Factory X Props and Replicas - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've had one on pre-order for a while. they said there were in stock so i paid already. then they told me they are on back order. that was a few weeks ago. hopefully they come in soon or i'm going to ask for a refund. but it does feel good knowing that it is already paid for.

i've had one on pre-order for a while. they said there were in stock so i paid already. then they told me they are on back order. that was a few weeks ago. hopefully they come in soon or i'm going to ask for a refund. but it does feel good knowing that it is already paid for.

The same thing almost happened to me. I found a website that had them "in-stock." The website was updated on a regular basis, etc., but every other place I looks, the scythe was sold out. Finally, I emailed that and asked in so many words: "Are you sure that it's in stock?"

They got back to me and said (again, in so many words): It's not in stock, but it would arrive 'soon'."

They were prompt with their replies, but nonetheless, it was a little deceiving in my opinion. (And they still list it as "in-stock" even though it's not.)

it's probably the same site i used. i paid with paypal cuz it said "in stock" and i don't like entering my CC onto sites ever since the Cornerstore comics fiasco.

Craw, any word on your Scythe?

I'm still waiting for mine. Luckily, my vendor is local so I can check in from time to time in store, but he told me that Factory X keeps pushing the shipping date back.

Update: I just got off the phone with my dealer. SUPPOSEDLY, these will be in any week now for those of you who ordered from misc. dealers, etc. Apparently, the whole batch was held up in customs. I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but that is what I was told. I hope this helps anyone still waiting, like myself.

It's gotten a little rediculous at this point, but oh, well. Things like this do happen. As long as I get my order fulfilled, I'll be happy.

Random question: I've noticed quite a few people list the lifesized Buffy Scythes on Ebay for outrageous prices claiming they're "one of a kind," but they look identical to the Factory X version (and somehow found the Factory X website, deciding to use THEIR description for this "one of a kind" piece.) :lol

My favorite part is when they add "You will not find another of it's kind anywhere." Um....yes, I will. I just bought one. Maybe I missed the boat here????

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems like by adding the term "one of a kind" to the title of these pieces it adds anywhere from $750 to $1000. It's sad to think someone would pay that much because they are misled by the description (in my opinion.) I guess I'm in the wrong business...:lol

Last edited:
those auctions were fake and pulled before they were finished i believe. somebody was trying to drive up the going rate for these things.

There's another one on Ebay. I'm not quite sure what is "one of a kind" about it.

that one is a custom handcrafted scythe. i've seen it on there before or one like it. you can tell the differences if you look closely. the blade isn't as long and there is no leather wrap.

that one is a custom handcrafted scythe. i've seen it on there before or one like it. you can tell the differences if you look closely. the blade isn't as long and there is no leather wrap.

Ah....ok. I stand corrected. I've seen a few like this though, and always thought they were just trying to avoid calling it a production piece by saying "one of a kind."

A whole slew of Scythes hit Ebay. Way overpriced IMO, but if someone is looking for one, you do have a "last resort."

Release date pushed back to mid-June now. I might be calling it a quits on this one. This is a little much. :lol

Yes, I'm seeing lots of backorders on the scythe on other websites, and notations saying it's going to be 6 to 8 weeks before orders may be filled. I do hope you get yours before that, you've already waited a long time. Keep us updated!! :peace

Yes, I'm seeing lots of backorders on the scythe on other websites, and notations saying it's going to be 6 to 8 weeks before orders may be filled. I do hope you get yours before that, you've already waited a long time. Keep us updated!! :peace

Unfortunately, this one is losing the "drool" factor for me because it's been soooo long. :gah: :lol

I guess we'll see when it arrives. Worst case scenario: I resell it, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

Well....For what it's worth (which isn't a lot because I've been told so many different stories about release dates for this one,) the Scythe shipments should be in-stores next week. I called my guy and he said that he has a shipping number and they will be in his store within a week. :rock

Good news!

True? I don't know what is anymore....:lol

Coming soon???? I hope so.

Isn't it great watching the progression of my posts as they transition from hopeful to loss of hope and then back to hopeful again? :lol

If this doesn't arrive this week, I'm going to be sad....very sad. :lol

Should I just start a blog, recounting the series of emotions that I've been through at this point?

Back