Favorite Christmas Movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Top 5:

1. It's A Wonderful Life
2. A Christmas Carol (1951)
3. Christmas Vacation
4. A Christmas Story
5. White Christmas

ELF

Elf_poster.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Besides A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life, The Homecoming is one of my favorites.

The Santa ClausE is a pretty good one. These are two of my other favorites:

scrooged.jpg

nightmare_before_christmas.jpg

The new Christmas Carol with Jim Carey was pretty good too.

I've never even heard of that!! What's it about?:monkey1

Here's the Amazon description:

A true television classic, The Homecoming was the second movie (after 1963's Spencer's Mountain) based on Earl Hamner's autobiographical writings about love, pride, faith, and survival in rural America during the Great Depression. The Homecoming introduced the Walton family, a 1930s mountain clan living a hardscrabble existence that forces patriarch John Walton (Andrew Duggan) to seek work, far from home, in the city. When John fails to return home, as promised, on Christmas Eve, his iron-willed wife Olivia (Patricia Neal) keeps a lid on their children's worry. Oldest son John-Boy (Richard Thomas), who privately dreams of becoming a writer but worries about disappointing his parents, is dispatched to find his dad. Graceful yet harder-edged than the subsequent TV series The Waltons (which recast several characters and ran for nine years), The Homecoming reveals, albeit understatedly, much about the pain of poverty even as the family draws strength and closeness through endurance. --Tom Keogh

It's never shown on television anymore but you can pick up the DVD cheap.

I just thought of one I do like - The Family Stone. Not the typical Christmas movie, I don't think, but still good.

Black Christmas the Original
Silent Night Deadly Night
and some movie with a little kid and a bb gun I forgot the name of the movie

Any Rankin/Bass stop-motion animation. Rudolf is king, but Santa Claus is Comin' to Town is epic, and there are others that equalled the creativity of the earliest. Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, The Leprechauns' Christmas Gold, and The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus are amazing.

Back