Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that it does look like scratches on the forehead in those previous pics kind of concerns me. Anyone else who has it noticing how easily it scratches? I had changed my mind on this and intended to pick it up, now I'm not so sure. Hmmmmm......

Fett.. granted there are the inaccuracy issues... but once I took it out.. held it in my hands.. really looked it over.. I was thrilled... I love Indy stuff.. but I am not so over the top obsessed that the mouth corners killed this for me you know.... some things have been irritants in this line.. ( PF's GREEN jacket for example).. but the issues with this were not enough for me to avoid grabbing it....

Fett.. granted there are the inaccuracy issues... but once I took it out.. held it in my hands.. really looked it over.. I was thrilled... I love Indy stuff.. but I am not so over the top obsessed that the mouth corners killed this for me you know.... some things have been irritants in this line.. ( PF's GREEN jacket for example).. but the issues with this were not enough for me to avoid grabbing it....

:lecture :lecture :lecture

That's about how I feel about it too. While the sculpt may be closer to the B prop (as seen in the 'Lucasfilm Archives - Star Wars to Indy Jones' book) as opposed to the correctly shaped one seen on screen, I'm happy overall with the gold plating and the base and it will look GREAT in front of my Indy Magnoli custom map to the temple (once I finally get that framed! :D)

https://indyprops.com/pp-raidmap.htm

Man, if Mike gives this piece such a thumbs-up, then that's all I need for reassurance! This has become a 'must-get' piece.

I agree. It is a must-have. It's not accurate, but when you are holding it in hand you don't even think about it. Seeing as how the Gobler is about as hard to get a hold of as the real idol, I can live with this. Just hope the small scratches can be buffed out. Other than that it is just fine.

Hello everyone! New to the boards - mainly only collect Sideshow Indy stuff - I've got all the 12" SS figs and now the fertility idol. I've got a question for the other SS idol owners here.

I got my Sideshow idol this week and thought it was a really nice piece. I noticed that mine has a small "dent" in the left breast. How many other collectors have idols with this issue? On another board I frequent the idol owners there report the same thing.

Here are pics of my idol:

Idol with base

Idol (close-up)

I thought about sending it back for a replacement, but if they are all like this, I guess I'll have to live with it.

Are you talking about that little tiny dot above the nipple? That little, itty bitty thing? Seriously?

I agree that the piece should be flawless as far as nicks and pits. Is it certain that only a few have this dot? Or is it on all the idols?

Are you talking about that little tiny dot above the nipple? That little, itty bitty thing? Seriously?

I agree that the piece should be flawless as far as nicks and pits. Is it certain that only a few have this dot? Or is it on all the idols?

Are we talking the dot or what looks like to me a dent in the nipple area.

No, it's not the little "dot" on the breast. That doesn't bother me so much. There's a small dent or crease right on the end of breast. It's very noticeable to me and shouldn't be there IMO.

Now I gotcha. You really can't see what you're talking about because of the reflections. I thought you were talking about that miniscule dimple right above the nipple area.

Mine has the small dent in it too. I don't really notice it. I am still 100% happy with it.

Oh okay. I also thought it was the reflections. I would send it back. That's one of the best things about Sideshow is that they'll swap it out for you, no problem.

Back