EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Generations tends to be a bit divisive but I always loved the story, the idea of the Nexus and I felt like everyone was on their game. The TNG crew seemed to flawlessly step into the movie world. There was a sense of confidence throughout the movie. I guess I'm kind of in the minority but I love Generations.
Same, I would’ve probably just tweaked the battle scene to either provide some more context (why weren’t the shields remodulated, did the first hit prevent them from doing so?) and maybe swap out that BOP for a Vor’cha.

If they would’ve added this scene as well it would’ve been pretty amazing.

I like all the original 10 Trek movies, they have varying strengths but always were entertaining.

Yeah, the episode "Family", S4 ep 2. Picards brother and nephew both appear.
@IBM5100 - If you haven’t seen it, it’s a brilliant episode. It deals with the aftermath of the Best of Both Worlds from Picard’s perspective. Ronald D. Moore wrote it and it’s one of the best of the series.

I have hated Generations since I first saw it. Killing Kirk was simply unforgivable. I was also not a fan of them killing Picard's Brother and Nephew along with destroying the Enterprise D. Plus the constant changes between TNG and DS9 uniforms. It is my least favourite Star Trek movie pre 2009.
I see no reason to have killed Kirk, as I watched the movie for the first time I kept thinking how I could not wait to see Kirk onboard the Enterprise D, meeting Riker and the rest of the crew but then...... I remember my late partner became a huge TOS fan thanks to me, not so much the 24th Century Trek shows, just TOS and movies, she had never seen Trek before. We watched TOS then started with TMP onwards etc. Got to Generations, then at the end she looked at me and said "BUT, what happens to Kirk, surely he survives?" I had to say NO that was it and they simply killed him off. I won't ever watch Generations again, to be honest that movie went a long way to killing the whole TNG era for me.

@IBM5100 - If you haven’t seen it, it’s a brilliant episode. It deals with the aftermath of the Best of Both Worlds from Picard’s perspective. Ronald D. Moore wrote it and it’s one of the best of the series.

Nice! I fully intend to watch the entire series and have definitely heard about the Best of Both Worlds storyline being really popular.

I have hated Generations since I first saw it. Killing Kirk was simply unforgivable. I was also not a fan of them killing Picard's Brother and Nephew along with destroying the Enterprise D. Plus the constant changes between TNG and DS9 uniforms. It is my least favourite Star Trek movie pre 2009.
I see no reason to have killed Kirk, as I watched the movie for the first time I kept thinking how I could not wait to see Kirk onboard the Enterprise D, meeting Riker and the rest of the crew but then...... I remember my late partner became a huge TOS fan thanks to me, not so much the 24th Century Trek shows, just TOS and movies, she had never seen Trek before. We watched TOS then started with TMP onwards etc. Got to Generations, then at the end she looked at me and said "BUT, what happens to Kirk, surely he survives?" I had to say NO that was it and they simply killed him off. I won't ever watch Generations again, to be honest that movie went a long way to killing the whole TNG era for me.
I don't mind the idea in principal, but he really deserved a MUCH more epic sendoff than the movie gave him. But among it's many other issues, the entire fight between Picard, Soran and Kirk just looks so incredibly cheap and slapped together. And like something out of a low-budget scifi movie from the 90s.

Yeah it's odd to complain about blubbering Picard. I mean his brother and kid nephew died. That's pretty affecting...
I head canon the reason Picard is good with kids in Star Trek Picard is because of that. He decided to work on it and get comfortable with kids because he lost one very dear to him that he may have still been a bit distance with due to his attitude with children.

Anyways the Nexus makes no sense.. going back in time to any time and you choose them? Picard was given and "I win" cars and tossed it.

I felt the same with what they did to Picard in Picard S1. I guess they figured that it was the end of the line for the TOS crew and they figured “what the hell, let’s do this”. They pulled the same with Data in Nemesis and that was devastating, yet 20+ years later we had a TNG reunion. Crazy.

Have you watched Picard S3? Without giving anything away, there’s a scene that references Kirk which lead us to believe that the events in Generations may not be the end of his story.

I felt the same with what they did to Picard in Picard S1. I guess they figured that it was the end of the line for the TOS crew and they figured “what the hell, let’s do this”. They pulled the same with Data in Nemesis and that was devastating, yet 20+ years later we had a TNG reunion. Crazy.

Have you watched Picard S3? Without giving anything away, there’s a scene that references Kirk which lead us to believe that the events in Generations may not be the end of his story.
I did not like them killing Data in Nemesis, he was my favourite TNG character. I have not watched Picard Season 1 or 2, won't ever do so. I have seen Season 3 and noticed that.

Back