Female Statues: A plea to Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Large breasts aren't sexual per se. Still you could create an entire argument about the way women are portrayed in media and how they are treated in society in general and you wouldnt be wrong. However, in the end what you are asking for isn't really up to sideshow as they don't control the character designs for these comic book licenses. Superheroes are idealized versions of men and women. Both wear skin tight costumes to highlight their physiques. Why are we offended by women with big breasts and not offended by men with stupidly huge upper bodies?

......Superheroes are idealized versions of men and women. Both wear skin tight costumes to highlight their physiques.

That's right.

What AZmike and I were saying, is that when you're the father of children, particularly girls, they are being exposed to this type of imagery everywhere, all of the time. That constant bombardment can have serious ramifications when they get to an age where they are discovering themselves, their identity and trying to understand where they fit in this crazy world. This depiction of the female/male form is not "standard". Everyday people do not look like that, but advertising, etc, would have them think otherwise.

What I don't think Jabbahey realises is that yeah, he apparently has a "hot" wife, but she is most definitely an exception to the 'norm'. Is she a credit to what hard work and dedication can achieve, most certainly, but not everyone has the genetics, drive, capability or whatever to achieve what she has.

That's right.

What AZmike and I were saying, is that when you're the father of children, particularly girls, they are being exposed to this type of imagery everywhere, all of the time. That constant bombardment can have serious ramifications when they get to an age where they are discovering themselves, their identity and trying to understand where they fit in this crazy world. This depiction of the female/male form is not "standard". Everyday people do not look like that, but advertising, etc, would have them think otherwise.

What I don't think Jabbahey realises is that yeah, he apparently has a "hot" wife, but she is most definitely an exception to the 'norm'. Is she a credit to what hard work and dedication can achieve, most certainly, but not everyone has the genetics, drive, capability or whatever to achieve what she has.

I, if anyone, would realize not all people have the genetics to achieve what my wife has achieved. I see it in the gym everyday. My wife is not the norm. I am her workout partner and I don't have the genetics to achieve what she has done. Despite the fact we both do similar workouts and eat in the same way. I was just pointing out that superheros are not supposed to be the norm. However, there are many people in this world who have bodies similar to that of comic characters.

I don't really care anymore what the characters look or dress like. Sideshow please give me a Rosanne Barr Version of Wonder Woman and a Alfred Hitchcock Version of Superman. Of course they couldn't be 1/4 scale or they would never fit through anyones front door. Has SS ever done a 1/32 scale?

And yes my wife is "hot" I suppose, but that term also makes her sound like she is just a trophy for me to drag around and showoff to others. She has more important qualities about her that far exceed her looks.

By the way, I can call my wife sexy if I want. But if someone else says "apprarently has a hot wife", it has the ramification of sounding sexist. Not to mention the word "apparently" insinuates that I may be a liar. But hey, you haven't called me Hitler yet.

Large breasts aren't sexual per se. Still you could create an entire argument about the way women are portrayed in media and how they are treated in society in general and you wouldnt be wrong. However, in the end what you are asking for isn't really up to sideshow as they don't control the character designs for these comic book licenses. Superheroes are idealized versions of men and women. Both wear skin tight costumes to highlight their physiques. Why are we offended by women with big breasts and not offended by men with stupidly huge upper bodies?

lol, this reminds me of a comment and reply to/from a reader to Muscle Media magazine I read years ago that had me rolling. A woman wrote in to say how she was outraged that the magazine continuously sported large breasted women on the cover to which the magazine responded that they were an equal opportunity employer opposed to discrimination :rotfl I try not to discriminate either :monkey3

Can't get mad at what can't be helped. I don't mind that many plumbers out there have large butts, however imo plumber's crack is just plain unacceptable :lecture plumber's crack = man cleavage lol

Back