than tn $25 like the rest of the other series.

over here they are always $30, only lower when they go on sale or clearance. you might of been able to get the set for cheap if you got them off ebay, thats how i ended up getting my game ffvii crew.

I find VII to be one of the most highly over-rated games ever. Now, give me some great figures from VI or X and I would be all over them. I can't understand why we've never gotten any 1:6 Final Fantasy. It would seem such an obvious license that would surely sell a ton.

FFVII is the biggest FF to date...not only that bug the most popular and regarded as the best in the series by many. Including me. It's epic on a whole other scale.

VIII is good, solid game.

But there's just something about 7 that puts it above the rest. It's always been VII and other FF games since it came out, and most likely will always be that way.

I actually got interested in FF after watching AC. Don't know too much, I know Sephiroth is a baddass. I know Cloud had defeated him, is Cloud also skilled or just got lucky? Who is the most baddass in all FF saga?

Who is the most baddass in all FF saga?

Auron. That is all.

But there's just something about 7 that puts it above the rest. It's always been VII and other FF games since it came out, and most likely will always be that way.

Yes, it's called the hype machine. You're welcome to like the game, but I've always had problems with it. None of the characters are truly endearing to me like say Yuna or Wakka. Plus, the game has more than one character that just downright irritates me (Yuffie, Cloud, and Cait Sith.) Granted, Tidus was kinda annoying at first, but he grew on me as the game progressed. The plot also seems very thin. It is essentially: Let's go stop this guy because he's evil and wants to destroy the world. There's no nuance to it. I also dislike the magic system for completely destroying all sense of character individuality.

Last edited:
VIII is good, solid game.

Final Fantasy VII is mythic for many players because lot of them have discovered the RPG with this game.
(included me)

^This is true. Because of the hype surrounding it, it was the first RPG for so many players. That colors their judgment of the other games. Often times for humans, their first experience with something will always be their favorite.

Final Fantasy VII is mythic for many players because lot of them have discovered the RPG with this game.
(included me)

Yes but compared to games of the past it was just everything. The sheer size and scale of it, the soundtrack, the characters, the story, every element about it brought it to the next level.

The last FF people played was this:
final-fantasy-6.jpg

And we got this:
ff7-midgar.jpg

Now, give me some great figures from VI or X and I would be all over them.

There's already a set (Tidus, Yuna, Auron) of awesome FFX figures!

As for games, my top one's are IV (SNES, not DS remake) and X. VII was such a revolutionary game though so it will always hold a special place with me, but that doesnt necessarily mean it is the best one (IMO of course).

Back