Fewture/DiD 1/6 Fringe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fewture 1/6 Fringe

Here's hoping lab coat walter comes with a mr papaya accessory.

Papaya.jpg

The friendliest of fruits!

If they do make Olivia...which they have to right?

Is it to much to ask to get a Fauxlivia too? Or am I jumping way ahead of things?

I don't think I've been this excited about a new license in a while.

If they do make Olivia...which they have to right?

Is it to much to ask to get a Fauxlivia too? Or am I jumping way ahead of things?

I don't think I've been this excited about a new license in a while.

Well there's a Walter and Walternate there so I don't see it being too much to ask. Different outfit and hair. Done. Seems like a no-brainer if these sell well. The sculpts looks pretty darn good from that one pic.

I watched Fringe from beginning to end and enjoyed the show, but not sure if I'd want 1:6 figures from it. It would all depend on the price, under $100 and I'd most certainly consider getting them. I'd actually prefer Fauxlivia over the regular one since I thought she looked prettier with red hair and bangs. Hopefully they'll just include two heads to cover both with one release.

It would be cool to display them with the Sideshow X-Files figures.
The thought of that makes me wish someone would revisit the X-Files and give us better versions along with some of the characters Sideshow blundered in not giving us like the Alien Bounty Hunter and Flukeman.

Fringe was a pretty good show. It's nice to get sci-fi stuff. The ending was a little cut short imo.

Can someone who reads Chinese and has really good eyesight translate the place cards? Like maybe there's a release date or something.

No release dates announced, but new pictures have surfaced and they offer a good look at the likenesses:

ART_STORM_1-6_SCALE_FRINGE_PETER_BISHOP_FIGURE_01.jpg

ART_STORM_1-6_SCALE_FRINGE_WALTER_BISHOP_FIGURE_01.jpg

Fingers crossed the prices are attractive and the Olivia sculpt equally attractive. ;) I'm all-in on this one if it hits those marks.

Likenesses are pretty good, especially Walter. But I don't really like Peter's outfit. I always think of him in a topcoat and scarf.

Pfft, I'm sure they'll all come with at least one change of clothes. ;)

Walter is fab! Not quite sure about Peter yet, though.

Fingers crossed the prices are attractive and the Olivia sculpt equally attractive. ;) I'm all-in on this one if it hits those marks.

:exactly::goodpost:

Need to see more photos of Peter in different angles before I judge the sculpt, but the Walter sculpt is spot on. That's John Noble right there. Can't wait to see Olivia.

Which makes me think -- you guys prefer to have her hair sculpted, or rooted? I wouldn't mind a pony-tailed headsculpt with sculpted hair.

Pfft, I'm sure they'll all come with at least one change of clothes. ;)

Seems like it, based on the photo at the first page :yess:

I really hope that the Olivia character does not have a pony tail. That's always my least favorite hairstyle on anyone. If done very well (Black Widow, Selina Kyle), I'd prefer rooted hair as it can look a lot more realistic and provide a much more premium finish, otherwise sculpted (Abigail Whistler) would hopefully prevent her from looking like a doll (Barbie).

The two ends of the FAIL spectrum with respect to hair: Cheap Doll (Barbie - rooted) <-> Cheap action figure (GI Joe 3", etc. sculpted)

Last edited:

Female 1/6 figures are hard to pull off in general, though i think part of the problem is that we as collectors tend to associate them with "barbies" so we're already predisposed to being more critical of them. I think Fewture might be biding their time before attempting an olivia sculpt, many 1/6 companies with years of experience under their belt can still struggle with female sculpts and these guys have only done one other 1/6 figure that i know of.

On the subject of hair i'd prefer sculpted; as rooted hair outside of HT's efforts tend to look very fake and "doll-like".

Style can be any as long as it's something she actually wore on the show, though i'm partial to the ponytail because i think it compliments her no nonsense demeanour better.

I'd prefer sculpted hair unless they can get it right. To be honest, with new companies I really do worry about rooted female hair. One need look no farther than the Amy figure from BCS's Doctor Who line to see what can go wrong with rooted hair.

Back