Figures you couldn't bring yourself to part with

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Newer better versions will come out sometime anyway.

Depends on the movie I guess. I love my HT Platoon and Iglourious Basterds figures and I can't see them remaking them. I went through a phase where "money talked" and I can tell you that I'm not sure I'd do it again. Money talked for my HT Godfather and I miss it a lot now. Now that I went through that phase, there's too many to list that I wouldn't part with. I tried boxing up my Morgul Lord PF a few times to sell him and had to take him back out again (and that was when I was selling away a lot). But if tomorrow I had to let go most of my stuff, the only one I would definitely refuse to give up, would be EB Jack Bauer for personal reasons between my son and I.

Depends on the movie I guess. I love my HT Platoon and Iglourious Basterds figures and I can't see them remaking them. I went through a phase where "money talked" and I can tell you that I'm not sure I'd do it again. Money talked for my HT Godfather and I miss it a lot now. Now that I went through that phase, there's too many to list that I wouldn't part with. I tried boxing up my Morgul Lord PF a few times to sell him and had to take him back out again (and that was when I was selling away a lot). But if tomorrow I had to let go most of my stuff, the only one I would definitely refuse to give up, would be EB Jack Bauer for personal reasons between my son and I.

Never give up EB Jack :lecture

Unlike alot of "collectors" i've only sold 3 figures & no statues.

But the top of my 1/6 figures that i couldn't part with are.

T2 T800
Superman
Blade
Wolverine
Darth Vader
Shadow Predator
T1000

Unlike alot of "collectors" i've only sold 3 figures & no statues.

But the top of my 1/6 figures that i couldn't part with are.

T2 T800
Superman
Blade
Wolverine
Darth Vader
Shadow Predator
T1000

There's another one I regret selling ! :cuckoo:

I can see HT redoing Blade as part of their 2.0 series...I'd wait it out and not go blow hundreds of dollars. Patience is a virtue ;):lol

Ya I know. That's one thing I'll never do though, spend tons over retail for something. I can see spending a bit more, but not the crazy prices.

I just packed up about a dozen or so figures I've decided to unload... evidently it's only a fraction of my full collection. Hard to choose.

So if my hand was forced, the one figure I would likely keep to my grave is the HT T-800 Endoskeleton. In my mind still the best figure HT has ever made.

I don't anything has come out that I couldn't part with if needed.

Right now I couldn't bring myself to part with any of my figures, if I absolutely needed money though the only one I would let go is my Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins and considering when I started this I was aiming only to invest in the Batman line this is both ironic and a testament to the quality of Hot Toys figures

Who knows what the future holds though especially with the re-releases :p

I think with all the remakes coming out, I could get rid on any figure, as long as I knew there was an improved version coming out.

I guess I couldn't part without any of my figures. I still have every single figure and statues I purchased in my collection.

Only ones I have sold is my old Ironman Mark III & VI, don't regret selling either tbh

I sometimes look at my collection and feel my Mark IV is actually my favourite despite having ones like the new Jack Sparrow. Weird eh :)

Figures? My custom Hicks would be tough to get rid of. And my custom Teen Titans Minimates. But like others have said, I could get rid of most anything else for the right price I guess. Statue-wise, Cap and Hulk PFs would be very tough for me to get rid of. They are both too awesome.

This is not limited to just Hot Toys figures, you can post anything. Hell I still have a 7" Stay Puft from Ghostbusters that was given to me when I was 3-4 years old.

Yeah, I've got lots of vintage stuff that I wouldn't want to get rid of. High on that list is a Super Powers Clark Kent that I vividly remember getting for Christmas one year.

My old Bandai Mothra larvae that my grandmother gave to me when I was just a little guy. She passed away last year and it's always held a lot of sentimental value to me.

I don't think anyone would buy this.

Sparrow14.jpg

Custom Feng Einstein. That's the only figure I couldn't replace by throwing money at ebay.

Back