FEDEX SUCKS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculptor_Geist_Oluf said:
Has anyone ever had any problems sending things to Italy?!

Hey Oluf
I will only ship Global Express w/tracking and Insurance to Italia...

and Mexico for that matter, the USPS post office staff here in Hollywood Station (who I all know) said they steal everything there...

Yeah, I have heard Mexico is really bad. A guy at the ups store I go to told me that he had a customer send a coat to Mexico with usps that got "lost" and when he went down to mexico some time later he went to the post office and the guy working there was wearing the coat.:rotfl

I have had several USPS Global Express and Airmail Parcel Post packages return to me after a month of being in route. Then, I end up loosing the shipping costs!!! No one, that should, will take responsibility for the screw up. I just had a PF DV come back...it was shipped a MONTH ago! It cost $109.00 to ship and now I have to start over. :monkey4

I should say that I sent the DV to Italy, with tracking and insurance, but all I ever could find out was that it had been received at my post office... Unforutnately the insurance only covers a loss of the item, not hundreds of dollars in shipping. Oh, well. It will all work out in the end, but it may be a bumpy ride!

Thanks,
Oluf

I have had several USPS Global Express and Airmail Parcel Post packages return to me after a month of being in route. Then, I end up loosing the shipping costs!!! No one, that should, will take responsibility for the screw up. I just had a PF DV come back...it was shipped a MONTH ago! It cost $109.00 to ship and now I have to start over. :monkey4
I had the same thing happen to me on an ugluk statue I sent to New Zealand via air parcel. I shipped it Feb. 10 and it was returned to me on July 14th. On the package it said it arrived in New Zealand on Feb 24th, but it took nearly 5months to get back to me without any explanation why it wasn't delivered. I already had to refund the buyer because he obviously thought i scammed him since the whole deal took so long.

Some euro countries literally take 8 weeks off to vacation in the summer and with insured shipping which requires signature who knows what happens. I should also add you may wish to require confimed paypal addresses from your buyers as that's also the address their banks have on record...

You may also require your buyers to pay any added shippings costs you may incur in the event you do your part and ship as per the terms of your listing...

lcummins said:
Well, FedEx has a major hub in Memphis, which is where their corporate offices are. It used to be their only hub and all packages went through there; they now have more hubs, but a vast majority of packages still go through Memphis. It actually is economical because everything comes into one spot and can be routed back out in full loads on less planes. If you stand at the end of the runway in Memphis at about 9 or 10 at night, you can watch a FedEx plane land about 1 every minute for several hours! There is usually about 40 or more FedEx planes circling the airport waiting to land up until about 1 or 2 in the morning. :google

Hmm...that's pretty interesting. In that case, I guess it does make sense for them. Still, if you're shipping to Hawaii, wouldn't it make more sense to better equip a California hub to handle it? I mean with rising fuel costs and all.

My main issue with FedEx is the price: $US40 to Australia nearly doubles the cost of the figure (and the exchange rate ain't that great to start with).

As a comparison I got two 12" figures and a boxed set of 6" figures from Tower Records and it was less than $US15 shipping (can't remember which service they use - maybe they get lowers rates for large volumes).

Last edited:
Yeah Scourge, companies like Amazon and Tower, having huge amounts of parcels, get an enormous discount. I know with Amazon, they procure their product out of house as well. I have had two parcels come from Germany.

As I said before it doesn't have to appear logical to us. It only has to make money for them. You are never going to get a good postal service. Ours, here in Australia, was good when it was government owned and operated.Now they have shonky contractors delivering their services. Check out Sienfeld, and our posties are more like Neuman now. Just the turnover of staff, tells me they aren't being treated well. Is it any wonder they go around kicking everything in sight. It is part of the reason Sideshow chose Fedex. The service may be no better, but the tracking and insurance means they are able to cut the loses they had, using the previous mob. Sideshow are regularly reviewing their postal carrier. Be certain of that. That is a fact.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Hmm...that's pretty interesting. In that case, I guess it does make sense for them. Still, if you're shipping to Hawaii, wouldn't it make more sense to better equip a California hub to handle it? I mean with rising fuel costs and all.

They do have more hubs now. I'm not sure if they have one in CA or not. There just may not be enough packages to fill a plane from CA alone, but is when the whole country ships into Memphis... just a guess.

I just had the most incredible experience with FedEx!!I used to live in Chicago and when Sideshow used to ship their orders, it usually took about a week for me to get them.In January I moved to Calgary,Canada.On Tuesday, July 25 I got a notice from Sideshow that my first package from them (Kit Fisto & D'Hoffryn together) was coming to my new address!And guess what?...Today I received my package!!!!I was totally speachless!!!Two days to Canada!!And my package was in Memphis too:lol (it's mentioned in tracking history). I know they are not perfect, but today FedEx made me so happy!!!!It's nice they can if they want!!!:chew :chew :chew

Well, you should all be happy now...

UPS to ship all packages of $100 or less...
Sideshow has negotiated a special domestic shipping rate with UPS for all packages of $100 or less in value. This will save you a few bucks on each shipment, which is always a good thing! Both FedEx and UPS will be available to deliver packages over $100 in value. If, for some reason, you prefer to have all of your packages shipped via FedEx, please contact a Customer Service representative via our Customer Service Request form, linked below! Watch the Help Desk for more information to be posted within the next 7-10 days.

I guess nobody really reads Dusty's hard work on the newsletter. If you cared to read it, you would now know that Sideshow has switched to UPS AND is now shipping to Mexico. You can still request FedEx though. Sideshow says UPS will be cheaper. :D

(I'm just kidding about giving you guys a hard time though, just so you don't think I'm being a Jerk :D )

EDIT: Oh Madden, you beat me by seconds!

Doesn't help me. And my problem isn't the US Fedex component - they actually seem relatively efficient. They can get the box from Sideshow to Australia quicker than the Australian arm of Fedex can ship the box 1 suburb.

I have attached a map showing the distance between my workpace and the Herston facility.

When I was in NZ I shipped several packages back and forth and it only took one or two days to get the boxes to NZ from ALASKA and RI, but it often took 2 to 3 days before the locals would relinquish it. In fact one time they called and wanted a better description of the contents..."what can I say, it's a wax sculpt of an Action Figure". Reply, “No! What is really in there?!” They weren't amused. A couple of days later they finally delivered the box. Sometimes I guess the truth is harder to believe than a lie! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

At least you know where the box is!!!!

Patience young Jedi! BTW, why wont they let you pick it up? (Maybe I missed this from earlier.) In NZ they wouldn't allow me to pick my boxes up. Is it the same in Australia?

why wont they let you pick it up? (Maybe I missed this from earlier.) In NZ they wouldn't allow me to pick my boxes up. Is it the same in Australia?

They probably would - but after paying $A65 or so in shipping I want it delivered to my door dammit! ;)

More importantly I'm at work - and there is parking issues in the area (i.e. if I moved my car at lunch i probably wouldn't have a park when I came back).

Back