Fewture/DiD 1/6 Fringe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really glad that the show is getting some attention, sad that these are so off the mark. especially Olivia. DiD has turned out some pretty decent likenesses in the past so I'm not sure how these came out looking like this.

I think they may be engineered by Art Storm (under the brand Fewture), DID's Japanese partner, not DID themselves... Although DID is the one that's making the figures.

Last edited:
okay, thanks for the info. I have quite a few DiD figs resembling pop culture stars and they are for the most part pretty spot on.

I think they may be engineered by Art Storm (under the brand Fewture), DID's Japanese partner, not DID themselves... Although DID is the one that's making the figures.

Found these on ebay:

walter.jpg

Peter.jpg

Olivia.jpg

Yep, judging from ebay these have been out for a couple of days now; i suppose the rest of us will get it in hand around a month or two.

Some of the in hand pics make the olivia headsculpt look a lot better then i thought; not perfect but much better.

Oh, looks just great.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I think it's painfully obvious they didn't have likeness rights for Anna Torv.

I still think a typical Barbie doll has a better likeness to Anna Torv - and those things have terrible paint apps. Peter and Walter are passable and I can't see an artist with a license to Anna Torv's likeness producing the sculpt we see here. The only explanation that I can come up with is they simply didn't have her likeness rights. It happens.

Yeah but this isn't Movie Maniacs T-800 bad, you can see her in there. The hair throws it off more than anything else. A shame since Walter and Peter are decent.

Yeah they should stop using rooted hair, it never looks good. Then again I've never owned a 1/6 female other than Ripley with powerloader, they just never capture them(females) good enough. The real thing is always going to look better :naughty

The only explanation that I can come up with is they simply didn't have her likeness rights. It happens.

Or maybe others can see the likeness where you cannot; that happens too.

No one's saying this is spot on; none of them are really, but you put these on the shelf most fans of the show will know who they are supposed to be.

Hey, I'm not knocking anyone who says they seem some of the character, but there's no argument on the two specific features I mentioned that the actress does not share with the sculpt: pointy nose and underbite.

My hypothesis of there being no likeness rights, among other things, is extending some benefit of the doubt and kindness to the artist. Because if they were in fact trying to duplicate Anna Torv's visage, they failed miserably. I haven't seen a bigger miss in a commercial 1/6 product in along time.

Maybe it isn't sharp; but I think her nose is rather prominent nonetheless.

I don't want to piss anyone off by implying anna torv is unattractive because that's the opposite of what I think; but I can't help but feel her looks fall outside the usual "Hollywood hottie" stereotype, to my eyes her features seem a bit more rugged. Again, just my opinion, but that's my explanation for why the headsculpt is off since other companies evidently have trouble capturing the likeness of more stereotypical actresses.

These are quite nice. :yess: Too bad the others didn't have good enough likeness for me, but I am little tempted to see how those are in hand..

001.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

Stand is made of metal and fringe sign is magnetic. Does only come with one body and one stand, got extra ones from evilbay. :)

If anyone ever make Sleepy Hollow figures, and I really hope a solid company does, then I could pick up the Walter figure from this line for a Henry Parrish.... He looks decent.

Just got all three of these. I'll try and take some pics this weekend. Overall - the likenesses on Olivia, Fauxlivia and Peter aren't quite there but are not as bad as people are making out. With Walter it's interesting that the sculpts are COMPLETELY different but are both excellent likenesses, but the expression is about the same. It's weird that you'd go to the trouble to do different sculpts but not give Walter a more bemused expression to fit the character.

Olivia needs a body and a stand and she's be two figures. I'll be getting other body to display Fauxlivia as well. Walter has 3 looks - Walternate, Walter in lab coat and Walter with sweater and cap. Peter is the lightest with just 2 jackets - but he has something I hadn't seen before - usable, removable gloves. Yes, it takes a lot of effort to get the gloves on the bendy hands, but they look pretty good once on.

Overall - like Hot Toys Prison Break, these are figures I never thought we'd see from a cancelled show that didn't even get to 100 episodes. I hope they do well, I'd love to see more "out there" 1:6 figures coming from the smaller companies that will take more chances than HT and SSC.

Back