Statue Falcon (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's EXACTLY the part I broke! Went to pick up the base and just placed my hand around that area, and eventually heard it snap and fall to the floor.

Could've been a whole lost worse, I guess.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I doubt we're the only two that have done the exact same thing.

Just received and unboxed the Falcon a couple of days ago, and wow--this is incredible in person. Could possibly be the best statue I own--it's that impressive.

I really like the options--you can pose with or without wings...with the arm holding the gun or the outstretched arm. I always like variety.

I was really impressed with the head sculpt. I figured since his eyes were behind the goggles, maybe they wouldn't have put as much detail there, but they did. I also like the red translucent material for the glasses. Really gives off a great realistic feeling to me.

Also really impressed by the gloves/gauntlets on the hands. Lots of great weathering. Love how you can notice his fingernails too. Only nitpick I'd say is that, at least for me, the paint they used for the fingernails kind of blends into the paint they used for the fingers. And so, some of his fingers are sort of a pale, fingernail looking color rather than brown.

Of the three 1/4's I have from Iron Studios, I think this is my favorite base. More great weathering....I like the dent in metal where his left foot is, I like the "Caution" sign in the back, and I like how the base is tall, which makes a flying character seem more in the air or in motion that a lower base would.

Unfortunately, when I went to move him, I broke off a small part of the base next to the piping. It's very small and I honestly probably would've ever noticed had I not been the one who did it. So, I'll have to glue it back. When I looked that area over, some of the area around one of the pipes had been chipped away--perhaps it fell into the box when in transit. Not a huge deal for me, personally. Again, it would be hard to notice if I wasn't intentionally looking for it.

All in all, love the statue, and am posing him with the extended arm because I really like being able to see his face when I view him from the side. Both arms are great. Clothing is incredible (is there anyone else in the game who does clothing better than Iron Studios?), and overall, the Falcon just really has a very cool costume in these movies.

I've been thinking about these statues, and to me, they sort of remind me of maybe what an effects company--like Legacy Effects or ILM--might create to give the filmmakers a physical example of what a character will look like on-screen and in-costume once the movie is completed. These statues seem like something you'd see lying in the background when you watched a behind-the-scenes documentary of Civil War.

I've added a few photos below. Funny enough, even though I bought Cap and Falcon at two different times, from two different sites, and from two different countries, they both are #106. Crazy.

*Freaky* LOL you ended up w. the same number. *Sigh* I snapped the thin joining pipe at the base on one side where it joins the other pipe - just was tired or something and wasn't paying attention - and that piece on mine seemed to be tightly set anyway. Worse, whenever I move Falcon I seem to grab for the same area. You'd never know after I fixed it. I've also thought at times it might be cool to replace those pipes with real copper pipe, but there's a piece of pipe imbedded on the other side so I'd have to think about that.

But - small stuff like that where I can fix *shrug* - it's the terror of dropping a face sculpt or something that gets me going.

Anyway, agree with everything in your post tho I was very happy w. the hands on all my figs and just didn't notice anything. Re your comments about an effects company - well, IS did tell me in an e-mail that they get "real files" from studio and they are fussy about matching those - and in the Vader vid it's mentioned they had access to the studio prop - whatever they are doing IMO is mind-boggling. Like, with Cap I noticed behind one knee where all the fabric was tightly wrinkled, exactly the way a very tough cloth would be in that area from someone bending at the knee. Also love the force of Falcon's foot denting the metal and the way WS hair looks windblown and just the DUST. Really agree about Falcon's eyes because they could have fudged the sculpt, hiding it behind opaque lenses, but they didn't.

Congrats on acquiring this stunning piece - I've been using both guns but I think I might want to put the other fist on for a while, I like that switchout.

Nice feedback, buddy.

Crazy how there have been a few of us that snapped small parts of the Falcon base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nice feedback, buddy.

Crazy how there have been a few of us that snapped small parts of the Falcon base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

:) My fault tho, for me. Going too fast and tired. But - I dis-assembled Falcon, Cap, and Bucky, wrapped the pieces in towels and safely got them down some stairs without tripping, so I call that a win LOL:cool:. Soon they will be in their final cabinet and hopefully a long time before they are moved again! :panic:

Do u have him ordered? I love my IS pieces:love

They are all gorgeous and luv them even more re the MCU going to overturn, eventually - spectacular.

