Favorite Rocky Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Conceptually 5 was a great idea, dealing with someone who went from absolutely nothing to having excess and then losing it all and being humbled. It's just the way it played out that struggled, but Balboa took that concept and exectued it very well.

Conceptually 5 was a great idea, dealing with someone who went from absolutely nothing to having excess and then losing it all and being humbled. It's just the way it played out that struggled, but Balboa took that concept and exectued it very well.

I heard the film was pretty good with the original score. The rap tone they went with further ruined it. I think I've maybe watched Rocky V 2-3 times whereas I've seen part 1 plenty of times :D

I'm still a believer that part one is no contest to its sequels. Part 6 comes close though.

I see part 1 and 2 as one long movie.

3 and 4 were 80's rocky themed action flicks (and still good)

5 was Jar jar binks, and 6 was a return to the beginning. (best they could)

There's life lessons in all of them though.

I like them all... I just feel Rocky is head and shoulders above the rest.

Yep. In most cases the original is the best.

I don't even acknowledge 5 as canon. :lol

Same here. :lol

3 and 4 were 80's rocky themed action flicks (and still good)

5 was Jar jar binks, and 6 was a return to the beginning. (best they could)

There's life lessons in all of them though.

:goodpost:

5 was jar jar binks hehehe nice:)

5 was so sh**t but that "mickey loves ya" clip brought a tear to my eye.
Love burgess meredith, such a class act:)
Hated rocky's son in that film with all the naff "go for it" toss and the mad shakey camera effects.
Was like the boy was on speed or a sugar rush like beavis:)
Balboa was a class film and loved the way he brought lil marie back and the fights were much more realistic.
Fav is still gunna be the first film, as it is the seed that the rest sprung from.
Don't think any sequel can top the first inital idea.
Ghostbusters, rocky, superman, star wars, jaws, all great films and the sequels, some good, some bad, are never gunna top the original in my eyes.
Loved that location vid.
Would love to visit those places sometime whilst listining to that track.
Put it on a cd, with mellow music like kool and the gang's "summer madness" when my son was born to chill the fella out.
Didn't work he's as mad as slys sun in rocky 5:)

I don't even acknowledge 5 as canon. :lol

Neither does Rocky 6 since the brain damage that would prevent a young, healthy Balboa from getting a fighting license was moot for the 60 year old man :lol

Agreed, while the first was planned to be a solo film, they flow together very well and have a pretty solid story arc for the charcter as well. I also believe, 1, 2 and 6 could work as a solid trilogy, 3-5 become almost single moments in his life, but they don't connect any grand growth of his character like 1, 2 and 6 do, and not just Rocky, even Paulie grows a lot through 1, 2 and 6, where in 3-5 he's just comic relief.

Rocky was the best all around movie, and a great story, which is why it won the Oscar. Rocky III was the most entertaining.

Like this one too.

[ame]https://youtu.be/8HoQhelTRLU[/ame]

But this one is better!

[ame]https://youtu.be/6nDc5Si3z18[/ame]

Look, i like every single one for different reasons.

1&2 being the best. But let me tell ya they're all good, even 5, look at this gem from 5 (the worst one)

https://youtu.be/gmbfZT_mCSI

Just watched that and I agree, 5 is total crap but this part is one of the best part of all the movies and really brings home the whole series.. An unknown nobody getting his shot in life, with support from someone that believes in him.. Great, great clip..!!

As much as I like the first, it's just too old looking for me. The 70s look in that film looks dire.

Rocky IV had an awesome soundtrack.

Too true.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ[/ame]

Oh don't get me wrong, I too can't stomach part V either :lol

Old post yeah but since this has been bumped… I loved the ending though. That 90s feels at the art museum was lovely.

Talia Shire really started to look stunning from Rocky 3.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLbASoecyc[/ame]

ty4o.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for that.

Nice music too.

Last edited:
The first one by far. It wasn't so much about boxing alone, as it was about a struggle to just to be something more than "another bum from the neighborhood." It was also a love story. Rocky has always had a place in my heart, from me living in Philadelphia. I've seen the Rocky statue a bunch of times, after they moved it >_>

Each have their moments but nothing beats the first one. The worst were for me 5 and 4. I do not hate any of the 6 rocky films. Again each have their beautiful and great moments

Last edited:
Back