ezboard problems - UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

ezboard are so lame... people have paid good money towards this board and they can't even guarantee that they can load a backup. Let alone prevent pages from dropping of the board as part of the regular service.

Yes, the hacker sucks but if you run a service on the web such as ezboard you're just as much to blame if you can't restore a backup (a day old at *most*). Security is one of the top issues you need to address when you run such a website, and if ezboard didn't have a restoration procedure in place it's shameful. I'm not saying they should make themselves invulnerable from attack... that's impossible... but it's not impossible to have everything back to 99% of what it was.

It seems they take the money and let their flakey webservers do their thing, without investing much time in ensuring smooth operations. Remember when we lost all theose posts because they couldn't even carry out a non-hacker related bout of manitenance? Lame....

Now it seems we lost all posts before a certain date, although some were still here yesterday.

If anyone has expertise in other message board systems - I'm open to suggestions...

UPDATE - They are going to attempt a restoral in the next few days. Which means we'll lose all posts made AFTER that backup was made. They don't say when that was. But they are also not guaranteeing that they CAN do a restore.

So continue to post - but if you're going to share something that it took you a while to write - keep a copy yourself - it might disappear again after the restoral.

Sorry about this folks - ezSucks!

Dave

Damn ! I can't believe it's all gone. The SW board had such a great quantity of old topics, like the ones about Ep. III ,I hope they will be back .:sick

re

This sucks big time!

My sympathies are with you Dave - all the hard work put into this forum and some brainless moron throws a s&#t covered spanner in the works. :sick

In such a short time the SW board had great content...
perhaps the restore will bring some of it back....geeez.

hackers should be shot,i used to spend a lot of time enjoying reading old posts,:bang

re

All the permathreads are gone too, and instead we have a topic about flickshops competition form about 16 months ago!
Hate hackers, and i thought we were geeks!
:p

Sad really and I agree, shame on eZboard for not having a better backup and restore contingency.

Back