Favorite/ Least Favorite SF character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegabond

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Okay i found a similar post on another forum. What is your favorite street fighter character? what is your least favorite? and who would you like to see come back in the future?

Faves, either Ryu or Blanka. I just like the fact that their characters are pure fighter to the bone, no cheesy commentary or flashy outfits... in Ryu's case just a plain old stoic kick-ass fighter.

I haven't played enough of the games, but I know there are some really stupid characters that are just dripping with sarcasm and/or unnecessary flamboyancy. Those are my least favourite.

The shadaloo kings and Seth. My main and alt are Bison and seth respectively and I dabble in Sagat, Vega and Balrog.

Up next is Gen, Viper, Abel, Gouken, Dhalsim, and Akuma, in that order. Gen and Viper are execution heavy characters that require a lot of training to win with. Much respect to all those who main them.

Abel is one of my favorite new cast members. A really solid, well balanced character with enough weaknesses to balance his ridiculous rushdown.

Gouken in the right hands is amazing, fantastic juggle setups and requires solid spacing and good reading of the opponent and this yields huge damage and high stun.

Dhalsim is another character that requires excellent spacing, mindgames, and proper utilization of all of this toolset to win.

Akuma is awesome just because he's the only shoto character in 4 that I really really respect. The guy's mixups are insane and he has a great vortex but all of this is balanced with a glass jaw. he doesn't have anything cheesy like FADC ultra and relies on mixing the opponent up and keeping the pressure on. also execution heavy. mad respect.

In 4 I pretty much like any character that has significant weaknesses to make up for a solid toolset, is execution/spacing/mindgame heavy. Ryu has to work hard to win but he's TOO well rounded imo. He lacks enough weaknesses to really get the respect that someone like Gen or Viper deserves.

I'm speaking strictly of SF4, but in ST or CE, Bison and no one else. TOD FTW.

Favorite character is Cammy.. not just favorite - I LOVE HER! :)

633628432249532266-cammy.jpg

Least favorite character is Dan..

I'd like Balrog (boxer) to have a comeback as a heavily-marketed character (used more in posters, website pages, etc.)..

I hope Deejay turns out good. Really wished they would put in Karin and R.Mika instead of Cody and Guy. Coulda been some funny ties to Gief and Sakura. I just find those Final Fight dudes to be lame. No offense to the Guy fans.

I hope Deejay turns out good. Really wished they would put in Karin and R.Mika instead of Cody and Guy. Coulda been some funny ties to Gief and Sakura. I just find those Final Fight dudes to be lame. No offense to the Guy fans.

My bro and I wanted Alex from SF3 in, but if u add him or the two you mentioned, that'd be way too many grapplers with Zangeif, Able, and now T. Hawk in the game.

Since the beginning Ryu was my favorite, though I was a bigger Final Fight fan as a kid. So, if you mean as a video game character generally, and not as an "SF character" specifically, then it would be Cody. Vega is also a favorite because he is the coolest looking.

Least favorite is probably Balrog (useless), though I could never stand playing as E. Honda or Dhalsim.

Dhalsim. Always. Duh, long range attacks. Come any closer then I just use the ol' trusty Yoga flame or teleport to other side!:D

Least favourite is Fei Long. No, wait! Guile a.k.a. Jean Claude frickin' Van Damme..........*shudders*

nice. someone agrees. im just not a fan of the overly flamboyant stereotyped characters either. like el fuerte and rufus in sf4. in the first street fighters i hated zangief, t.hawk and honda for those reasons but i think they toned em down a lot. also characters that are blatent copies of real people are kinda dumb and unimaginative, like fei bruce lee long, and mike tyson as balrog.
i really hope alex comes back.
akuma is the only reason i ever beat these games.
and i think you can guess my favorite. playing with vega is just fun, he has huge weekness and offense, the only sf 4 character with a sweet weapon making his fighting style unique, and he is so fast! =badass.

Last edited:
Dan is my favorite.

My least favorite is Akuma. Not the character himself, but a lot of people try to play him very cheaply online. I like to piss them off by destroying them with Dan.

My favourite character is Vega but growing up playing SF2 it was always Chun Li! I do love Crimson Viper too though.

Back