Faux Bronze JP Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the actual dio and have absolutely no interest in this.

Faux Bronze is the biggest charade going right now. I simply don't understand why some care for these at all. I guess it must just be the small ES.

:huh

yeah..this was still available when I saw it...who gives a shat seriously.:lol

I have the actual dio and have absolutely no interest in this.

Faux Bronze is the biggest charade going right now. I simply don't understand why some care for these at all. I guess it must just be the small ES.

:huh

Have to say I agree. I can see why this has appeal to some, but I think it's compromising too much of the possibility in a piece to mute it with this type of format. As much as I love JP, I just paid enough to have my exclusive dio repainted. Pass on the faux bronze.

STILL not sold out. I cancelled mine, the Low ES was at 15, now back to 20.

Sideshow, please take the hint. Enough of the crappy Faux Bronze crap. If you're going to FB it, at least give it a little bit of a color scheme...

Like it a lot, ordered.

(I was out partying until 4.30 AM yesterday, so thanks for disliking this piece so much that it stayed available for this long.)

Not looking to resell this or anything, and since this is probably going to be the only JP piece ever, I might as well get it in bronze -- the sculpt and the scene are certainly iconic enough. Plus, the one thing that always bothered me with the regular paint scheme was the huge title logo on the base. Very in your face, very distracting. This way, it all looks so much more elegant.

So yeah, one happy customer here...

+1 with Seretur

Look very good in Bronze.
I prefer this version by far than the first one painted.

50ex that a good ES too.
(a good garantie than we will not find it cheaper in second market)

Ordered

The bronze shows off the sculpt 10x better than the "painted" one. It should have been released in this format.

Easy pass, the bronze look is just looks fake and tacky, Stick with the coloured version which shows more detail and you know more time has gone into painting it.

Meh. I'd say it's more that the poor paintjob distracted more from the sculpt than the fact that the bronze augments anything. It's sacrificing color for the "oooooooh shiny" approach. I think an accurate color scheme would have added more to the original piece.

you will see people snap these up, when they recive them they will decide its rubbish and want rid, but it will be like the star wars bronzes they wont be able to sell them even at cost :lol

Like it a lot, ordered.

(I was out partying until 4.30 AM yesterday, so thanks for disliking this piece so much that it stayed available for this long.)

Not looking to resell this or anything, and since this is probably going to be the only JP piece ever, I might as well get it in bronze -- the sculpt and the scene are certainly iconic enough. Plus, the one thing that always bothered me with the regular paint scheme was the huge title logo on the base. Very in your face, very distracting. This way, it all looks so much more elegant.

So yeah, one happy customer here...

+1 with Seretur

Look very good in Bronze.
I prefer this version by far than the first one painted.

50ex that a good ES too.
(a good garantie than we will not find it cheaper in second market)

Ordered

The bronze shows off the sculpt 10x better than the "painted" one. It should have been released in this format.

Totally agree with all of you, I think this will look fantastic, did not buy the original dio so am really looking forward to this one!

It's just not a good peice for this treatment. If it was a Trex by himeself then maybe.

I feel the same as some of you. I think the bronze version looks better than the painted.

I just can't justify the price.

That seems to be the problem that most people have with it. The price is extremely high, considering that it is just presented in a medium devoid of color variation. It's charging more for less, in my mind, even if you like any gleaned detail accents.

$200, I might have considered, but for a limited release of 50 pieces, AND still available the next day... this is a woops and a half. Maybe if they just released the piece as this originally, it would have left a wider opening for the line and left the flagship piece with relatively scant criticism, considering the bulk of the problem people had with the first release was the sharpie spots all over the T.rex's face (as well as the prevalent lack of paint apps on the dinos' claws).

I have heard tell from a fellow JP collector, though, that he received his dio without the spots on the face, with the claws painted, and with more detail on the raptors. Still trying to extricate pics from him, but if he sends them I'll be sure to post them. He has yet to get back to me about whether or not he has an Artist's Proof; that would explain the variation.

Back