Facepool Punishman (Punisher s2 Frank Castle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we're on the topic of Bernthal, personally I feel his best work in the role was in those early appearances on the Daredevil show. Afterwards, it sort of softened/lost it's edge.
Agreed. He was way better in Daredevil season 2 than in his own show. He became an emotional, PTSD wreck that’s far from the calculating, calm, and cold killing machine Punisher. This Punisher seemingly got no plan and is always getting captured and get his ass kicked, but is just very good at absorbing damage with his face. On too of it, they ruined his origin story on why his family was killed. Not to mention they made Punisher wuit being the Punisher after the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Punisher would never quit the war on criminals because that is his sole purpose in life. He knows it’s futile but continues to do it because he is that driven. God I hate the Netflix Punisher show.

Last edited:
Fresh out of the box - pretty solid figure.
May not scratch the itch for everyone but I like the portrait, the clothes are tailored well and it has serious Jon Bernthal energy.

Attachments

• IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9167.jpeg
    IMG_9167.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Только что из коробки - довольно солидная цифра.
Может быть, не у всех возникнет зуд, но мне нравится портрет, одежда хорошо сшита, и в нем есть серьезная энергия Джона Бернтала.
Аwesome, pls, more photo!

Fresh out of the box - pretty solid figure.
May not scratch the itch for everyone but I like the portrait, the clothes are tailored well and it has serious Jon Bernthal energy.
Alright, these pics just convinced me to buy it. I definitely prefer this sculpt over HT’s.
The solo show may not have been all that but I still love me some Bernthal Punisher- mostly because of his monologue at the end of Daredevil S2 ep4- and the way he brutally shanks people repeatedly.

The base is also a huge selling point- so I’ll wait till this arrives, compare it with the HT figure, see which one gives me the most Punisher satisfaction, and sell off the loser.

My E&S British police head is not here yet but I put the Tough Guy Frank head on this guy. I gotta say that I feel this looks so much better. Just messing around for now without any real posing. Overall I am happy with this figure, just not the Bernthal head, but it’s not the figure’s problem, it’s only my own personal taste.

Attachments

• IMG_6344.jpeg
    IMG_6344.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6345.jpeg
    IMG_6345.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I definitely don’t think I’m gonna regret this purchase. He has a seriously intimidating presence. Somehow, despite the HT having such a classic Punisher look, the figure just doesn’t capture Bernthal’s deadly portrayal.

He could use some proper fabric boots though… might be time for me to hit up Ali Express again.

I’ve had this guy out of the box a little while now and finally got around to giving the vest a paint touch-up, as Facepool kind of let us down with their faded, printed on skull.
To me, it’s made a world of difference and elevates an already great figure. It’s also incredibly easy with plenty of leniency for anyone with a presumed ‘lack of painting talent.’
Just water down white acrylic paint, use a small brush and start dabbing it on. It seeps in and gradually builds up so you’ll have loads of trial attempts to get the hang of applying the paint how you want it.

From stock
C089624D-F02D-4F22-A0CD-E8974AAB33A4.jpeg

To this
C53771CC-338F-49FC-935D-B64199A9C67F.jpeg

I didn’t do anything with the blood as I decided I prefer the skull not being crowded/distracted by a dominant primary colour.

Now, I feel I’ve got a ‘worn’ look where the vest has been through some ish and Frank has just touched it up occasionally; sometimes without even fully clearing all the blood off.

Since I had the paints out, I also gave his hair a light black wash and gave the face a quick once-over to grey up his stubble and add more bruising on the cheeks and jawbone, plus a little more skin blotchiness and red on the ears.

Another very quick and not remotely precise paint job which really adds more character to that quality sculpt.
A050681B-5B9A-47E3-8F55-E244B8CE78E9.jpeg

283ACD1E-81CF-44F2-8B4E-68D605A4DBBF.jpeg

I then removed his ‘fattening panties;’ they were just chonking his thighs up way too much. The stock body’s legs are plenty beefy enough for Bernthal’s build.
They have a butt-slit for articulation , which actually allows you to make a fun version of the Punisher symbol.
C4ABDE17-6622-45D9-8175-FF2BE1FC4968.jpeg

Still haven’t busted out the jacket or other accessories but I’m very happy with this figure and will most certainly be selling of the HT any day now.
9AD1A163-1DE2-4260-B285-D3B7E58F1AAF.jpeg
0ACCCFC2-E98B-4BCB-9119-832FB0DEA69E.jpeg

9679BAF2-17E5-4E64-9390-99FEB6B1C80E.jpeg

ADBD8BA6-5394-4366-8902-E33C699C9E3D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had this guy out of the box a little while now and finally got around to giving the vest a paint touch-up, as Facepool kind of let us down with their faded, printed on skull.
To me, it’s made a world of difference and elevates an already great figure. It’s also incredibly easy with plenty of leniency for anyone with a presumed ‘lack of painting talent.’
Just water down white acrylic paint, use a small brush and start dabbing it on. It seeps in and gradually builds up so you’ll have loads of trial attempts to get the hang of applying the paint how you want it.

From stock
View attachment 653621

To this
View attachment 653622

I didn’t do anything with the blood as I decided I prefer the skull not being crowded/distracted by a dominant primary colour.

Now, I feel I’ve got a ‘worn’ look where the vest has been through some ish and Frank has just touched it up occasionally; sometimes without even fully clearing all the blood off.

Since I had the paints out, I also gave his hair a light black wash and gave the face a quick once-over to grey up his stubble and add more bruising on the cheeks and jawbone, plus a little more skin blotchiness and red on the ears.

Another very quick and not remotely precise paint job which really adds more character to that quality sculpt.
View attachment 653627
View attachment 653628

I then removed his ‘fattening panties;’ they were just chonking his thighs up way too much. The stock body’s legs are plenty beefy enough for Bernthal’s build.
They have a butt-slit for articulation , which actually allows you to make a fun version of the Punisher symbol.
View attachment 653619

Still haven’t busted out the jacket or other accessories but I’m very happy with this figure and will most certainly be selling of the HT any day now.
View attachment 653623View attachment 653624
View attachment 653626
View attachment 653629
Looks great…well done

My favorite Frank in my collection now and overshadows my HT one. Did replace the body with a Worldbox AT016 which skin tone matches 100% and since the legs aren’t as thick his bulking
Panties actually look good and don’t make it look like his jeans are too tight in the butt or thighs. Also repainted the skull so it doesn’t look so “Printed” on it. My biggest problem is what to have him in because the hoodie and the jacket look amazing on him, but I also like the body armor look. Head sculpt is simply amazing.
IMG_9314.jpeg
IMG_9318.jpeg
IMG_9329.jpeg
IMG_9341.jpeg
IMG_9348.jpeg

My favorite Frank in my collection now and overshadows my HT one. Did replace the body with a Worldbox AT016 which skin tone matches 100% and since the legs aren’t as thick his bulking
Panties actually look good and don’t make it look like his jeans are too tight in the butt or thighs. Also repainted the skull so it doesn’t look so “Printed” on it. My biggest problem is what to have him in because the hoodie and the jacket look amazing on him, but I also like the body armor look. Head sculpt is simply amazing.View attachment 674737View attachment 674738View attachment 674739View attachment 674740View attachment 674741
Why not both?…
IMG_1940.jpeg
IMG_1941.jpeg

Back