Fed Ex shipping to Canada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey fellow canucks, just stumbled onto a service that fed ex has (or maybe not a service but billing opition)

first to let you know about my shipping situation with Fed Ex.

it use to be that they would paste a shipping notice on my door (which btw is a _____ to get all the sticky sht off:monkey2) letting me know a piece has arrived, but i have to leave a cheque for them and sign the notice saying that they could leave said item at my place without a signature. so not that big of deal other than the messy door and a day or two delay in receiving my item.

now they've gone to leaving messages on my phone telling me that there is charges that have to be paid for and to call them with a method of payment (CC) and by the time i get back to them which is another day or two plus the fact the item is still being held at customs it takes upwards of a week before i receive the piece again.:monkey2

so the last time i called them i asked them if i could just leave my CC number on file so that they could just use it whenever it was necessary so as not to delay my shippments and it would be a bother to me having to call them all the time. well the rep suggested to me to set up a CC accoun with them which enables them to use my CC number each time while also saving me an additional $10.50 per shippment in charges:hi5:

now for me the $$$ savings isn't that big of deal, but the addition of getting the item faster and not having to call them everytime i recieve something just makes it that much better. so three possible small advantages for some fellow canucks if you're interested

I also remember the Fed Ex dude telling me that if I set up an account with them i'd only have to pay GST instead of their ridiculous duty charge tacked on. Is this true? Has anyone else done this?

i guess i'll find out soon since i've got sabretooth coming and wolverine cost about $25 and the spidey lsb cost just over $20 for brokerage and taxes.

$20 is alot more fair than $80. I used UPS on my most recent item ($400) and they dinged me with an $80 brokerage fee. I may use Fed Ex next time.

yeah even at it's worst fedex isn't even close to ups's gouging. i think the worst i've ever had to pay for fed ex (before ssc shanged their shipping rates, which for some reason also dropped fedex's charges :dunno) was in the $35 range.

ups, in the states anyways seems to have a much larger following and most of the sellers i've purchased off of either don't use fedex or refuse to use them for some reason.:monkey2

hey fellow canucks, just stumbled onto a service that fed ex has (or maybe not a service but billing opition)

it use to be that they would paste a shipping notice on my door (which btw is a _____ to get all the sticky sht off:monkey2) letting me know a piece has arrived, but i have to leave a cheque for them and sign the notice saying that they could leave said item at my place without a signature. so not that big of deal other than the messy door and a day or two delay in receiving my item.

now they've gone to leaving messages on my phone telling me that there is charges that have to be paid for and to call them with a method of payment (CC) and by the time i get back to them which is another day or two plus the fact the item is still being held at customs it takes upwards of a week before i receive the piece again.:monkey2

so the last time i called them i asked them if i could just leave my CC number on file so that they could just use it whenever it was necessary so as not to delay my shippments and it would be a bother to me having to call them all the time. well the rep suggested to me to set up a CC accoun with them which enables them to use my CC number each time while also saving me an additional $10.50 per shippment in charges:hi5:

now for me the $$$ savings isn't that big of deal, but the addition of getting the item faster and not having to call them everytime i recieve something just makes it that much better. so three possible small advantages for some fellow canucks if you're interested

How did you set up your account? Online, in store or with the driver?:dunno

screw Fed Ex and UPS. they are both crooks. USPS is the best method to have these figures shipped to Canada. if you are not home they leave a thing on your door handle or in your mail box, and you go and pick it up, no problem. they have cheap boarder fees unlike fed ex and ups. l only deal with usps. and having to make an account with fed ex is dumb and a waist of rime to save a few bucks. just use usps. end of story. at least for me.

How did you set up your account? Online, in store or with the driver?:dunno

you can either do it online or just call them, 1.800.463.3339
i actually had to call them as my post office box address wouldn't work online and a manager had to over ride the system for it to take my info.

screw Fed Ex and UPS. they are both crooks. USPS is the best method to have these figures shipped to Canada. if you are not home they leave a thing on your door handle or in your mail box, and you go and pick it up, no problem. they have cheap boarder fees unlike fed ex and ups. l only deal with usps. and having to make an account with fed ex is dumb and a waist of rime to save a few bucks. just use usps. end of story. at least for me.

yeah usps is my perfered choice of shipping also, but with companies like ssc it's not an option, while with other companies like Moore and Apsen they will ship by usps:dunno. so it's good to have another possibly cheaper option available if needed.

also many sellers on ebay don't use usps cause it takes quite awhile for them to ship by post as they have to actually go and stand in lineups for long periods of time to get out your parcel, while usps or fedex will come and pick it up from them.

Thanks so much for the tip Quad! :goodpost:

$20 is alot more fair than $80. I used UPS on my most recent item ($400) and they dinged me with an $80 brokerage fee. I may use Fed Ex next time.