Which is your favourite piece. Mine is Falcon even though my favourite character is Black Panther. I think Bucky is the one piece that is bloody rare now. Sold out so quickly and they nailed that piece also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is your favourite piece. Mine is Falcon even though my favourite character is Black Panther. I think Bucky is the one piece that is bloody rare now. Sold out so quickly and they nailed that piece also

Ha ha shameless favoritism Bucky but IMO the legitimate reasons are 1) dynamic sculpt and 2) so far only one I have with full portrait and IS completely nailed it. IS only company so far IMO that has done a perfect Winter Soldier. IS did magnificent job with my fav MCU character.

Falcon because I am so impressed with the detais and engineering of his pose - he is rock solid. And spectacular.

But my Cap and BP are beautiful - still feel like these may be the finest pieces I ever own.

Ha ha shameless favoritism Bucky but IMO the legitimate reasons are 1) dynamic sculpt and 2) so far only one I have with full portrait and IS completely nailed it. IS only company so far IMO that has done a perfect Winter Soldier. IS did magnificent job with my fav MCU character.

Falcon because I am so impressed with the detais and engineering of his pose - he is rock solid. And spectacular.

But my Cap and BP are beautiful - still feel like these may be the finest pieces I ever own.

I’m not sure on BP. As I prefer the comic version. But the details do look great, I just wish they did a swop out unmasked head. Something to break up the colour a bit. But it does look great. Iron Studios has some very impressive stuff and can’t wait for what’s next. I need that Punisher piece it’s how Frank should look

I’m not sure on BP. As I prefer the comic version. But the details do look great, I just wish they did a swop out unmasked head. Something to break up the colour a bit. But it does look great. Iron Studios has some very impressive stuff and can’t wait for what’s next. I need that Punisher piece it’s how Frank should look
Oh god, that IS Punisher is gorgeous. I'm really excited to see what IS is gonna show for Infinity War. ♥ They did announce some 1/4 scales so I'm excited to see which characters will get the treatment. :)

If I had the funds and space, I'd have probably gotten Falcon too to join my Cap and WS. He sure looks like the best piece from the CW line up, at least from what I can see on pictures. :) Lots of shelf presence due to those beautiful wings and the pose is really neat.

Oh god, that IS Punisher is gorgeous. I'm really excited to see what IS is gonna show for Infinity War. [emoji813] They did announce some 1/4 scales so I'm excited to see which characters will get the treatment. :)

If I had the funds and space, I'd have probably gotten Falcon too to join my Cap and WS. He sure looks like the best piece from the CW line up, at least from what I can see on pictures. :) Lots of shelf presence due to those beautiful wings and the pose is really neat.

They announced their Infinity War Line. If that’s the case I’m expecting an amazing line up. Gosh that’s a lot of work ahead. However I would dig having a few from that line

I can see that re BP. For me I very much like the "naturalistic" flowing pose - a black jaguar/leopard is a favorite animal of mine - and I like the eerieness? of the BP appearance in Civil War - the eyes, the glittering claws.

But the character isn't a fav of mine (which isn't the same as dislike) so I am OK at least with the poly of not having a sculpt. At least with THIS poly. He's a nice contrast to the others I have as you can see their faces, more or less.

For sure IS is one of the reasons I'm trying to take my foot off the gas re spending. Because what they might do for IW.

I can see that re BP. For me I very much like the "naturalistic" flowing pose - a black jaguar/leopard is a favorite animal of mine - and I like the eerieness? of the BP appearance in Civil War - the eyes, the glittering claws.

But the character isn't a fav of mine (which isn't the same as dislike) so I am OK at least with the poly of not having a sculpt. At least with THIS poly. He's a nice contrast to the others I have as you can see their faces, more or less.

For sure IS is one of the reasons I'm trying to take my foot off the gas re spending. Because what they might do for IW.

Same here! Can't wait to see what they reveal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548338.109863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548346.982952.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548355.529617.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548365.242681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548381.010431.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548965.271949.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548400.330721.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548415.824756.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1523548560.441641.jpg

Eat this.

Al I can say is holy **** that looks super impressive. I think I’m gonna have to get him now. I believe Popcultcha has him in stock still. Wish I never canceled my pre order. Those pics just made me change my mind.

Eat this.

LOL there he is - GORGEOUS. Great pics!:clap

Congrats on this stunning piece - an amazing job by Iron Studios. One of the few companies I ever sent pics to and thanked them. Falcon is unbelievable close up with the skin texture, the wrinkles in the fabric - he's a statement. :love:love:love

Back