EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, I just checked mine and yep, little paint rub. Thankfully it’s pretty faint, and you can only see it when up close. I ordered mine from BBTS months ago but did not unbox until now since I am still in the midst of a gradual and infinite home remodeling. Doubt I can get a replacement at this point, but I think I can live with it.
Seems like this is going to be an across the boards issue. Unlikely that any third party vendor will have reserve on hand w/o the defect. And unlikely collectors will send defective figure back to the vendors w/o fear of risking the entire product. Unlikely vendors will send entire inventory + returned product back to EXO-6.
Is the defect correctable by cleaning or touching up at home ?

Yikes, I just checked mine and yep, little paint rub. Thankfully it’s pretty faint, and you can only see it when up close. I ordered mine from BBTS months ago but did not unbox until now since I am still in the midst of a gradual and infinite home remodeling. Doubt I can get a replacement at this point, but I think I can live with it.
Interestingly at least one seller on eBay has parted out the figure. He’s selling one head for 85 USD and one for 76 USD. The 85 USD comes with a “read description“ warning. The description reads “minor fabric staining on neck”. The 76 USD comes with no warning.

The prime Directive for 1/6 Star Trek is to bring a smile. In the process they might be able to remind you who you were before.
We had some friends over last Friday and my wife gave them the obligatory tour of the house. When each couple walked into the “study/office/library” room and saw my collection out of all the things there everyone went over and commented on the EXO Star Trek figures. One of the guys couldn’t help himself and even picked up Picard to take a closer look at it. These figures are so well done that they are bringing smiles (and memories) to people that are not even collectors.

Nanjin, there we’re plenty of other things they could have fixated on in the room. Hot Toys, Asmus, Sideshow, figuarts, NECA, books, etc. (they had never seen any of the stuff before) but out of everything it was your figures they were drawn to and commented on first and the most. That speaks volumes of what EXO has accomplished.

I just checked up and over a few posts I see a few more head/paint rub issues.

When does this become an issue then? Is it after 5 people? 10? 50?

The appealing factor for buying these figures is the attention to perfection from the company's creator (which has not gone un-noticed over the years you were doing Trek for QMX). It's really deeply disappointing to then be referred to as "Some Buyer who complained about a head" and with the only support being 'Contact the vendor'.

I have indeed contacted the vender as I've been left with no other choice. All I've been told by Exo6 is that you'll deal with the supplier only. I haven't been told what is likely to happen. Is it a replacement head? Is it a replacement figure? Is it not likely at all and you just want to tell them to tell me to return and claim a refund?

Its so ambiguous.

But I just get the feeling now that the strive for perfection doesn't extend to everyone. Merely everyone who is lucky enough to receive a figure not pressed against the box.

Normally yes, a vendor could sort this out with a replacement from their stock but given how these are all sold out (and some may argue that it came out ages ago, I'd argue that really, 8 months isn't too bad at all), that would be impossible so there has to be some clue as to what you will do with the vendor when they contact you?

LoL
Thank you my friend. I have considered that. And I could write a blog on my experience with various customer service . In the case of the Weber Grill, it was several years old and I was calling to purchase or ask where I could purchase a part and the CSR volunteered that I was entitled to a free replacement.
Aside from the aforementioned experiences with ALFREX,
ERTL - About twenty-five to thirty years ago, I put together an Enterprise ( w/ fiber optics or something). Took me weeks. When I got near completion I couldn’t find the last piece. Small piece at the tail. I contacted ERTL and identified the part by number on the scheme.… They sent a brand new full sealed in the box model kit. At least I think it was complete. I never got around to opening the box and redoing the model.
btw
Thoughtful and weLL written post .
Thanks. I may not be the most actively vocal, but when I do post something, I want to make sure it is meaningful and impactful as possible.

So, was the enterprise model kit made in solid resin chunks instead of ABS on injection molded runners? Either way, wonderful experience for you (except for the not finishing the kit part), but it does make me think twice about the business strategies of a company not being prepared with a certain amount of backup pieces. But that was also a long time ago and business strategies weren't ruled by the profit margins of number crunchers and most companies were just run by people who wanted to put out a quality product rather than corporations. And the list of differences just goes on from there. But, I digress. Still cool you got the replacement.

Thanks. I may not be the most actively vocal, but when I do post something, I want to make sure it is meaningful and impactful as possible.

