Favorite Rocky Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think as you get older you learn to appreciate the first Rocky movie more and more, such a great film just on its own.

Growing up as a child it was all about Rocky III and IV then sometimes II but, i could watch all three Rambo movies during those years and be entertained, hell even Over the Top. XD

I voted Rocky Balboa. Rocky is a classic film and a great movie, but for me, Rocky Balboa took everything Sly got right with Rocky, and the awesome fight elements of 3 and 4 and combined them all with his aged wisdom into one super movie full of a lot of heart, a lot of character development and growth, paid off with an amazing fight.

I love the whole series, but you could also easily make a trilogy out of 1, 2 and 6, they all tie together, 3-5 really have little bearing on where things end up in 6, you could have 6 start off where it does without seeing the events of 5.

Out of the whole series, my favorite action fight is Rocky 4, but my favorite emotional fight is a tie between 2 and 6, I just feel like Sly really hit his stride with those two fights and how to not only entertain you with the punches but draw you in with the struggles Rocky goes through internally and externally. I love in the Rocky Balboa fight when he almost gets knocked out then gets back up and waves his gloves at Dixon like "bring it" and then just goes off on him.

What I love most about the Rocky character is what he stands for, how he's a symbol for when life metaphorically or literally kicks your ***, you have to get up and keep fighting for what you're after.

And I don't care if it's cliche, my absolute most favorite moment in the whole series is "Yo Adrian, I did it!" To this day I still cry every time he gives that speech at the end of 2. Say what you want about Stallone's acting/writing/directing, the man knows how to get you invested in a character and tug at the heart strings, and this moment personifies that most of all for me.

While Rambo is my absolute favoirte character of all, Rocky is my biggest inspiration in life, and I'm so grateful to Sly for creating the character and take him to all the places he did.

Rocky is America...everybodys gotta a shot here...some better then others but in the USA everybodys got at least one shot at something better

One is perfection. Not only the best Rocky movie, for me its one of the best films ever made.

Rocky is by far the best movie of the saga.Rocky IV however,is a favourite of mine along with Rocky because it is good in it's own way.

Rocky is a great film
Rocky IV fires me up like no other movie have been able to do,EVER!

I cant bring myself to vote

Im torn between rocky and rocky 2. But i dont want to vote for 1 or another because it will feel like im cheating. My favorite fight and training montage is Rocky 4 but thats for the cheese factor. 1&2 are the ones with meaty stories

Can't fathom that any of the films other than Rocky even got a vote.... I voted Rocky, obviously.

Why is that? they're all good, except V. The original is definitely the best movie, but that doesn't stop III from being my favorite.

When I was a kid Rocky III was my favorite. But now it depends on my mood. Rocky is a great movie but I think Rocky Balboa moved me the most.

Back