Media Fallout 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do NOT waste your time doing this. I spent like an hour or so getting this to look good around sanctuary without the clipping console command on the first day, and it sucked. Half the time enemies will spawn inside, and the other half the time they'll spawn outside and then not walk around to the entrances so both sides will just sit there shooting the wall like idiots. And wall or not if you don't go to the settlement to help it will fail (cause it doesn't actually spawn them of course ;p). Also don't build sentry turrets right next to each other, they have like no health and one missile will take multiple out in that case. Also put them ontop of a bridge piece or something so if it's ghouls or radscorpions they can't hit them.

Oh that sucks.
I though if you're bad was adequately defended then you wouldn't need to show up yourself.

Though damn ...the main I've shown up to was at The Castle and it was an army of high level supermutants charging over the walls along with their attack hounds..... no amount of turrets was going to help that ..... and they went straight for them with grenades!

Lol I'm 35 and have t step foot into Diamond City yet. Just crafting, questing and building towns

Newb question: I'm looking for a new game to help occupy my time and was thinking about this one. I loved the mass effect games as far as an RPG game. Will this compare? Just curious if this is my cup of tea or not. Thanks!

Newb question: I'm looking for a new game to help occupy my time and was thinking about this one. I loved the mass effect games as far as an RPG game. Will this compare? Just curious if this is my cup of tea or not. Thanks!

Yeah it's a great game. Just don't get overwhelmed or try to stick to story missions when you play - getting sidetracked is part of the fun.

If you want to try out this type of game first, you could also get Fallout 3 or New Vegas relatively cheap now to first see if you like this style of game and challenge.

Thanks. I'll look into 3 or NV first to check it out. :duff

I'd only add that 3 and NV were a lot more old style RPG with a ton of text dialogue options and a lot more stats and skill sets ... don't let that turn you off if you're not into it as Fallout 4 I think is more closely aligned to Bioware style games with a simply dialogue wheel and smaller set of skills to choose from.

I'd only add that 3 and NV were a lot more old style RPG with a ton of text dialogue options and a lot more stats and skill sets ... don't let that turn you off if you're not into it as Fallout 4 I think is more closely aligned to Bioware style games with a simply dialogue wheel and smaller set of skills to choose from.

Thanks! I looked into reviews of 3 and NV for PS3 and it apparently is pretty glitchy. I may wait for a deal on Fallout 4 before picking it up.

Thanks! I looked into reviews of 3 and NV for PS3 and it apparently is pretty glitchy. I may wait for a deal on Fallout 4 before picking it up.

glitchy but still a lot of fun, and not gamebreaking glitchy most of the time. also I highly recommend you play on pc

I am having real problems with this game slowing down. When I first started it was fine but it is getting increasingly worse. When I am walking I walk normally then it really slows to a crawl and then back to normal, it is worse when its raining for some reason. It is getting to the point where it is starting to spoil the game for me. Does anyone else have the same issue? and is there some sort of cache on the PS4 that you have to clear that is making it lag as it seems strange it was ok at the start of the game but not now.

I am having real problems with this game slowing down. When I first started it was fine but it is getting increasingly worse. When I am walking I walk normally then it really slows to a crawl and then back to normal, it is worse when its raining for some reason. It is getting to the point where it is starting to spoil the game for me. Does anyone else have the same issue? and is there some sort of cache on the PS4 that you have to clear that is making it lag as it seems strange it was ok at the start of the game but not now.

I have noticed recently on mine that it seems to slow down mainly in the rain or when I'm wandering the town areas.

It's my second save, two level 20 characters and I never noticed it on the first play through
Brand new Xbox one in this case however

NV was apparently really bad. My first play through I didn't encounter any glitches, second play through was a little different. Never encountered any problems with Fallout 3 but I much preferred NV because of the western setting, Vegas was so much more interesting to me than what I believe was D.C. in Fallout 3.

So i only started playing this today after getting it for christmas , after 6 hours of wandering about and collecting guns and items.
Where would be the best and safest place to store items? As im hearing of items getting looted.

Back