I feel your pain...I had the same charge ($80) on the same value item ($400) :horror

I'm fairly happy with USPS too...I find their tracking isn't nearly as good. My last item didn't get a status update for 5 days! It didn't even show that the item was received...all it said was an electronic shipping notification was placed, or something like that. :cuckoo:

The additional fees are definitely the lowest :yess:...don't know about how they are with claims though...

I feel your pain...I had the same charge ($80) on the same value item ($400) :horror

It seems I learn most things the hard way. :(

So I spoke to some dude over at Fedex and in total we'd save the $10 Fedex fee? He said that you'd have to make arragements with the shipper to include your account number but also that the brokerage is just worked into the freight charge. Does anyone have any experience on how much brokerage would be added to say an $400 item?

Thanks my Canadian homies. :lol

So I spoke to some dude over at Fedex and in total we'd save the $10 Fedex fee? He said that you'd have to make arragements with the shipper to include your account number but also that the brokerage is just worked into the freight charge. Does anyone have any experience on how much brokerage would be added to say an $400 item?

yeah you're correct in that you have to contact sideshow and have them insert your account number on to their shipping wieghbill as i just received another phone message from fedex stating that i have a piece that needs to be settled for.:gah:

anyways i called them stating that the rep that set up my account told me that fedex would automatically search for my information when they received anything :slap well i should've known better, they don't and said i had to get my account number to ssc.
at least they reversed the $10.50 charge :hi5:

as for your $400 item Voor, i assume that the item i have coming from ssc is my sabertooth and the original brokerage charges were $27 and with the $10 credit should end up around $16-$17. so that's a $350 item which of the taxes alone would be $17.50 :dunno so either there is some assistance by ssc on the other end or the only thing fedex is collecting is the taxes.

but now everyone get ssc to insert your fedex account number to get the savings.

go to this website. it will give you an idea of what the fees will be for which shipping company. it is not 100% accurate but it will give you an idea. and you can see the mass difference in price between UPS and usps.
www.thefinalcost.com
l only had one pf shipped from USA to here and the fees were $15 threw usps, and that item was marked at a value of $200, which is cheap. that was for my darkness PF. my hellboy 2 PF should be here this week and l will let you know what the fees for him will be. he was marked at a value of $230, so im thinking the fees will be $20. ill let you guys know when he comes.

go to this website. it will give you an idea of what the fees will be for which shipping company. it is not 100% accurate but it will give you an idea. and you can see the mass difference in price between UPS and usps.
www.thefinalcost.com
l only had one pf shipped from USA to here and the fees were $15 threw usps, and that item was marked at a value of $200, which is cheap. that was for my darkness PF. my hellboy 2 PF should be here this week and l will let you know what the fees for him will be. he was marked at a value of $230, so im thinking the fees will be $20. ill let you guys know when he comes.

the cost of shipping by usps is the best as canada post only charges $5 for brokerage and the taxes on the converted declared value.
the nice thing about canada post is that a person probably only gets charged brokerage and taxes on about 1/2 the items i get through them.
again though may sellers refuse to ship by usps because of the inconvience compared to ups or fedex.:dunno

You guys also have to understand that some companies (Sideshow) will not offer USPS. Yes I would love to use USPS via Canada Post everytime but this is a good step for the times that USPS is not offered. I know for a fact that Sideshow will not offer USPS.

Fedex is the way to go regardless, super fast from what little experience i've had with them. Of course when I can't use USPS i'll use Fedex. UPS can kiss my grits. :lol

You guys also have to understand that some companies (Sideshow) will not offer USPS. Yes I would love to use USPS via Canada Post everytime but this is a good step for the times that USPS is not offered. I know for a fact that Sideshow will not offer USPS.

Fedex is the way to go regardless, super fast from what little experience i've had with them. Of course when I can't use USPS i'll use Fedex. UPS can kiss my grits. :lol

yea ups should be shut down because they are thieves in my opinion. l remember l sent a hot toys pred 1 to a guy in the UK. Canada Post was $75. they said should take 7 days. and UPS said it will be $200 and will get there in 5 days. well sorry an extra $125 just to get it there 2 days faster, dont think so. about 5 years ago l bought 2 books from the states small books. shipping was $20 threw ups. the books were $30. then when the driver came to the door and says l owe him $32 for fees. the damn fees were more then the books. never used UPS since then and never will. death to UPS.

That's too bad about Sideshow not using USPS. Exclusives just became pretty much unfeasible for me with that news. I mainly avoided buying direct to save myself some coin off the MSRP. But having to pony up for the full cost plus UPS/fedex charges is brutal- the EX would have to be amazing. Please stick to prints sideshow :pray::lol

Back