Fed Ex shipping to Canada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to look into this for my dad. Shipping via fed ex to him in Canada was $25.00 from ssc. He then had to pay another $24.00 in customs fees. This was for the T-600.

Another reason I am glad I live here.
:D

well. l got my hell boy 2 PF yesterday. he was shipped to me From the states. sent as gift and declared value of $230 and l paid $0 at the door. l paid no border fees or taxes. hell ya. which is weird because my last PF l got from the states l had to pay $15 and the value was even lower then this one. so l love USPS.

well it does seem to work well, the last two pieces i've only had to pay for the GST on them with no customs/duty charges.
the bill i'm looking at right now was for my Black Cat lsb and the charges were only $10.40. the normal charge for that one would've been over $20 :yess:

So I opened an account... how do you have SS enter the number? Do you just make note of it on the order somewhere?

So I opened an account... how do you have SS enter the number? Do you just make note of it on the order somewhere?

no, just call ssc and have them put it on your account. that way it will be on the shippment everytime you order something.
just tell you have a Fedex account number and that you want it on your shipping waybill so you save on brokerage and they should know what to do.:wave

I always try to ship USPS when I ship to Canada just because I have heard that there are little or no fees. The only thing that I don't like about it is once the item is in Canadian customs - the tracking number often times no longer works. I sent a PF to a Canadian a few weeks ago and I'm showing it has been in customs since the 10th and the buyer has yet to receive it. Very frustrating when you are dealing with big ticket items.

I always try to ship USPS when I ship to Canada just because I have heard that there are little or no fees. The only thing that I don't like about it is once the item is in Canadian customs - the tracking number often times no longer works. I sent a PF to a Canadian a few weeks ago and I'm showing it has been in customs since the 10th and the buyer has yet to receive it. Very frustrating when you are dealing with big ticket items.

I hear ya. I sent a $500 statue to Poland from NY. I used the 3 day delivery option. It took nearly a month to arrive because it stayed forever in customs. I thought for sure I was going to get screwed. Thankfully, the item arrived just fine but customs did open the statue box and leave their imprints everywhere. Gentle, they were not. Understanding of collectibles, not on your life.

I once had a piece opened by customs. The dude at customs put the item back in the box in the wrong position. When he forced the styrofoam back on, he crushed half the piece. Thankfully, it was insured and I received a replacement.

Just some info, I created an account with Fedex, called SS gave them my account number, and have had three items delivered, didnt pay a cent.. no duties, no taxes and no fees

Not sure if this would be the case on more expensive items

Just some info, I created an account with Fedex, called SS gave them my account number, and have had three items delivered, didnt pay a cent.. no duties, no taxes and no fees

Not sure if this would be the case on more expensive items

Do you mind if I asked what you bought? What were the costs?
I wonder if there might be fees to pay later on.

Some 1:6 th figures, invoice was over 100$ on each, and I havent been billed yet, your right it may come after, but so far nothing

Some 1:6 th figures, invoice was over 100$ on each, and I havent been billed yet, your right it may come after, but so far nothing

I'm betting you could call to find out for sure.
If you were shipped something over a month ago, chances are there's no charge as FedEx bills monthly.

if you set up an account with a credit card then most likely you'll be billed on your CC statement and receive a statement in the mail.
at least that's how it works with me.

Back