FAKE STATUES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will always be are market for fake stuff. Whilst it's admirable some of you guys wanna make a stand against this, it's like peeing against the wind...it's a waste of time unfortunately...

There will always be are market for fake stuff. Whilst it's admirable some of you guys wanna make a stand against this, it's like peeing against the wind...it's a waste of time unfortunately...

Anyone who does that may end up smelly. *Insert Pee-Wee Herman laugh here!*:lol:horror

its sad but true, when I almost got duped into buying a fake iron man statue i called sideshow and even sent them pictures of the fake statue just so they can verify for me that it wasnt an authentic. they told me that theres nothing they can do as far as verifying the statue because I didnt buy it from them and also told me thats the bad thing about buying on ebay. sucks ya i know, but it didnt really sound like if the whole knockoff thing was of importance to them. well i guess just keep fighting the good fight....

its sad but true, when I almost got duped into buying a fake iron man statue i called sideshow and even sent them pictures of the fake statue just so they can verify for me that it wasnt an authentic. they told me that theres nothing they can do as far as verifying the statue because I didnt buy it from them and also told me thats the bad thing about buying on ebay. sucks ya i know, but it didnt really sound like if the whole knockoff thing was of importance to them. well i guess just keep fighting the good fight....

As soon as you mention to SSC that you didn't get whatever you are calling about directly from them, they don't care. I'm not slamming them, but it's not in their benefit to serve anybody but their own cutomers directly. I think there's been some training that once you mention you got whatever elsewhere, the response is "you should have bought it from us."

However, I'm sure SSC is concerned to some degree over the current counterfeiting situation, especially since I thought I've read that SS prides themselves on the limted exclusiveness of their products and the production molds are destroyed after a production run; I think I read that in that lighthouse online newstory "Rory Loves Nash" article.

I think my point has been and always has been who cares? Really, do you go and call Rolex on the street vendors in China town. How about the cologne fakes, or fake sunglasses? What about the purses. This is life. Have faith in knowing that what you buy direct is the real deal. Who cares? I have about 6 or 7 fake replicas of LOTR swords. They are great but deep down inside I know they are pretty much worthless when compared to the REAL thing. I just don't understand the lets tell on someone way of thinking. It is not harming you.

You must have not read the threads about that or they were deleted. That argument really got heated. LOL! Such a ryhm! For real that was a real hot topic. You missed it? :dunno

No I didn't miss it. :rolleyes:

That's why I brought it up. :rolleyes:

It was like 95% in favor of the recast Patient Zero and 5% against. I was amazed at how many people thought that just because it was a 1/6 figure and not a "statue", that it was OK.

I think my point has been and always has been who cares? Really, do you go and call Rolex on the street vendors in China town. How about the cologne fakes, or fake sunglasses? What about the purses. This is life. Have faith in knowing that what you buy direct is the real deal. Who cares? I have about 6 or 7 fake replicas of LOTR swords. They are great but deep down inside I know they are pretty much worthless when compared to the REAL thing. I just don't understand the lets tell on someone way of thinking. It is not harming you.

I can see what your saying and I agree to an extent-its different if you know what your buying is a knockoff. As a novice collector whos been collecting for a little while I kinda learned what to look for when buying a statue second hand, at least I think. Now what sucks is being new to the hobby and not having any experience. You look at the ssc website and see what you missed out on, know what you want, and then turn to ebay to find it cause its to late to get it direct from ss. This is an expensive hobby. So for someone to spend hard earned cash on something they find out later is fake its pretty devastating. Thats where I agree we as collectors should come together and help each other out, because, as in my case had it not been for honest people who contacted me I would have been cheated out $600 and not even have known it. Stuff like that even effects honest sellers. Theres new people to this hobby every day, so it creates a trust problem buying on ebay. So I believe that getting the word out there about these people selling fakes is beneficial to the collector old and new....but of course it is a personal choice....
wow that was deep:lol:rotfl

They really did contact me but I don't plan on selling recasts.

wow, that's crazy man. i would think you would put yourself in a potential legal situation if you did. These individual ebay sellers are probably viewed as small potatoes by SS, but if you own a business, now there's a target to make an example of.

Back