Favorite Christmas Movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Die Hard (always watch this late at night on Christmas Eve so it takes us into Christmas Day)
2. Home Alone
3. Elf

Bonus points to Christmas Vacation.

My exact same order as well.
Sometimes I'd bust out the MST3K version of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians though.

the-santa-clause-poster-courtesy-walt-disney-pictures.jpg

Still mine

So many great ones; it's really difficult to choose. I'll say this, though. My Christmas line-up always contains one reading of Batman: Noël, and a viewing of Christmas with the Joker.:lecture

Home Alone 1 & 2
Die Hard
Gremlins
Jingle All The Way
It's A Wonderful Life
Polar Express
Bad Santa

I will watch all over the above in the next couple of weeks

Mine come into 2 categories, traditional and the rest.

Traditional
Miracle on 34th Street
Wizard of Oz (its on every xmas)
Home Alone 1 & 2
Jingle All The Way

The Rest
Die Hard
Gremlins
A Midnight Clear

A Christmas Story
Bad Santa

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is watched at least once.

That is all.

And her word is law. :cool:

I watch as many Rankin/Bass Christmas specials as is humanly possible. I wish The Leprechaun's Christmas Gold would find its way to dvd.

If we're talking Christmas specials too, I'd like to add The Garfield Christmas Special. I fondly remember watching it every year as a very young kid and being really disappointed when they stopped showing it. Thankfully, I found it on dvd.

I don't really watch Christmas movies. If it doesn't have cell or stop motion animation, I'm out. Jen corrupted me with Bad Santa, and I will always sit down for It's A Wonderful Life, so there are exceptions.

I remember liking the Garfield special, and that I preferred it over Charlie Brown, but it's really foggy. I will have to look it up.

I don't really watch Christmas movies. If it doesn't have cell or stop motion animation, I'm out. Jen corrupted me with Bad Santa, and I will always sit down for It's A Wonderful Life, so there are exceptions.

I remember liking the Garfield special, and that I preferred it over Charlie Brown, but it's really foggy. I will have to look it up.

Garfield Christmas special is great. It's a bit corny, but also heartwarming at times. The scene with the grandma in the rocking chair stands out. I still remember the opening scene with the gift that keeps on giving machine.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Af-C2bhGHqo[/ame]

I like Christmas movies, but I don't end up watching many whenever Christmas rolls around each year.

That old Christmas Carol movie is really my favorite, though. Alastair Sim was great at playing a total bastard as well as the transformed and repentant Scrooge. It warms my cold heart whenever I get the chance to watch it. I haven't watched it in a couple of years, but I'm going to try to make the time this year. It's also on youtube.

I don't have a favourite, but I have a bunch of movies I like to watch every year around Christmas time.

Black Christmas (original), I discovered this late one night about 15 years ago when it was on tv around Christmas time. I'd never heard of it but it sounded good. It immediately became one of my favourite horror movies and still is to this day. It's also a traditional Christmas movie for me, if a rather unconventional one.

Batman returns, as a kid I couldn't wait to see this and was just slightly too young to get into the cinema to see it, so my parents were buying me the VHS for Christmas. One of the most exciting presents I've ever got. Haha. Still watch it every year and is one of my favourite batman movies, probably for that reason.

How the grinch stole Christmas, the original cartoon, not the movie, this I'd just brilliant and I often put it on while I'm wrapping presents. Absolutely love it.

Scrooged, bill Murray is just fantastic, love very second of this movie. Though as a kid some bits creeped me out.

Muppets Christmas carol, love, LOVE this interpretation. And Michael Caine, awesome.

Nightmare before Christmas, another one I've loved since my childhood. Never tire of watching this.

Home alone 1 and 2. Pretty self explanatory I'm sure. Who doesn't love these.

Jingle all the way, not quite up there with my other choices but my girlfriend loves it and I've got more of an appreciation for it lately. So we'll be given that a watch too.

Also will watch the tales from the crypt episode "and all through the house" and maybe the movie silent night deadly night. And I'm gonna scroll through this thread and see if I find any other hidden gems.

Rant over. Lol. Sorry about that. :)

That old Christmas Carol movie is really my favorite, though. Alastair Sim was great at playing a total bastard as well as the transformed and repentant Scrooge. It warms my cold heart whenever I get the chance to watch it. I haven't watched it in a couple of years, but I'm going to try to make the time this year. It's also on youtube.

I've never seen the Sim version. Just Finney and Scott. It's the only Dickens story I enjoy so I'll have to.

My favorites in no particular order:

- A Christmas Story

- Christmas Vacation

- Lethal Weapon (It takes place at Christmas-time , so it counts :lol)

- A Christmas Carol w/George C. Scott (1984)

I like Batman Returns since it takes place at Christmas time. Other than that, I haven't seen a ton of Christmas movies for whatever reason.

Back