F4. So who's gettin the ax this month? ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which F4 is being killed off?

• Mr Fantastic

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Invisible Woman

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Human Torch

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Thing

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The list of Marvel characters who have been killed off and stay dead can only be measured in sub-atomic distance.

I enjoyed Millar and Hutch's recent run on FF. FF is a great example of how any comic is only as good as it's creative team.

Sleepy team, boring tile. FF has had far too many of those over the years.

It also doesn't help that the Ultimate FF version was so good during a period when the regular title was tail-spinning.

theyve actually insisted this one is permanent. No coming back. No overprinting of the book and no newsstand distribution. ... :monkey1

Yeah, cap was permanent too. So was Hulk. Permanent in comic book terms means at the very latest when a new writer takes over the series.

Meh. Hopefully they give it more than a couple of issues like DC did with Kyle Rayner. Either way the reboot film is slated for a projected 2012/2013 window so everything is undone by then.

Permanent in comic book terms means at the very latest when a new writer takes over the series.

Or when a new movie is about to hit. There's been talk of a reboot for some time now.

20th Century Fox has allowed their film rights to lapse and FF is under control of Marvel once again. After The Avengers Marvel might do another 3 or four picture build up to another mega crossover. It would be cool to see the FF and The Avengers finally share a screen.

But that, of course, is off topic.:monkey3

Where did you hear that? The last news on the subject was that 20th Century Fox was touting Joe Carnahan, David Yates, and James McTeigue as possible directors for their next FF film. I haven't heard or could find anything to support the claim that Marvel retained the rights for any of the 20th Century Fox stable. They've gotten back The Punisher but that was last year's SDCC that the announcement was made on that front.

Now if you're talking about the update via Wikipedia that was a fan edit with no article or link to prove the statement. Now Disney wants all of the 20th Century Fox and Sony properties and characters they've made no attempt to hide those intentions and been very vocal about it but this was quoted by a business analyst on the matter, that I could find:

Disney will never and I mean never, ever, not in a 100 years, get this property back under the control of Marvel Entertainment, just not going to happen. Fox owns all of these properties for perpetuity, in other words, for-ev-ver….for-ev-ver…

Word on the street is Fox has made it very clear that they will not let go of any of the properties under their control for any live action medium.

We’ve also been told that if it ever came to the point where they were going to lose any property they own because of failing to have a movie in production, they would simply produce a low budget, straight-to-DVD feature and stick it in any theater to fulfill their theatrical release clause.

I would expect a 20th Century Fox FF Reboot and put the dreams of Mr. Fantastic sharing a meeting with Tony Stark or the Thing going up against The Hulk away for a while...

Shai just posted the identity of the deceased to Facebook. Dammit. I tried to gouge my eyes out, but it was too late.

Since I already know, I'm not contributing to the poll...

EDIT: It just occurred to me that, evil fiend that Shai is, he might have been lying. ;)

Last edited:
Back