Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Darkside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you didn't like the first one, I doubt you'll like this one much, I have a feeling it's going to follow the same model.

Thing is, I like FAMILY GUY. And the clips they showed at C4, as well as the panel, had me in stitches. I was stoked for BLUE HARVEST. Aside from the John Williams/Tim Burton joke, I found it sorely lacking and the funniest stuff was in the clips they showed at C4. And when Obi-Wan broke out into that "Dirty Dancing" song as a dedication to Luke/Chris and it lasted seemingly 17 minutes I was ready to throw something at my TV.

Hopefully they can make it more consistently funny this time around.

Ya, as much as I like BH, there are moments that were dragged out, like the musical number, actually I'm not a fan of it at all, let along length it just didn't feel right.

I'm wondering if there'll be a Lando Griffin joker worked in when the meet up with Calrissian haha.

More Family Guy is always welcome!
I enjoyed Blue Harvest; about the only problem I had with it is the Dirty Dancing music number, got the joke but it just wasn't funny and it dragged.

I hope they do one for every SW movie.

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT!!! That was my favorite part! I almost crapped myself laughing at that.:banana

Musical numbers and Family guy are almost inseparable. I can barely think of an episode without them. They almost ALWAYS go over the top and beat a dead horse. It's part of the humor. Some people love 'em (me), others hate 'em (my GF).

Prom Night Dumpster Baby anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRj-S8Aklcw

It's all good. Can't wait for this!

Mort Goldman as Lando = Awesome
I loved Blue Harvest I can't wait for this!
And it looks to me like Bossk has glasses and a beanie.

Last edited:
Musical numbers and Family guy are almost inseparable. I can barely think of an episode without them. They almost ALWAYS go over the top and beat a dead horse. It's part of the humor. Some people love 'em (me), others hate 'em (my GF).

Prom Night Dumpster Baby anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRj-S8Aklcw

It's all good. Can't wait for this!

Ah, but I love the Prom Night Dumpster Baby song, I just don't like the Dirty Dancing song, it dragged the middle of the story and was just too subtle in it's main joke. I prefer FG original songs over cover versions of existing songs.

I prefer FG original songs over cover versions of existing songs.

Met her on my CB, said her name was Mimi, sounded like an angel come to Earth

When I went to meet her, man you should have seen her, twice as tall as me three times the girth

Oh my fat baby loves to eat, big old Buddha belly and her breasts swing past her feet, oh my fat baby loves to eaaaaat, my big old fat ass baby loves to eat.

I GOT BLISTERS ON THESE FINGERS!!!

Anyone know anything on when this is airing or anything, I haven't heard anything in awhile, Robot Chicken 2 slipped past me and is already on DVD, I don't think I've missed Family Guy.

Anyone know anything on when this is airing or anything, I haven't heard anything in awhile, Robot Chicken 2 slipped past me and is already on DVD, I don't think I've missed Family Guy.

You haven't missed it.
I was watching the extras on the latest Family Guy DVD set and there was a bit when they were at Comic-con 08 and they were discussing " Something, Something, Something, Darkside" and it was due out some time in 09.
It hasn't aired yet.
:chew

I thought it was too be sometime in the fall, but like I said, Robot Chicken part 2 slipped by without too much hype, so I wasn't sure if Family Guy part 2 wasn't being hyped much either.

Back