FEDEX SUCKS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculptor_Geist_Oluf said:
why wont they let you pick it up? (Maybe I missed this from earlier.) In NZ they wouldn't allow me to pick my boxes up. Is it the same in Australia?
I've only had one delivery from Fedex. I missed them the first day and if I hadn't sleazed out of work on the second day, I would've had to drive two hours to the depot, to pick it up or face having it sent back.

I work out of a van, so can't have it delivered anywhere but home. Fedex seem to be uncompromising at best. Not their fault entirely. There has to be rules, but when liasing with the customer, you would think they could help themselves by listening. If I say come round next week, I will be home Wednesday afternoon. You would think that is better than them trying the next day, even when I have told them don't bother. I guess if you don't get paid to think, you loose the ability. I don't like Fedex, mainly for geographical reasons. Luckily I am able to allow for some flexibilty in my own job, or all my Fedex shipments would just end up back at the point of origin.

madden821 said:
Well, you should all be happy now...

UPS to ship all packages of $100 or less...
Sideshow has negotiated a special domestic shipping rate with UPS for all packages of $100 or less in value. This will save you a few bucks on each shipment, which is always a good thing! Both FedEx and UPS will be available to deliver packages over $100 in value. If, for some reason, you prefer to have all of your packages shipped via FedEx, please contact a Customer Service representative via our Customer Service Request form, linked below! Watch the Help Desk for more information to be posted within the next 7-10 days.

about the dang time:chew i was getting tired of receiving my packages all bent and crushed, and delivered when it is not, packaged returned to SS after one attempt of delivery to my pad. ....:maul

creecher said:
I've only had one delivery from Fedex. I missed them the first day and if I hadn't sleazed out of work on the second day, I would've had to drive two hours to the depot, to pick it up or face having it sent back.

I work out of a van, so can't have it delivered anywhere but home. Fedex seem to be uncompromising at best. Not their fault entirely. There has to be rules, but when liasing with the customer, you would think they could help themselves by listening. If I say come round next week, I will be home Wednesday afternoon. You would think that is better than them trying the next day, even when I have told them don't bother. I guess if you don't get paid to think, you loose the ability. I don't like Fedex, mainly for geographical reasons. Luckily I am able to allow for some flexibilty in my own job, or all my Fedex shipments would just end up back at the point of origin.

Hey Creecher,

Have you tried having things sent USPS Global "Express" or "Priority"? I send things occasionally to Australia and so far, so good and a lot less expensive! With the "Express" I can track several waypoints as it travels. Neither is as good for tracking as Fed Ex, but for the price it seems well worth it. "Express" comes with an automatic $100 insurance coverage included, so sometimes it is nearly the same price for "Express" as the slower "Priority" mail.

The bottom line is whether your PO will hold it until you can swing by to pick it up. You have a unique job situation. Here, state side, they hold packages for about a week before considering them abandoned. We receive three notices before they are sent back.

Thanks for your reply Oluf. Yes, anything that gets to my post office is a good thing. Post Offices are everywhere. Most convenient.

I have found that express isn't necessarily worth the money. Didn't know about the free $100 insurance before. With the 'slower' priority mail, it sometimes gets thrown in with the express, if there happens to be enough room. So you get the Express service at a lesser cost. That's why I use it. I don't mind the gamble. It makes me feel like I have received something for nothing.

I have only ever received Fedex parcels when dealing with Sideshow. I only deal direct when my other alternatives are exhausted because I am a cheap skate. Sideshow has so many things I want, not entirely your fault, but mostly :lol , that I dont want to be giving my money to courier companies and the like. Being a low income earner, I do whinge about costs alot. I feel a little embarrassed about it because I have Sideshow figures flowing out of every cupboard of the flat I rent. Makes justifying being poor ridiculous really, as it's entirely my own doing. Hang on. You have to take some of the responsibility too. :rotfl

Thanks Oluf, keep up the great work. :bow

Unfortunately more figures are becoming Sideshow exclusives - or the exclusive items are "must-haves"............ Means I end up paying $40 for the extra bit of plastic though cos of shipping from the US instead of locally.

We differ in that respect LordAzrael. Because my dealer gives me a decent discount, the difference in price between local regular and Sideshow exclusive is more like $60. Which is another fig. Two regulars for the price of one exclusive is the way to go for me.

Just heard word from Australia PO advising,as of Sep 4th, no more Economy Airmail.

Last edited:
creecher said:
We differ in that respect LordAzrael. Because my dealer gives me a decent discount, the difference in price between local regular and Sideshow exclusive is more like $60. Which is another fig. Two regulars for the price of one exclusive is the way to go for me.

Just heard word from Australia PO advising,as of Sep 4th, no more Economy Airmail.

Hmm... even if Sideshow doesn't setup an Asia Pacific warehouse - I wonder what the possibilities of using one of their distributors as a clearing house would be ?

Uh-oh - my Sith Anakin has arrived at the Herston facility but its status is also listed as "delivery exception". I have a bad feeling about this ...

Darth Scourge said:
Uh-oh - my Sith Anakin has arrived at the Herston facility but its status is also listed as "delivery exception". I have a bad feeling about this ...

I'm beginning to think the problem might be the Herston facility. FYI they are in the process of building a MUCH bigger warehouse near the airport. Hopefully this sort of stuff will end once that is on-line.

Amazingly Anakin was superquick - delivered the same day he arrived in Brisbane.

Maybe things are looking up!!!

Next test - Han Solo.

Looks like that one missed all the stop lights. Congrats Lord, enjoy the weekend.

Fedex tracking is bizarre. When D'hoffryn was being shipped
It told me that it was in Mississauga (ontario canada), then back to CA
then a couple more places then back to Mississauga. When I asked them to explain they just ignored the question.

Copy below<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="555"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td height="15">
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">Jul 27, 2006 </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 12:36 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td bgcolor="#e6e6e6">
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> In transit </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">TORONTO, ON </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> Package to be cleared by FedEx broker </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td height="15">
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 11:22 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Int'l shipment release </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">MISSISSAUGA, ON </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 11:22 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Int'l shipment release </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 11:06 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 11:06 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 6:10 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Clearance in progress </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 6:00 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> In transit </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> Package available for clearance </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e6e6e6"> <td height="15">
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">Jul 26, 2006 </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 7:10 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff">
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> At dest sort facility </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 6:23 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">INDIANAPOLIS, IN </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 4:54 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Departed FedEx location </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">MEMPHIS, TN </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 12:44 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Departed FedEx location </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 8:42 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Arrived at FedEx location </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 5:43 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Clearance in progress </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 1:10 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">Jul 25, 2006 </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 6:35 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 5:40 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">LOS ANGELES, CA </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 7:47 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Clearance delay </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 7:47 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 12:22 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Arrived at FedEx location </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">LOS ANGELES, CA </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">Jul 24, 2006 </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 7:05 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Left origin </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">CANOGA PARK, CA </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 2:45 PM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Picked up </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top">CANOGA PARK, CA </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> </td> <td class="small" align="right" valign="top"> 8:19 AM</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="small" valign="top"> <!-- only do bold for the first(latest) scan --> Package data transmitted to FedEx </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td colspan="16" height="15">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I had an order from Atlanta do that once it spent 2 days shipping from one FedEx station in Atlanta to the next.

Back