EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not your bros, they don't have your back, they want your money. Reassess that blind loyalty because it'll never be returned.
Nanjin is our Bro. He has been on here for 14 years. He used to share his custom head sculpt photos and things like that with us waaaay before he had his company or even before he was at QMX. It isn't blind loyalty. We are simply supporting a member of our community who has been nothing but cool with us since the begining. We all buy an sell on here. Nanjin is just doing it on a larger level and it just happens to be something we want. Especially with the quality and lower than adverage prices.
Honestly, he could charge Hot Toys prices at any point and still sell out.

Nanjin is our Bro. He has been on here for 14 years. He used to share his custom head sculpt photos and things like that with us waaaay before he had his company or even before he was at QMX. It isn't blind loyalty. We are simply supporting a member of our community who has been nothing but cool with us since the begining. We all buy an sell on here. Nanjin is just doing it on a larger level and it just happens to be something we want. Especially with the quality and lower than adverage prices.
Honestly, he could charge Hot Toys prices at any point and still sell out.
Best thing to happen is for me to work for a company and handle 1/6 Trek for them (I still want to.) Helped them secure production resources and able to assimilate production in to their eco system using 1/6 Star Trek as the foundation. They can use this eco system to do whatever they want and I just continue making money for them with 1/6 Star Trek until it no longer makes money.

The above proved to be a wishful thinking. It didn't work. I have to take a step back and do it myself.

You have to reach out to the place you bought it from. We shipped out most Picard before Sept 2021 except some for vendors. This is close to 8 months ago.
Hey all,
I received my Picard today brand new. Was very excited however that turned to despair when I saw his nose. There is paint rub on it where the box front has pushed against it even though it was in a plastic cover.
The pictures I've taken make it look tame in comparison to how it looks in person.
Its been a while since I posted here and I posted on FB who advised I post here as Nanjin usually replies here.
I'm just wondering if it will be possible to have a replacement head?
I can usually live with some issues but a mark on the face on sixth scale is like a beacon that attracts your attention.
Ditto on the Picard nose rub. It arrived this past week from Timewalker.

I was waiting to hear back from Nanjin to know which way to handle it, but now I know. I’m glad I happened to read this thread today.

What a great likeness btw.

Attachments

• 20CFB96E-BBBF-4AFD-BCE8-B9AD3D0F9557.jpeg
    20CFB96E-BBBF-4AFD-BCE8-B9AD3D0F9557.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 65
  • B98A6131-D3C5-4806-9159-D4AE55973BB1.jpeg
    B98A6131-D3C5-4806-9159-D4AE55973BB1.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 64
Hey all,
I received my Picard today brand new. Was very excited however that turned to despair when I saw his nose. There is paint rub on it where the box front has pushed against it even though it was in a plastic cover.
The pictures I've taken make it look tame in comparison to how it looks in person.
Its been a while since I posted here and I posted on FB who advised I post here as Nanjin usually replies here.
I'm just wondering if it will be possible to have a replacement head?
I can usually live with some issues but a mark on the face on sixth scale is like a beacon that attracts your attention.

I was waiting to hear back from Nanjin to know which way to handle it, but now I know. I’m glad I happened to read this thread today.

Yep, mentioned this on first poster’s FB post as well, but had the same issue with mine which I picked up sealed from a fellow board member. I also saw a collector on FB selling his a few weeks ago with same issue. I ended up buying a parted-out head and a second Picard and basically only ended up with one good head sculpt out of three. I just hope it’s an isolated incident with some of the Picards and no other figures going forward. It is what it is, no different than taking the chance on buying a sealed Hot Toys on the secondary market. And sometimes there are just weird QC issues for a figure. I remember exchanging like 4 Homecoming Spider-Man figures at BBTS because I kept getting ones that had sections of the suit that had literally melted to the plastic film that was placed beneath and on top of the figure. Anyway, it also does encourage me to order directly through EXO-6 because I’m sure they will take care of us for any issues like that in the future.

Last edited:
The one I'm really worried about when it comes to paint rubs is Sisko, after seeing what happened with the proto. Hopefully the final sculpts will actually be molded in that darker brown skin tone and not just painted over the standard base color.

I had a paint rub issue on the side of the nose on my EMH. The problem isn’t just Picard-related. Hopefully enough retailers complain to EXO-6 about the issue that the box gets redesigned with maybe some extra protective foam.

