EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We collectors benefit from your ability to dodge landmines Nanjin. I know Hot Toys have just pushed some of their releases back. The past couple years have taught companies that outsourcing makes it hard to stick delivery dates. Out of curiosity, which figure did you outsource? (If this is a secret, feel free to tell me to mind my business 🙂
Seven has an outsorced body.

If we jump over the vendor then why we need a vendor?

Vendor gets paid for servicing their customer. We can paid by the same manner. We sell direct to customers, we service them directly, we sell to vendors, then we service our vendor. The service charge is included in the sales transaction, an exchange of benefits.

I understand the frustration but this is how commerce works. If you sell something to B on ebay, and B sold to C, can C comes to you for an issue or should he go to B first? Then you work things out with B when he comes to you.

We service all our B2C customers as our situations allow. Beside shipping issues, we did our part with our customers. We charged customers than we have the responsibilties. If we didn't take the customer money, then there's no transaction (no exchange of benefits) and therefor no commerce responsibility.

I understand you frustration. I can only suggest you to reach out to where you bought the figure, and we will deal with them accordingly. You paid them. They supposed to service you.
I recently purchased a Ryobi leaf blower/vacuum from Home Depot. The wheel assembly broke. I called Ryobi’s 800 number. They will be sending out replacement wheels.

Similiar experience a few years back with a Dyson vacuum that I purchased at Walmart. Dyson sent the part .

And years earlier an igniter on a Weber Grill that I purchased in PC Richard.
Called Weber’s 800 number and had a replacement sent.

I know in the UK when you buy from a store & there's an issue. You go back to the store not to the manufacturer. If I buy something from ebay for example & there is an issue or fault (unless stated in the ebay description) you go back to the seller/vendor & not the manufacturer.
Many years back I purchased an Alfrex Yojimbo figure from another collector on EBay. When I got the package I noticed it had two left socks.
( the Samurai figures have a separation between the big toe and the others in order to fit the thong sandal strap in between).
I emailed Alfrex. They responded very graciously. They not only sent a new pair of socks, but some nice postcards with their various other products. AND … months later an offer for the best 1/6 deal I ever got.
— The Seven Samurai for $ 500 USD.

I recently purchased a Ryobi leaf blower/vacuum from Home Depot. The wheel assembly broke. I called Ryobi’s 800 number. They will be sending out replacement wheels.

Similiar experience a few years back with a Dyson vacuum that I purchased at Walmart. Dyson sent the part .

And years earlier an igniter on a Weber Grill that I purchased in PC Richard.
Called Weber’s 800 number and had a replacement sent.
Try Hot Toys, 3Zeros, Asmus, Bandai, Medicom, Figma, Iron Studio's. Prime One, Blitzway, or even the new giant Queen Studio's, We are not Samsung, Microsoft, Sony, Nikon, Disney, CANON, hp.

Compare oranges with oranges, not broccoli with carrots.

Last edited:
Try Hot Toys, 3Zeros, Asmus, Bandai, Medicom, Figma, Iron Studio's. Prime One, Blitzway, or even the new giant Queen Studio's, We are not Samsung, Microsoft, Sony, Nikon, Disney, CANON, hp.

It's true. When I got my Aquman figure from Sideshow, it was damaged on the back side (Paint smudge). I didn't contact Hot Toys, I contacted Sideshow, and THEY sent me a replacement.
That's how it works in this industry. There are not a hardware companies, they don't mass-produce individual pieces that they can ship out easily. It's a completely different thing, a completely different manufacturing and distribution process.

Jimmy bought pieces of hardware that usually come with explicit warranties (that often require registration before you have a problem). Depending on when those items were purchased compared to the problem, they may send you back to the retailer. It also depends I bought a TV that had screen burn fresh out of the box. I contacted LG and they told me to take it back to the store. Then the store sent me back to LG. Then LG sent in a repair guy see if they wouldn't have to replace the whole thing. Eventually I retuned it and got a new one at another store.

