Favorite Predator Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Predator Films

• Predator

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Predator 2

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Predator 2 (1990) lacked the suspense of the original film but did fairly well at the action although Stephen Hopkins is no match for John McTiernan. The characters in P2 also were pretty much just as memorable in Predator (1987) in that we cared for them - except maybe Agent Keyes.

P1 was a suspense-action-thriller whereas P2 was more a straight action movie - it had a more comic-book and fantastical feel to it.

Garber (Adam Baldwin) would really have fit into AvP (2004) quite well I always thought as he's seen at the end of P2 and we're left to assume he'll carry on searching for future Predators. I always thought Hopkins would have been a good realistic choice for directing AvP as his comic-book tone set in P2 was very appropriate for AvP.

As far as marketing goes, in P1, Schwarzenegger was the star. In P2 the Predator itself was the star - that is why Danny Glover is not on the poster nor does he get (top) billing. Still want a Hot Toys Lt. Mike Harrigan though. Hope, hope.

Last edited:
Both, though I do confess that I like P2 more because it treats the Predator more like a character and doesn't side-line it like P1 did.

Gotta be Predator! Cant wait to get it on blu ray next month! U.K release 12/05/08! Same day as AVPR :chew :banana

Back