Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was Figure of the Year... NOT character I love the most.

What is so great about the Batfleck as far as figure dynamics goes? Is it an engineering marvel? Is it a dead-on sculpt? Is it a complex multi-media grail?

No.... it's just.... Batman. The figure people were calling Fat-Man in fact.

Personally, I think the Batfleck sculpt is dead-on. He looks amazing in person. The details in his suit are excellent too.
Still, Donatello gets my vote for figure of the year! (And I'm obviously a fan of the Batman character)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Pizza Time!"
25adfd3db9d58d6e441dc63eaf2942f0.jpg

BvS figure really did turn out well. If Neca didn't knock Donnie out of park, I'd be fine voting either batflek or antman HT. But as some have stated, only 1/6 hot toys will probably ever win the polls as most collect 1/6 apparently. So it's assumed a 1/6 HT will win every year on the polls.

That being said, I'm loving all the nominations, guys. I really need to pick up that Kirk fig!

What is so great about the Batfleck as far as figure dynamics goes? Is it an engineering marvel? Is it a dead-on sculpt? Is it a complex multi-media grail?

The sculpt is dead on yes. People were calling him Fat-Man before they redid the suit and actually gave him some muscle. Batman figures generally have little in the way of articulation, this has it in spades. It's a great figure but not for everyone obviously :lol

It doesn't work like that at all. Australia has no import tax on items worth under $1000, but that will all change on July 1 when that threshold gets slashed to $20

Holy crap. To go from never having to pay import duty to pretty much always having to pay import duty is surely gonna suck for you guys.

:goodpost:

I wish I could give you some rep for this comment.

All of the figures on this list are phenomenal, but I think that there may be two types of collectors out there...collectors who think that the Batman v Superman Batman is a truly amazing figure...and collectors whose Waitlists for the Batman v Superman Batman did not convert...

Holy crap. To go from never having to pay import duty to pretty much always having to pay import duty is surely gonna suck for you guys.
I rarely buy from overseas now as there are a tonne of Aussie retailers that stock 1/6 figures and other stuff I collect, so I don't think it will effect me all that much.

I think the Batman, Donatello and VTS Wasteland figures have an advantage of being released late in the year and as such are on our minds more.

To think ANH Sandtrooper was released in 2016, it feels like it was released before that because it was so early in the year. Battling Cap also a great figure released mid year, but so many versions of the character, it is largely forgotten.

I still haven't decided which one is my pick for figure of the year. I have a couple more arriving next week and then I shall decide.

I think the Batman, Donatello and VTS Wasteland figures have an advantage of being released late in the year and as such are on our minds more.

I have the VTS Max and I love it but in no way would I consider it Figure of the Year, or even in the top 10. And Fury Road is my favorite 2015 movie.

Batman don't need help, he is just amazing in hand, the turtle heads weren't lucky enough to snag him I guess. So they vote for a hunk of plastic donny

I got a BvS bats and couldn't stand owning anything from such pathetic film. So I sold it to some idiot that was stupid enough to pay me almost double.

I don't get that feeling with NECA's Donnie. He's everything.

I have the VTS Max and I love it but in no way would I consider it Figure of the Year, or even in the top 10. And Fury Road is my favorite 2015 movie.

Respectfully disagree....VTS was in my top 5

Now, I personally hates all the DC films so far......literally boring me to death. BUT the Batfleck figure is very well done, and I would consider getting it as just a nice Batman figure. I would also say the same about Arkham Bats.

I gave up on the TMNJ back in the 80's .....thankfully still have my first printing books.....but I am not a fan of them anymore. That being said , Neca is impressive with what they did with Donny and even more impressive at the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Respectfully disagree....VTS was in my top 5

Now, I personally hates all the DC films so far......literally boring me to death. BUT the Batfleck figure is very well done, and I would consider getting it as just a nice Batman figure. I would also say the same about Arkham Bats.

I gave up on the TMNJ back in the 80's .....thankfully still have my first printing books.....but I am not a fan of them anymore. That being said , Neca is impressive with what they did with Donny and even more impressive at the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep...Wasteland Ranger was my number one until I got my hands on Blitzway's Fight Club figure...even then it was a near tie with Durden just edging the Ranger out by a narrow margin...this was in a year where I picked up Civil War Cap, BvS Superman, Regular Batman, Knightmare Batman, Antman, just to name a few...it is an amazing figure!

The top three for me that I've purchased are BvS Batman, Deadpool and fur jacket Tyler Durden. I sold Batman, but I'd say it's objectively the best figure of the three. I couldn't really fault it, I just wasn't feeling the DCEU despite actually enjoying BvS and don't want to invest into the line until a more memorable movie comes about. Kind of regret it. Tyler probably edges Deadpool as my personal favourite of the year, both feel refreshing among most of the current high end 1/6 releases. But I still have to give it to Batman.

Surprised the Mark 45 isn't higher. I haven't seen it in hand but it looks impressive.

Back