So, was the enterprise model kit made in solid resin chunks instead of ABS on injection molded runners? Either way, wonderful experience for you (except for the not finishing the kit part), but it does make me think twice about the business strategies of a company not being prepared with a certain amount of backup pieces. But that was also a long time ago and business strategies weren't ruled by the profit margins of number crunchers and most companies were just run by people who wanted to put out a quality product rather than corporations. And the list of differences just goes on from there. But, I digress. Still cool you got the replacement.
I brought up the ERTL experience because of the “Orange and broccoli” reference. I don’t know how comparatively large or small ERTL is/was to EXO-6, Hot Toys, DML or NECA. To be honest I don’t even remember where I purchased it from ( direct or through third party). But all I was hoping for was a small piece. Not a whole model kit.
I’m curious how this nose rub thing will play out. Will the vendors be able to get replacement heads from EXO-6 ? Or are they going to take back the full sets and replace them ?

I think the problem can be avoided in the future by either putting extra padding on the face or using a different plastic tray for the characters with exceptionally distinguished noses.
You are right. It might be best to have the head sculpt covered with a strip of foam padding like phicen or at the very least a thick plastic bag like hot toys.
The good thing is this is being caught early on I just hope it gets resolved from here.
I don't care to gamble on non returnable items.

Are there plans to improve Exo-6 customer service? All of my emails to the company have been ignored.

Are there plans to improve Exo-6 customer service? All of my emails to the company have been ignored.
We have hundreds of emails going through the same emails about everything. Have been spending 2 hours per day answering. Many are just question about tracking numbers which they should already have, or asking why the package has no movements for 2 days.

Will seperate the email addresses for questions and post purchase.

This is our weakest link.

We have hundreds of emails going through the same emails about everything. Have been spending 2 hours per day answering. Many are just question about tracking numbers which they should already have, or asking why the package has no movements for 2 days.

Will seperate the email addresses for questions and post purchase.

This is our weakest link.

Appreciate the reply, thank you. I had emailed to request a cancelation for something, only to have you guys ship it two weeks later anyway after no response. You can understand the frustration, I'm sure.

Appreciate the reply, thank you. I had emailed to request a cancelation for something, only to have you guys ship it two weeks later anyway after no response. You can understand the frustration, I'm sure.
That's why we put up non refundable deposit. Make a good decision before buying.

To keep the cost down, we are doing things manually. Automation will increase the price by 15‐20%.

Our margin as everyone can see, might be even lower than bootlegs. Any additional services will increase cost.

Want number one service, sideshow, bbts. They are big bosses that can handle all kinds of services.

We are just a grandpa store down the block who has neighbor customers. We can't compare to WholeFood, or Safeway.

Is not a perfect world.

20220425_194335.jpg

Nanjin, you posted this photo on Facebook. I couldn't make out the Spock head clearly. Is that a Wrath of Khan Spock head or TOS Spock? Thanks

That's why we put up non refundable deposit. Make a good decision before buying.

To keep the cost down, we are doing things manually. Automation will increase the price by 15‐20%.

Our margin as everyone can see, might be even lower than bootlegs. Any additional services will increase cost.

Want number one service, sideshow, bbts. They are big bosses that can handle all kinds of services.

We are just a grandpa store down the block who has neighbor customers. We can't compare to WholeFood, or Safeway.

Is not a perfect world.

A non-refundable deposit means nothing if you ship out the item two weeks after a cancelation request that went ignored by Exo-6 customer service. If you aren't capable of providing timely customer service, why bother to make contact info available? If you aren't capable of canceling product, why not remove the NRD and simply state on your site point blank that you don't allow cancelations? I want to see Exo-6 succeed, but poor customer service will kill a small business faster than anything.

I suppose we'll see what happens to those with the reported paint issues.

A non-refundable deposit means nothing if you ship out the item two weeks after a cancelation request that went ignored by Exo-6 customer service. If you aren't capable of providing timely customer service, why bother to make contact info available? If you aren't capable of canceling product, why not remove the NRD and simply state on your site point blank that you don't allow cancelations? I want to see Exo-6 succeed, but poor customer service will kill a small business faster than anything.

I suppose we'll see what happens to those with the reported paint issues.
If I may interject and ask for clarification. Did they ship this out to you based only on a small preorder deposit or did you pay for this in full ?

Back