No point of sending out shipping info when the tracking would link to "no info " Everyone will be ended up asking why.

There are movements with these shipments. They should be updated next 2beays.
Just received the shipping info - thanks! Looking forward to having the EMH standing with Janeway!

How tall was Nomad in full scale? Nothing is listed that I can find and my best guess is 42 inches. What does this one measure?

It's your first post and the first thing you do is criticize a beloved company, and it wasn't even a good complaint. What did you expect to happen?

Do your homework on the posts and subject. Nanjin has been on these forums for YEARS. He's one of us, he's a fan and a collector, who is now running his own 1/6 company. He's earned our respect. It isn't blind loyality, its trust and friendship. He is a "bro" and has proven that he does have our back when it comes to providing the best figures available. You are some random noob who thought it would be a great idea to take pot shots as his first post. You reap what you sow.

I’ve got fewer personal stakes here because at most I’d only probably buy one or two figures because Star Trek isn’t my focus. So I say this pretty objectively.

If you follow 1/6 figures and high end collectibles pretty closely, you have a general idea of the sort of price increases and shrinkflation that happens over time due to a variety of factors.

I think some people assume there’s good profit to be made on collectibles for manufacturers and retailers. But there isn’t. Licensing fees are expensive, production is pricey, manufacturing is rough, and the market is mercurial and unpredictable. It’s all pretty risky even if it doesn’t seem like it.

To be safe, EXO-6 could be charging a lot more for the figures that have been released so far and people would pay it because they’re solid figures and the only game in town for collectibles a lot of people have been waiting decades for.

I don’t know what some folks expect these to cost. I look at EXO-6’s prices and I’m astonished, especially with global conditions the way they are. Collectors have often paid more for less.

If you just take a rough estimate and break down the costs, I think they’re charging pretty close to the reasonable minimum required to keep the company going, cover all the fees, give people fair wages, and pay for all the manufacturing, materials, and production.

Nanjin is a fan, first and foremost. He has alluded to the fact that he’s not in it for profit nor does he view all of this as an investment to build a company that churns out money forever. He wants to make the figures that Trek collectors have always wanted and be done. I’m inclined to believe that and respect him for it.

Last edited:

Jeeze. Hope mine doesn't have this problem... Assuming Popcultcha ever receives it. I have to imagine getting replacements is going to be less and less likely as time goes on.

How tall was Nomad in full scale? Nothing is listed that I can find and my best guess is 42 inches. What does this one measure?
Spock states that Nomad is "a fraction over one meter" tall. A meter is 39.3701" so Nomad should probably be between that and 40" in height.

I've been a star trek fan all my life. The last decade or so has had it go in the background. These figures have reignited my passion for star trek. My young children and I watch it together now. They love the figures. Thank you Nanjin for all of your effort.

All this talk of paint rub had me double-check my ST figures. Thankfully, none do aside from the QMX Scotty I bought I on the secondhand market that has a paint rub issue on the top of the head. I wonder if the ST FC Picard that have the paint rub issue are from a latter run as mine was among the first sent out?

Yep, mentioned this on first poster’s FB post as well, but had the same issue with mine which I picked up sealed from a fellow board member. I also saw a collector on FB selling his a few weeks ago with same issue. I ended up buying a parted-out head and a second Picard and basically only ended up with one good head sculpt out of three. I just hope it’s an isolated incident with some of the Picards and no other figures going forward. It is what it is, no different than taking the chance on buying a sealed Hot Toys on the secondary market. And sometimes there are just weird QC issues for a figure. I remember exchanging like 4 Homecoming Spider-Man figures at BBTS because I kept getting ones that had sections of the suit that had literally melted to the plastic film that was placed beneath and on top of the figure. Anyway, it also does encourage me to order directly through EXO-6 because I’m sure they will take care of us for any issues like that in the future.

Yikes, I just checked mine and yep, little paint rub. Thankfully it’s pretty faint, and you can only see it when up close. I ordered mine from BBTS months ago but did not unbox until now since I am still in the midst of a gradual and infinite home remodeling. Doubt I can get a replacement at this point, but I think I can live with it.

I've been a star trek fan all my life. The last decade or so has had it go in the background. These figures have reignited my passion for star trek. My young children and I watch it together now. They love the figures. Thank you Nanjin for all of your effort.
The prime Directive for 1/6 Star Trek is to bring a smile. In the process they might be able to remind you who you were before.

Back