F4. So who's gettin the ax this month? ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which F4 is being killed off?

• Mr Fantastic

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Invisible Woman

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Human Torch

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Thing

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Dying in comics is like getting your cherry busted. It seems like a big deal for a short time then everything goes back to normal.

I'm going with Sue but if they really wanted to be hardcore they should kill off Johnny and Franklin. The death of a child is unsettling and breaks one of those cardinal rules but it would be even more horrible if Johnny goes down trying to save his nephew. The FF would be left utterly gutted.

Dying in comics is like getting your cherry busted. It seems like a big deal for a short time then everything goes back to normal.

Tell that to Uncle Ben. Well come to think of it he might be the next host of the Phoenix Force.
:rotfl

I'm going with Sue but if they really wanted to be hardcore they should kill off Johnny and Franklin. The death of a child is unsettling and breaks one of those cardinal rules but it would be even more horrible if Johnny goes down trying to save his nephew. The FF would be left utterly gutted.

You sir have a morbid outlook...
...I like it.

Give me a ____ing break. Only the most naive person on the planet would believe this. :lol

Marvel is so goddamn silly.

I think its actually possible mainly cause pretty much nobody gives a ____ about the F4 anymore :lol .

Why not kill one off for some attention? ... it could be permanent. THey wouldnt be missed. THeyre only still round due to nostalgia anyway :monkey1

Oh, they are killing them off for attention, no doubt. But it cannot and will not be permanent. No more so than when Steve Rogers was killed, and it was for real, and they had no intention of bringing him back, etc. This is just one of those cheap gimmicks DC and Marvel have been pulling out every year and a half for the last 20+ years to boost sales for awhile.

I don't suspect 90% of the people who read comics would be doing so without nostalgia, either. Comics are silly and far better fiction and storytelling can be found elsewhere. But. . .nostalgia. I'm not immune.

Sure better fiction can be had but at what cost? Has any other fictional characters had as much success and can be as easily identified by people in the poorest countries as much as our own? I really have become more and more interested in the stories and character development than ever before. It is just plain fun to think of some of the impossible possibilities.

I think its actually possible mainly cause pretty much nobody gives a ____ about the F4 anymore :lol .

Why not kill one off for some attention? ... it could be permanent. THey wouldnt be missed. THeyre only still round due to nostalgia anyway :monkey1

Apparently you DO give a shhh seeing as how you started this thread. (Or maybe just for attention?)

Fantastic Four is one of the flagship titles of the Marvel U, just because you don't follow it doesn't mean everyone is doing the same. FF is having such a terrific run right now. Appearances of Doom, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, 2 Galactuses, Moleman & more alternate Reeds that you can keep track of.

Sometimes a "death" of a character isn't for publicity but to further enhance the story. Though the use of the latter is often done but in this situation, I beg to differ.

I hope it's Mr. Fantastic, I still hold a grudge on him for sending hulk into space... When Hulk came back to earth in WW Hulk, I hoped he would kill off Reed... Me no like stretchy man, he no love for hulk, hulk mad.

I've been reading FF lately,
Spoiler Spoiler:

in which seems to rule out Sue.
Spoiler Spoiler:

so those 2 are basically open for a untimely demise which leaves Johnny & Marvel could throw in a curveball & tag Torch instead.

Kill em all!!! KK, except Sue, the hottie. Ok, lets go with Richard. He's an idiot for a guy who's supposedly a genius. Hulk should've finished him off in WWH. But Hulk got better class. And what's with Richard hanging with Galactus & Surfer?

Last edited:
Reed is one of the three smartest people in the Marvel universe along with Stark and Doom. How many FF stories have hinged on a Reed invention saving the day? Kill him and you've got a few medium powered sluggers.

Sue's ass on the cover has been selling issues for the last several years. It won't be her.

It's Ben or Johnny

You talk about these characters like they are real people. lol

But I do have a lot of FF issues. hehe I need to get back into comics. Actually, no I don't. I already spend enough money on stuff as is. Granted I have been picking up the odd book (generally speaking) every now and then.

Just acknowledging what separates that title from half a dozen others. Reed's brains have always been more important to the stories told in FF than his powers (or the powers of the rest of the team for that matter).

They always get into scuffles for a few splash pages and then Reed builds something that saves the day.

Apparently you DO give a shhh seeing as how you started this thread. (Or maybe just for attention?)

just for attention. THank you for your contribution. Ill be awaiting your next reply with baited breath ... :monkey1

Kill em all!!! KK, except Sue, the hottie. Ok, lets go with Richard. He's an idiot for a guy who's supposedly a genius. Hulk should've finished him off in WWH. But Hulk got better class. And what's with Richard hanging with Galactus & Surfer?

Spoiler Spoiler:

just for attention. THank you for your contribution. Ill be awaiting your next reply with baited breath ... :monkey1

Good for you then.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good thing I never got into the F4. Hulk had to save their butt in Secret Wars back then. Now he's in with Galactus? If I were Galactus, I wouldn't trust that bastard Reed. Amaedus Cho know what I am talking about. She-Hulk too if she's smart enough.

Back