Favourite horror film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I completely disagree. I think BWP turned it up to eleven in the last 5 minutes of the movie, starting when heather found the house.

Yea, while 95% of the movie was very weak, the last shot of the guy in the corner was awesome.

I think the sequel is far superior and is underrated.

I wouldn't consider Jaws horror either, but oddly enough it was the scariest movie I've ever seen, but here's why...

The first time I ever saw this film was at a White Water amusement park. Every Saturday night during the summer they'd have a huge drive in screen at the end of their huge wavepool. The wavepool was essentially a simulated ocean pool. My parents decided they'd take me and my brothers to go see Jaws. So everyone gets a life vest and an inner tube and we just floated out in the middle of a pitch black simulated ocean watching Jaws on a screen the size of an Imax picture. Truly one of the most horrifying movies of my life.

JAWS to me was freaking HORRIFYING :horror So in my opinion it falls in the HORROR section without a doubt. I mean where else would you categorize it? "Frightening Adventure" :D

Jaws is a horror movie....

Aliens isnt. Its an action thriller.

For me, my all time favorite horror film has got to be Alien.

I don't have a top favourite but here are some favourites in no order

halloween ( original )
The shining
Alien
The wicker man ( original ) not the awful remake
Jaws - One of the top movies in so many other categories
a Nightmare on elm street
the Thing

Wow, I completely disagree. I think BWP turned it up to eleven in the last 5 minutes of the movie, starting when heather found the house.

The Blair Witch Project was really scary, and that house was just terrifying. Camping in the woods was a no no for at least a couple of years after I saw it
scared0011.gif

The Blair Witch Project was really scary, and that house was just terrifying. Camping in the woods was a no no for at least a couple of years after I saw it
scared0011.gif

you know , I really want to get scared from the blair witch but I just can't.
It actually irritates me !. :rotfl:monkey1
I never thought the people could act and the the nasty runny nose scene makes me burst with laughter. :lol:lol

Sorry. :monkey3

BTW: Where do you keep getting all those awesome gifs ! :rock:lol

The ones that scared the piss out of me the most:

Salems Lot
Fantasm
The Shining
Pet Cemetary
Blair Witch Project

Others I really like are not so scary as they are quirky -

Cemetary Man
Saturday the 14th
Night of the Creeps
House 1 and II
Waxworks 1-II
Woman in White
Fall of the house of Usher
The Raven
Shaun of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
Pulse
The Grudge
The Ring 1
The Eye
Nosferatu
Mark of the Vampire
Blacula (yes, Blacula)

you know , I really want to get scared from the blair witch but I just can't.
It actually irritates me !. :rotfl:monkey1
I never thought the people could act and the the nasty runny nose scene makes me burst with laughter. :lol:lol

Sorry. :monkey3

BTW: Where do you keep getting all those awesome gifs ! :rock:lol

No need to be sorry we all have our own tastes, I've got miles of woodland near my house so me and my mates would camp out and get wasted most weekends so that film had more of an effect on me at that time
free-scared-smileys-366.gif

If you Google forum smileys there's loads of smiley websites, I just found the best ones and bookmarked them into their own folder, plus I uploaded thousands into my Photo Bucket account.

Last edited:
That's a very strong list. I would probably have the same movies, in different order, in my top ten as well. My only substitutions would be Black Christmas and Texas Chainsaw for Jaws and Werewolf in London. Jaws is my overall second favorite movie of all time, I just really don't think it is horror.

I love both of those films also. They just don't have that certain something that al the other films have. And JAWS is a horror film:)

I was going to mention lady in white... I would consider that more of a suspence/thriller than a horror film though.

Back