One toy company that really has put effort into putting things right with fans is Asmus. But that has been to fix widespread issues with their products not an unfortunate shipping mishap. Unfortunately, the one time I tried to take advantage of one of their free fixes, it did not work out in my favour. The witch king's body in the initial run had really loose joints. They offered free replacements certificates with the nazgul and steed set. I honestly don't remember if/what they did for people who did not buy the nazgul and steed. I bought mine through BBTS and the certificate was not in the box. I contacted asmus and they told me to get into contact with BBTS. And BBTS told me to contact asmus. I never got it resolved...

Two different situations with a lot of the same customer service runaround. But at the end of the day, Like nanjin said, let's compare oranges to oranges. With toy companies, you may get a certificate of authenticity, but nothing binding like a warranty directly from the manufacturer (an/or producer) like you do with hardware. That said, it speaks volumes when they try to help fans on an individual basis. But that is not always possible.

All that aside, let us acknowledge Jimmy's terrible luck with hardware.

We have been producing 4 figures (3+1). One of them is relying on outside producer.

Delivery was said to be Feb, delayed to May, and now delayed till end of June.

This is the reason why I built my own production. I have total control and wveryone knows exactly what's going on from start to finish.

Let's assume EXO-6 last years released by relying of outside source. Collectors have all the time to pre-order, and able to spread their purchases out to 1 5 years while we sit around and watch Star Wars flushing our investment into the toilet. Assume the above, data wouldn't deliver until Aug 2021, Picard by Dec, Janeway around June, EMH should be done by Oct of 2022.

Bankrupt before we could even reach EMH. Couldn't even reach annual minimum guarantee
Seen Joost from Jazz Inc. describe this problem for one of his products. Always best to have as much control as possible.

Who dare to cross the boundary? Total different ballgame with all kinds of drain you dry possibilities happening on a daily basis.
It sounds scary but with what we spend on this hoppy. I'd say it isn't unrealistic. I would grab a bridge at least for TNG and TOS.
If you did get it in payment installmenta like Jazz INC does or Sideshow does, I think more people would be inclined to buy.
I still think it would be cool to reach out to this guy and have him do the program for actual animated screens.

Either way I am on board!

space-balls-funny.gif

With regards to this and I know you've been replying on FB, but there is no back up for this?
If I go through my vendor what do they do? I get my money back and send the figure but then I get no figure and have to pay more to get one as it is sold out?
If they contact you and you can give them a replacement head, that then has to work through a middle man when Exo-6 can communicate directly through me and send it to me.

Why does it have to go through the vendor?

To me, it just seems like you're trying to say hard luck pal. Nothing we can do for you. But this is a factory error. Its not the vendors fault as it was a sealed shipper box.
Your contract is with the vendor, not the manufacturer.

Jimmy bought pieces of hardware that usually come with e
Jimmy bought pieces of hardware that usually come with explicit warranties (that often require registration before you have a problem). Depending on when those items were purchased compared to the problem, they may send you back to the retailer. …

Two different situations with a lot of the same customer service runaround. But at the end of the day, Like nanjin said, let's compare oranges to oranges. With toy companies, you may get a certificate of authenticity, but nothing binding like a warranty directly from the manufacturer (an/or producer) like you do with hardware. That said, it speaks volumes when they try to help fans on an individual basis. But that is not always possible.

All that aside, let us acknowledge Jimmy's terrible luck with hardware
LoL
Thank you my friend. I have considered that. And I could write a blog on my experience with various customer service . In the case of the Weber Grill, it was several years old and I was calling to purchase or ask where I could purchase a part and the CSR volunteered that I was entitled to a free replacement.
Aside from the aforementioned experiences with ALFREX,
ERTL - About twenty-five to thirty years ago, I put together an Enterprise ( w/ fiber optics or something). Took me weeks. When I got near completion I couldn’t find the last piece. Small piece at the tail. I contacted ERTL and identified the part by number on the scheme.… They sent a brand new full sealed in the box model kit. At least I think it was complete. I never got around to opening the box and redoing the model.
btw
Thoughtful and weLL written post .

Okay, wow. First post here and I'm *never* happy. I was happy with the figures I've bought so far. I'm criticising what is an obvious marketing ploy to disguise price increases.

Thing is it's not lower priced is it? It's at a similar price point to the previous standard figures. The naming of the more expensive figure as "standard" and not "deluxe" is calculated, not arbitrary.

Behave yourself.

Oh please, we're not *getting* anything, we're being sold a product.

