Favorite Superhero Movie of Summer 2012? (don't vote till you've seen em all please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you enjoy most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"My movie is better than your movie" :chase :medic

britney_alone_88u3_Who_is_the_most_emotional_Girls_or_guys-s300x218-83182-580.jpg

NO. YOU! :stick

TDKR need not be the best in the Dark Knight Trilogy to surpass Avengers.

Avengers was great. Possibly the best pure comic book movie ever made. Nolan's trilogy is just a cut above comic book movies -- it takes comic book content outside of a comic book movie. Kinda the same way Miller's Dark Knight Returns was a cut above a standard comic book. Better actors (you can't seriously tell me you think Hemsworth, Evans, Ruffalo and RDJ are near the talent of Bale, Caine, Oldman, Hardy, etc.). Better writing. More depth. Perhaps it takes itself too seriously ... but there is just more there to take too seriously.

There is a reason people are saying that if TDKR doesn't win an Oscar, no comic book movie will. I don't think anyone said that about Avengers.

Agreed on ASM. Not even a close call.

SnakeDoc

Agree with every word. But i've not seen ASM yet. :lol

Says the dude with Batman sig and avy. :monkey1

Avengers is better than all the other Batman movies -- and all the Superman movies, Spider-man movies, etc. Not sure what else to tell ya. It just ain't better than the three Nolan movies.

Ooooooooooooh, that makes all the difference. Then we'll just ignore the fact that he's been fanboygasming for TDKR since before it was announced and drama queening every negative comment about it. :lol

Pretty sure that's not true. Also pretty sure "drama queen" isn't a verb ... and that I've never been mistaken for one.

SnakeDoc

Not so sure. Avengers fits Best Picture the same way Gladiator did when it won. While not the "best movie" of the year, Gladiator was by far the most entertaining.

Eh. I still think Gladiator is more Oscar-esque than these superhero popcorn flicks.

Now, if they handed out Oscars for Most Enjoyable, Crowd-Pleasing film...

TDKR need not be the best in the Dark Knight Trilogy to surpass Avengers.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It not only had to be better than TDK to be better than The Avengers it had to be leaps and bounds better to get there. For me personally The Avengers

Avengers was great. Possibly the best pure comic book movie ever made. Nolan's trilogy is just a cut above comic book movies -- it takes comic book content outside of a comic book movie. Kinda the same way Miller's Dark Knight Returns was a cut above a standard comic book. Better actors (you can't seriously tell me you think Hemsworth, Evans, Ruffalo and RDJ are near the talent of Bale, Caine, Oldman, Hardy, etc.). Better writing. More depth. Perhaps it takes itself too seriously ... but there is just more there to take too seriously.

The Avengers was great I agree. Its not only a fantastic comic-book movie its a fantastic movie. Nolan's Batman films are comic-book movies that try to be something else when they shouldn't try that hard (evident by the fact he skipped Comic-Con with all three). They're good movies and I enjoy them but they're not life changing. I agree all those guys from Batman are solid actors and I enjoy their talent. Hemsworth is young in his career so who knows where he will go. Evans & Ruffalo are alright they're not great but they were awesome in their respective Marvel films. RDJ is a fantastic actor equal or better to anyone in the Batman series. Plus he seems to love doing this thing as I've seen first hand at Comic-Con. Honestly, Bale seems like a ____ from everything we've seen.

There is a reason people are saying that if TDKR doesn't win an Oscar, no comic book movie will. I don't think anyone said that about Avengers.

If TDKR wins any oscars it must mean that there was a down year in those categories. I didn't see anything in that movie that makes me think Oscar.

Eh. I still think Gladiator is more Oscar-esque than these superhero popcorn flicks.

Now, if they handed out Oscars for Most Enjoyable, Crowd-Pleasing film...

Only in the sense of its grand "historic" scale. But if you modernized that aspect, you'd essentially have Avengers.

Only in the sense of its grand "historic" scale. But if you modernized that aspect, you'd essentially have Avengers.

Not really

Noone had the performance of Crowe, the score was not even in the same playing field, the story had immense emotional weight in Gladiator and not so in Avengers, Gladiator didn't have any lame-o Alien equivalents either

:dunno

Seen
Avengers 3 times in 2 imax 1 normal
Amazing Spiderman 2 times in imax
The Dark Knight Rises 2 times in imax and will go back for 3 and maybe 4 this weekend

My rank
The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
The Amazing Spiderman

Not really

Noone had the performance of Crowe, the score was not even in the same playing field, the story had immense emotional weight in Gladiator and not so in Avengers, Gladiator didn't have any lame-o Alien equivalents either

:dunno

:lol Honestly, I didn't think any of the performances in Gladiator were all that remarkable. But overall, the film was highly entertaining in the vein of the oldschool classics. Avengers fits that mold.

I voted Avengers... I think Rises is a better film but it was special to see Cap, Thor, Ironman and the Hulk all on sceen together, so for me that would qualify as "Favorite"...

Back