Favorite Sci Fi Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In no particular order of preference...

1. Blade Runner
2. Alien
3. Robocop
4. Star Wars: A New Hope
5. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
6. Terminator
7. Terminator 2
8. Predator
9. Ghost in the Shell
10. The Matrix

tumblr_nyj3cb530R1rxgprso1_500.jpg

...is probably my favorite. Followed by the usual suspects around here. I'll also throw in Minority Report.

Revenge of the Sith
Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Return of the Jedi
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Inception
The Martian
Captain America: The First Avenger
Wall-E
Monsters Inc.

If we are counting these.....

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
All Harry Potter

seriously....somebody ought to spell out what SCI-FI actually is.

before it gets more embarrassing.

:lol

That is why I said "if we are counting these."

I agree that Batman, Spider-Man, HP aren't sci-fi movies. Just put on em the list since others did. :dunno

I'll tell you now, four movies on your list aren't sci-fi :lol.

I saw some of them on Clown Prince's list, so that's why I put them. Scratch those four off, and the remaining are my favorite sci-fi movies. I'm not a fan of stuff like time-travel and space travel, so my options kind of limited! I don't even care for the space stuff in Star Wars. I just really like Darth Vader. :lol

I absolutely love the Twilight Zone though! That's sci-fi, right? Or is it fantasy? Dang it! The crime genre is so much easier!

seriously....somebody ought to spell out what SCI-FI actually is.

before it gets more embarrassing.

:lol

Yeah, sorry, I really don't understand the difference between sci-fi and fantasy anymore. I looked online and others put the Nolan Batman movies because of stuff like Two-face and the gadgets, but maybe that's fantasy.

I'd say that Batman is more of an alternate-reality take on the real world. The key take-away is: the gadgets that Batman used in the Nolan movies were in the realm of possibility. I'm positive that DARPA could've developed a Tumbler and a Batpod if they had the money for it :lol. In general, Sci-fi movies tend to show futuristic technologies that are based on unproven, or fairy-tale science - e.g. light speed travel in Star Wars, dark matter drives in Star Trek, etc.

But, most importantly, all of the noteworthy Sci-fi films - where there's no debate of the genre - have either allowed us to contemplate about our own future as a species, or to question the fabric of reality (or both).

Last edited:
Thanks Solidus! I really appreciate your help! I haven't seen Star Trek, but I always thought it was sci-fi whereas Star Wars was fantasy. Based on your criteria, I assume I was right in thinking Twilight Zone is science fiction (even though it uses fantasy).

I guess my list is:

1. Planet of the Apes (In the similar vain to folks that say Incredibles is the best Fantastic Four movie ever made, I think this is the best Twilight Zone movie ever made)

2. Wall-e

3. District 9

It's pretty short. :lol If anyone makes a favorite crime and psychological thriller thread, I can list a lot of those! Those are my favorite genres!

Yeah, sorry, I really don't understand the difference between sci-fi and fantasy anymore. I looked online and others put the Nolan Batman movies because of stuff like Two-face and the gadgets, but maybe that's fantasy.

nah, i just had to say something coz somebody slipped in harry potter as sci-fi.:lol

1. I tho this thread was about movies

Yep. That's why everyone's list consists of them. :doh

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
All Harry Potter

9162-triple-facepalm_f-jpg.5765

If we're really splitting hairs, then the Spider-Man films could most accurately be called science fantasy.
But if so, then all Star Wars films are science fantasy as well . . . which is just nitpicky fanboy stupid.

But the No-Bats films aren't really science fiction. Crime or thriller fiction, perhaps.
Spidey could be called science fiction because the nature of his origin and the origins of his rogue's gallery all involve "science gone wrong."

And Harry farking Potter? :lol
Not science fiction movies, by several million light years.
They are most accurately described as children's movies.
Prepubescent children.

I agree that Batman, Spider-Man, HP aren't sci-fi movies. Just put on em the list since others did.

seanpenn.jpg

fsbkh.gif

_

I do not have ALIEN, John Carpenter's The Thing, or The Fly Remake on here as they are more Horror movies then Sci Fi films to me. No comic films either as they have become their own Genre.

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Aliens
4. The Terminator
5. Return of the Jedi
6.Star Trek 2: the Wrath of Khan
7. Jurassic Park and The Lost World
8. Predator
9. A Clockwork Orange
10. T2
11. The Matrix
12. Tron Legacy
13. Blade Runner
14. Robocop
15. Scanners
16. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
17. Planet of the Apes original and both of the two new ones.

Last edited:
Mmm... tough choice.
Not to mention I haven't seen many sf films of the past.
Ah, whatever.

__

Gojira
Planet of the Apes
From Beyond
Gojira vs. Biorante
Screamers
Gattaca
Mimic
Bicentennial Man
Frank Herbert's Dune (I don't care about the "three-part miniseries" part, love it)

hey Riddick.... No Riddick :)

Come on folks, no love for Buckaroo Banzai!?

It's on my list (ninth post).

Which is NOT a copypasta from the web. (The dates are from memory so sue me if wrong.:pfft:)

How is Big Trouble In Little China science fiction?
Is a six demon bag a genetically engineered super-serum now? Was Lo-Pan a cyborg? :lol

Surprised there was no "Battlefield Earth" in anyone's list... yet.

I'd sooner add Hooper's Lifeforce to my list.
(Strictly for Mathilda May in her birthday suit.)

:pow
__

Back