FAKE STATUES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Lord Apocalypse

Freaked Out
Reaction score
ebay is already constantly having listings of fake hulk vs spiderman dioramas and iron man comiquettes. if you guys see this auction, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU MUST REPORT IT TO EBAY, using the link on the bottom of the page.
it only takes 2 minutes or less people. if you see it and let the auction go, you are enabling.

pretty soon the x men vs sentinel diorama will be next cause it fetches a pretty penny on ebay and it makes it a worth it investment for the people producing fakes.

so start today by reporting this link-
https://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-Ironma...ryZ48971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or copy this auction on ebay and report it-

Last edited:
I know at least 4 people on this board who bought the fake iron man comiquette recast recently....:duh

Ummm ... they're not scamming. They clearly state in the first paragraph that this is not a Sideshow statue.

So, while they are doing something that is highly illegal in terms of copyright ... well ... can we really do anything about it?

Ummm ... they're not scamming. They clearly state in the first paragraph that this is not a Sideshow statue.

So, while they are doing something that is highly illegal in terms of copyright ... well ... can we really do anything about it?

yeah you can. you know its a fake. that all that matters. tell ebay that they can feel free to contact sideshow collectibles. that what i wrote ebay and am letting sideshow know as well.

I went ahead an reported it. If only because it hurts the market for my authentic (and supposedly limited-edition) collectible.

Yeah I think its the flippers and the ones who owned the statues that are pissed.Personnaly I dont care, as long as I'm informed thats its a fake.

Yeah I think its the flippers and the ones who owned the statues that are pissed.Personnaly I dont care, as long as I'm informed thats its a fake.

Plus Sideshow is well aware of this with the whole Iron Man thing from before, so I don't really see what more people can do.

Don't buy it, and report it if it really kills ya. Honestly though, Bannister is right. SSC are the only ones with the real power here, if they let it slide then one would be led to believe it's not such a dire situation.

I prefer the authentic statues, but it really doesn't bum me out that these are out there. Hell, I paid close to $1000 for my SSC Hulk vs Spidey dio, but the fakes don't make me feel cheated or anything. I still know I have a killer statue, and that's all that really matters to me. If someone wants to settle for a cheaper second rate version with sub-par paints, no skin off my nose.

In the big picture, it's not going to hurt any of the manufacturers at all (since only the extremely popular sold out items seem to get reproduced)... it's possible it could lower the value for the secondhand flippers out there, but not by much. Just look at how much authentic IM's and Hulk vs Spideys are still going for.. Ton's of these fakes have been out there for a while now, and those are still burning hot in regards to secondhad value.

To think it's ruining the hobby is a bit of overkill IMO. And I'm not defending the recasters out there or anything, just really don't think it's as bad a situation as people seem to be making it out to be.

Don't buy it, and report it if it really kills ya. Honestly though, Bannister is right. SSC are the only ones with the real power here, if they let it slide then one would be led to believe it's not such a dire situation.

I prefer the authentic statues, but it really doesn't bum me out that these are out there. Hell, I paid close to $1000 for my SSC Hulk vs Spidey dio, but the fakes don't make me feel cheated or anything. I still know I have a killer statue, and that's all that really matters to me. If someone wants to settle for a cheaper second rate version with sub-par paints, no skin off my nose.

In the big picture, it's not going to hurt any of the manufacturers at all (since only the extremely popular sold out items seem to get reproduced)... it's possible it could lower the value for the secondhand flippers out there, but not by much. Just look at how much authentic IM's and Hulk vs Spideys are still going for.. Ton's of these fakes have been out there for a while now, and those are still burning hot in regards to secondhad value.

To think it's ruining the hobby is a bit of overkill IMO. And I'm not defending the recasters out there or anything, just really don't think it's as bad a situation as people seem to be making it out to be.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm hoping someone fakes a SW PF Speeder Bike w/Scout. I willing to pay $300.00. Hopefully these Japs make all the SS statues and enough quantity to drop the prices. A PF Hulk for $100 would be awesome. I imagine its possible, as long as they make enough. Time will tell. I guess SS finally got competiton.

It's a pretty bad situation when someone steals another person's hard work, and then makes money off of it, when they have no right to. I'm not as concerned about the secondary market prices, but I am concerned that people are buying what is basically stolen property.

I'm hoping someone fakes a SW PF Speeder Bike w/Scout. I willing to pay $300.00. Hopefully these Japs make all the SS statues and enough quantity to drop the prices. A PF Hulk for $100 would be awesome. I imagine its possible, as long as they make enough. Time will tell. I guess SS finally got competiton.

:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, but if no one is going to do anything, it's going to give the green light for these people to keep putting them out there, further diluting the market with crappy knockoffs that sell for ridiculous prices.

We pay $300+ for a statue because we know we are getting quality. It's somewhat of an elite hobby that we are in. Not everyone can afford it; in today's market very few of us are lucky enough to be able to enjoy such luxuries. but if the market becomes inundated with cheap made in China counterfeits, IMO it somehow takes away from those that did put down a large sum of cash for a genuine product.

I'm all for "sharing" music, movies, games, etc. but when it comes to toys and statues, well that's just wrong and dishonest. :lol

If ebay can run auctions of pieces of toast that may or may not have an image of Mary on 'em, the announced Iron Man fakes aren't gonna faze anyone. Who cares... just know what you're bidding on.

Yeah, but if no one is going to do anything, it's going to give the green light for these people to keep putting them out there, further diluting the market with crappy knockoffs that sell for ridiculous prices.

We pay $300+ for a statue because we know we are getting quality. It's somewhat of an elite hobby that we are in. Not everyone can afford it; in today's market very few of us are lucky enough to be able to enjoy such luxuries. but if the market becomes inundated with cheap made in China counterfeits, IMO it somehow takes away from those that did put down a large sum of cash for a genuine product.

I'm all for "sharing" music, movies, games, etc. but when it comes to toys and statues, well that's just wrong and dishonest. :lol

Shouldn't you be pissed at Sideshow then, since it is their product and they should know about it by now.

lol! I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder :lol

All I can say is don't let it ruin your day. Right or wrong, conterfeiting is a beast that in most cases can't be stopped unfortunately. If the problem is that you're really concerned about the artists getting burned, that's a moot point since these are sold out products and artists don't make any money on secondhand deals.

If the concern is that you paid $XXXX for something or something in your collection is worth $XXXX, and you're upset becuase you see a fake one going for less - you probably really need to re-evaluate the reasons you're into this stuff.

Now, like MesaScott says - if it got to a point where recasters were doing this with new products, that would be a big issue for the manufacturers and artisits, and I can pretty much guarantee you that you would see some action from SSC and probably even Marvel at that point.

Like I said though, by all means do something about it if it really bothers you! :gun :gun :gun

This is a major problem, my retailer in town is suppose to get some IM stealth the problem is they dont come with oringal boxes. because sideshow just got 150 boxes empty boxes JACKED... and there limited printed. So with your staute you get a shiny white plain box!.. SUCKS!.... I imagine the stolen boxes are use to move the fakes.

Back