Fable 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, no one's posted in this thread since the game was released?

Fable's a curious thing... I find the series to be slow and boring with annoying voice acting, horrible missions, a poor battle system with a huge lack of enemy variety, along with multiple handfuls of other issues, yet I keep coming back for more. I simply cannot explain why.

I've only played a few hours of Fable III so far, and it feels exactly like the first two. It's so sad that the interactions havent evolved to become more subtle and realistic (I simply can't stand the burps and farts), and the breadcrumb thing really dumbs down the whole game (but I don't choose to turn it off because the game doesnt feel like it's made to function properly without it due to the cumbersome map/quest list).

I don't understand why Lionhead hasn't tweaked the gameplay mechanics. It feels so antiquated and unpolished. I started Fable III right after finishing up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and the whole game feels so cumbersome compared to Castlevania. The attacks are slow and inaacurate and the AI is horrible (the only threat comes when you're overwhelmed and your character simply can't move fast enough to attack or defend). NPCs keep saying "only a hero could have done what you did," yet it just feels like you're a prepubescent swinging around a baseball bat and randomly firing your gun and hitting anything that gets in the way of the bullets.

But why do I keep coming back to play? It really doesn't make any sense because I have so many issues with the various aspects of the game. Does that mean Molyneux succeeded with drawing in players and making them want more, even though the package overall feels like it's still unfinished? I really don't want to like the game, but I can't help myself from playing :gah:

Me too. I really don't understand why I keep playing it. Maybe because nice 'fairy tale' graphic and curious about how the story line goes.

I completely agree with you MooMooEgg. Fable(original) to me was a let down when you look at the hype it generated, compared what it actually delivered. But yet I came running back for Fable II, I found it to be better(and improved) in some ways when compared the the original. Fable III feels like it should have been an expansion pack for Fable II. I still don't get why they needed to make it into an actual retail game. Needless to say, I was let down by Fable, and I just can't stop coming back for more:lol

I played I and II. After I finished the second one I immediately traded it in for something else - usually I hold onto games and play them a few times - but that one was meh to me. I might rent III down the road but don't think I'll be buying it.

i got this one last week when it came out but havent played it that much, been playing rdr undead nightmare instead. just not that compelled to play it....more of the same, the only difference is that its a bit boring this time around. i loved the 1st fable and the 2nd one was okay.

I would recommend waiting on this game. I got it the day it came out but 12 hours in got stuck due to a bugged quest (main storyline no less) that stops forward progress altogether.
Reading around I'm not the only one with the issue so I'd recommend others to at least wait for some patches.

The first Fable had so much hype, and I was psyched to get it only to be left wanting more after I finished it in 4 days.
I was working for gamestop when the first fable came out and if I recall correctly Molyneux had declared that this was going to be the greatest RPG of all time.

At the time black and white was a big hit. So no one doubted his words. Shoot, I even thought he was going to surpass Morrowinds....lol guess not. [/Rant]

Anyone know when a patch is going to be released? I hear there are MULTIPLE game-breaking glitches. I havent encountered any yet (knock on wood), but the disappearing/backwards breadcrumb trail issues are REALLY annoying.

Was an update when I put my game in last night but I have no idea what it fixed.

Last edited:
Back