Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Darkside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth the 15 bucks!

Loved the "Have you seen my hand?" scene.

Now to watch District9

Was Yoda based on a show character, because I didn't recognize him from anything, funny, but I couldn't spot who he should be.

Meg's cameo was even funnier in this one than Blue Harvest.

I must be in the minority then because I was actually disappointed in this one. To me, the jokes in Blue Harvest were much more natural and situationally funny. This time, they were far too out of left field and forced (the Juicy Fruit ad and Elroy Jetson bits stand out the most). And they wrecked the Rocky IV montage by inserting the actual Rocky footage into the cartoon. Yeah, I get that Chris and Carl (Yoda) were re-enacting all the Stallone segments of that montage, but we didn't need the Dolph Lundgren footage. It would've played out perfectly if those clips were removed. In the end, it was as if they either tried too hard or got lazy and threw anything in there.

Now don't me wrong...there were plenty of funny parts in it. My wife and I both called it on which character would be Meg, and the Falcon doubling back for "Shut up, Meg" was great. Loved Peter's line "Ha! The Giant Chicken's Boba Fett." And Peter's response in the carbon chamber to "I love you" was priceless!!

Hopefully, the Jedi spoof will be more in the vein of Blue Harvest, but somehow I doubt it.

I haven't seen this yet, but Meg is ...

Spoiler Spoiler:
isn't she? :dunno :lol :rotfl

When you watch it, you'll understand, you can't air this :lol, and if you did it would suck because whole segments would be gone or half the dialogue would be blipped :lol

I don't know about that. Sure, some dialogue would be bleeped, but I didn't really see anything that isn't more extreme than what they've already done. Anything specific you're thinking about, Sean?

I don't know about that. Sure, some dialogue would be bleeped, but I didn't really see anything that isn't more extreme than what they've already done. Anything specific you're thinking about, Sean?

Maybe i need to rewatch, I just remember walking away thinking you couldn't air quite a bit of the episode.

Some things off the top of my head:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But certainly, the whole punchline of the carbon freezing scene would be lost on the air, maybe still funny with a bleep, some things are, but uncut I think it's really funny because it's not just the words but the delivery.

I just picked up the Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray set, but I wrapped it and put it under the tree. The wait is going to be hard. :(

I kinda hope, and I'm sure it'll happen, Topps does a card set for this one, I have the Blue Harvest set and it'd be nice to have one for each movie. The extra cards were the best thing in the Blue Harvest deluxe set.

Am I correct that none of these come with free digital copies, or did a I grab the wrong set, I was surprised and bummed as Blue Harvest had it.

Who has the expensive DVD, the only place I see with it higher is Best Buy and that's for the Lunch Box T-shirt set.

Back