Expanded Scores Finally Coming In November!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up for pre-order on Amazon. $50! Heck of a good price for everything. Very nice packaging as well.

(Click)

Is it missing any tracks IJ?

Well, the additional tracks on the first 3 appear to have a lot of the music that has been missing from official releases for years. Still, won't know for sure until I get it and give it a listen.

The KOTCS soundtrack is missing a ton of stuff, particularly the complete Jungle Chase music... which is chopped all to smithereens on the CD.

However, there is that additional bonus 5th Disc that supposedly contains interviews and "More Music" so I'm crossing my fingers that it means the missing KOTCS cues will be on there. If they are, then this is indeed a definitive INDY score release.

I think the reason that part of the jungle chase music was excised from the KOTCS CD were because those sections were just the classic Indy theme that we've heard a million times. Remember, Williams personally supervised the orchestration of the music on these CD's.

Actually, there was a lot of brand-new material in The Jungle Chase (and other sequences) that is not on the soundtrack.

I wouldn't doubt if old George edited tracks together, he sure pulled that crap in the prequels.

The finale of AOTC being the most obvious example of this. One must remember that when the music for the CD was recorded, likely elements of the film weren't finished editing, so Williams, as usual, orchestrates each track as a theme, rather than a piece that goes along in sync with the film itself.

Actually, the KOTCS score wasn't the victim of Lucas/Ben Burtt over-editing the way the prequels were. Williams wrote and scored scenes and then performed his own edits and cue cuts as Spielberg locked the cut and finished the film.

Got my order in--of the four, I only have the old version of the ROTLA score and I'm looking forward to having the full set. (Temple of Doom is my favorite and it'll be nice to have those extra tracks.)

I nearly spent $70 on a Temple import earlier this year, I wanted it so much. Glad I came to my senses now! :D

Tracklisting for the 5th disc now revealed.....:whip

01. Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
02. Interviews with John Williams, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)
03. Uncovering the Ark ** (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
04. Indy and the Villagers * (from Temple of Doom)
05. Secret Passage, The * (from Temple of Doom)
06. Father's Study * (from Last Crusade)
07. Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin * (from Last Crusade)
08. To the Blimp * (from Last Crusade) *
09. Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)
10. Death of Kazim * (from Last Crusade)
11. Wrong Choice, Right Choice * (from Last Crusade)
12. Return to the Village/Raiders March * (from Temple Of Doom)

* Previously unreleased
** Previously unreleased on CD

Definitely going to be buying this when it comes out. I've been dying to get my hands on the Temple of Doom soundtrack for a long time, but not wanting to pay $70 for it. As it sits, Crusade of the Slave Children is probably my single favorite score.

Tracklisting for the 5th disc now revealed.....:whip

01. Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
02. Interviews with John Williams, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)
03. Uncovering the Ark ** (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
04. Indy and the Villagers * (from Temple of Doom)
05. Secret Passage, The * (from Temple of Doom)
06. Father's Study * (from Last Crusade)
07. Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin * (from Last Crusade)
08. To the Blimp * (from Last Crusade) *
09. Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)
10. Death of Kazim * (from Last Crusade)
11. Wrong Choice, Right Choice * (from Last Crusade)
12. Return to the Village/Raiders March * (from Temple Of Doom)

* Previously unreleased
** Previously unreleased on CD

Cool. But not a single additional cue from KOTCS? :banghead :duh

Thank god for that! I love KOTCS, but the score was just....meh. So glad I didnt pay for it. This....I will pay for.

There are some great cues from KOTCS that are not on the sountrack (or this bonus disc). No matter how you feel about the film or the score missing out on some great John Williams music is always a shame.

Back