Favoirte Film of 2008!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright... here we go again. We have done this the past two years and people can't help but to list more than one film.

We had some great films of '08 such as: The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hulk, Appaloosa, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Milk, Benjamin Button, Quantum of Solace, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Mama Mia, and more.

Please do your best to list only one film for your favorite film of 2008. But I have my doubts that many can do that... :)

Giant Chicken's favorite film of 2008 = Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Until i get to see stuff like Gran Torino, Changeling, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Milk, The Wrestler, Doubt, Frost/Nixon and Slumdog Millionaire, it is a 3-way tie betwen Wall-E, Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Last edited:
I liked a lot of movies that came out this year and still have a pretty long list of others that I need to see - but for now one of my favorites is Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. makes me laugh so hard.

Iron Man, I guess. That's the one I had the most fun at. Nothing really blew me away this year though.

It was a good year for big budget action popcorn flicks, but very few actually quality movies. sadly there was no 'No Country For Old Men' and 'The Road' got pushed to next year. Off the top of my head I'd pick Benjamin Button. Haven't seen The Wrestler yet, but it looks great.

edit: Burn After Reading was fun too.

Last edited:
Iron Man, TDK, KOTCS, Wall-E, Clone Wars, The Mummy, Hellboy 2 are all on my tops list.

looking at this list, yup, hardly anything but action flicks in 08.

The Dark Knight. Other mentions.

Iron Man
Wanted (screw you Woff! It was fun!)
Hellboy 2
Tropic Thunder
Pinapple Express
Indy

I have yet to see Wall-E....but I will.

Tie! It's the Dark Knight and Wall-E. In my opinion both of these films should be nominated in the Best Picture category along with Slumdog Millionaire, Milk, Frost/Nixon, Wrestler, etc.
Of course I haven't see any of the latter four, so I can't assume anything. :)

Dark Knight is probably the best movie of the decade...certainly the best of '08, though in my opinion this was the best year for movies in some time.

2nd place Indiana Jones and the KOTCS. I love this film and don't care what any of you say. So there :chase

:lol

Eh, screw 'em. That movie gets better every time I watch it. I'm proud to own a fitting and worthy 4th installment to the wonderful Indy franchise.:whip

I love KOTCS. It rocks. Its not perfect, and its my least favorite of the series, but its quite fun.

Back