The fanboy is obviously strong on this forum so I'll leave you to your circle jerk. Ask yourselves why you need to vehemently defend some company that someone else criticised. They're providing a product and you and I are expected to part with money for that product. They're not your bros, they don't have your back, they want your money. Reassess that blind loyalty because it'll never be returned.
It's your first post and the first thing you do is criticize a beloved company, and it wasn't even a good complaint. What did you expect to happen?

Do your homework on the posts and subject. Nanjin has been on these forums for YEARS. He's one of us, he's a fan and a collector, who is now running his own 1/6 company. He's earned our respect. It isn't blind loyality, its trust and friendship. He is a "bro" and has proven that he does have our back when it comes to providing the best figures available. You are some random noob who thought it would be a great idea to take pot shots as his first post. You reap what you sow.

I haven’t had notice of my immediate purchase Janeway via Exo-6 but Royal Mail have had notice she’s on the way to them 😄

My Data has shipped; received the Royal Mail notification here in the UK on Friday. I ordered about 30 minutes after EXO-6 put him up as an ‘immediate purchase’ item

I didn't get Data, but I did buy the immediate purchase of the EMH Doctor - no shipping notice as of yet. Hopefully next week 🤞
No point of sending out shipping info when the tracking would link to "no info " Everyone will be ended up asking why.

There are movements with these shipments. They should be updated next 2beays.

It's your first post and the first thing you do is criticize a beloved company, and it wasn't even a good complaint. What did you expect to happen?

Do your homework on the posts and subject. Nanjin has been on these forums for YEARS. He's one of us, he's a fan and a collector, who is now running his own 1/6 company. He's earned our respect. It isn't blind loyality, its trust and friendship. He is a "bro" and has proven that he does have our back when it comes to providing the best figures available. You are some random noob who thought it would be a great idea to take pot shots as his first post. You reap what you sow.
I actually said I would increase the price because of inflation. But I also said I would try to do the best to delay the process. I even joked once that I increased $3-5 was the minimal of minimum.

Don't need to hide price increase because we all know is happening around the entire planet.

If the world's gasoline prices are decreasing and I still increase my pricing then I really need to hide.

The pricing of different Configuation is the way EXO-6 sees these figures. The scale down version aren't what I considered as an ideal collection because it lacks character based accessories. (I am selling Sisko not just a Star Trek character with uniforms phaser and tricorder)

The Essential (EX) is specifically done for those who have difficulty buying a figure with "my" ideal configuration .

We scale down "the ideal configuration" to a lower price point, EX. Under this circumstances, as in this case for Sisko, the more expensive version is OUR Standard Sisko.

The above is more of a Product positioning strategy (SX/EX), then purely Pricing strategy.

BTW, some series will have DX (definitive or you call Deluxe. Deluxe is misleading. Is not better but more only) when only the die hard collectors will be interested.

It is easy to see, we go one level down (EX, reduce items) go one level up (DX, increase items) from our Standard (SX) release. Others go from the bottom to the most expensive or the order way around.

Our MSRPs determined by our cost, and not by price level where most producers are charging extra for a specific product. (a 220 figure put in the group 240 price level to have a consistent product price level or profit objective)

All in all, unless you work in gambling, you have no idea how I determine the pricing policies. My position in my previous work was to sell proposition at a fair price (i was selling Cash). I am doing the same now.

I also using the same attitude as I had back then. If we made a mistake, we would honor it for whatever reasons, but you come into my joint and try to take our money, I would do the same with every chances to take everything you have. I would do the same if my Dad came in to my shop. I would take everything he had at work, and I might give him all back out of my own pocket after work. But during work, I WILL take everything he has with him. No mercy. I enjoyed destroying people's lives at work, and felt really bad when I was in bed. (This was why I resigned within 24 hours after QMx hired me. I could not wait to leave hell).

Some buyer complained about a head. If the figure was bought from us (we took his money) then we must do what we are expected. If we did not take any money, then we are not obligated to do anything. If we chose to do something, then it is only a courtesy, and not an obligation.

Last edited:
Sloan would be an interesting one, he might not have had as much screen time as say Weyoun but he played a great role as not being an enemy to the Station crew but not exactly being an ally despite supposedly having the Federations best interests at heart.

Back