EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where will this figure (and future ones YES!) be available from besides EXO-6? Has anyone heard of any other outlets that may carry them?

I'm on the fence with this version of Data as my area of interest is primarily the TOS an TNG shows. Glad to see that there will be more coming down the pike.

Tom

I read an article about the original TNG uniforms a long time ago. They wanted jumpsuits to maintain a sleek and clean appearance onscreen. After a while, the main cast complained the tautness of the uniforms was causing fatigue. 2-piece uniforms were made for the main cast, and their old jumpsuits were reused by background characters.

With the FC uniforms, they probably took this into account and made 2-piece for the main cast and jumpsuits for crew members. Since they needed a lot of uniforms for crew members, the jumpsuits were cheaper and easier to make in large quantities.

That makes sense. I always figured Picard's FC uniform had to be a 2-piece because its one of the only
uniforms that was actually well tailored at the shoulders that fitted Stewart perfectly.

Also two-piece makes it easier for cast to poop on set.

First Contact is alright. A tad overrated in my opinion, but I don?t mind it too much. For me TNG itself is better than any of the TNG movies.

Yea like the episode they all devolved into prehistoric creatures...or when Beverly was boning a space ghost? Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Yea like the episode they all devolved into prehistoric creatures...or when Beverly was boning a space ghost? Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you.
I’m not saying there aren’t some dud episodes, but in general I prefer the show over the films. I just feel that the TNG movies are sort of the start of the downfall of Star Trek. They’re when the people in charge decided it had to be more action oriented and dumbed down to appeal to the lowest common denominator crowd. The series finale of TNG is a far better capper than any of the films, and certainly better than the dumpster fire that is Star Trek: Picard.

Also two-piece makes it easier for cast to poop on set.

The imagery conjured by that sentence......I know you meant something different, but my juvenile brain pictured Sir Patrick Stewart hastily unfastening his uniform and taking an impromptu dump in ten forward, caring not a jot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1092ii.jpg

Yeah, I agree. For me personally, I think the FC uniform is the worst, but I really like Data and the sculpt is OK, which is why I am on the fence.

Instead of calling a stranger's opinion crappy, reread what I said and try to take on board an opinion other than your own. I did not casually say anything either :lol. It is in plain text. This is why I stayed away from the QMX thread as it attracts posters like you who feel the need to snipe at complete strangers to make themselves heard. It is weak.

My point was it would be nice to have a choice with uniforms if FC has to be done, either included or as a deluxe because clearly there are a few people other than just myself who are not keen on FC, which is why I said both or just TNG. I would prefer those over two sculpts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Nanjin would have good reasons behind his choice, but for me personally, I'm not keen, so will likely pass.

Moving back to your ridiculous snipe comment about asking for companies for multiple entire outfits, entitled is what your are getting at, again this requires you looking past your own narrative. I wasn't asking anyone for anything, but saying it was something I personally would like to see in this case, at this price, especially when it was hinted they'd be less than the QMX RRP, not higher. It's an opinion, not a dig at anyone, not a demand as you seem to think it is. And seeing as you never asked either, I personally would prefer one sculpt and have a choice of FC or TNG uniforms instead. It does not take somone like you to point out to other collectors that sculpts are expensive :lol. The two sculpt version could be a deluxe (I'd only display the normal Data, so the other is wasted in my collection), or the TNG uniform could be a deluxe.

Nanjin clearly has his reasons and those are my reasons for not buying. Perhaps he chose FC so he could show off the skin Data version as something he thought would have larger impact with the community as a first product, plus two HS. It is what it is. Look foward to seeing future figures.

"For that price point, an extra TNG uniform would have been nice"

lol that's exactly what you said. You want more for the same price. You didn't say choice, you said in addition. "wah wah wah" is all I see with comments like your's. "Why don' t you cater to meeeeee." It absolutely is a dig against the company. That's what you said and that's what you meant. At least stand up to it.

I'm awaiting your 4 paragraph response.

*closes eyes really tight*

Please make a riker with the tng suit and two head-sculpts

Please make a riker with the tng suit and two head-sculpts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beard and no beard?
Wouldn’t really work unless it was the season one/two uniform. Riker was clean shaven season one, and then not again until Insurrection.

Frakes looks better with a beard. The first season of TNG where he’s clean shaven really throws me off for some reason. :lol

The 2370's uniform is my favorite*, and Data is one of my favorite characters so it's exciting to see this development. But I certainly understand why some would want the TNG uniform or a TOS character. But give it time. It's not like it's a one and done effort.

Data was a safe choice as a well loved character that doesn't feel like a retread of the QMX era right off the bat.

*Partly for it's association with the later seasons of DS9 a little more so than the TNG movies the uniform appears in, which were mostly good, then meh, then bad respectively.

Last edited:
Good points. We also do not know Nanjin’s production schedule so there is no telling how often figures will be announced and he even said with his production setup it is base on total quantity for the year not based on X amount per figure. If that’s the case he could do small runs of smaller demand figures without taking away a lot of resources from producing the higher demand figures.

I don’t know about anyone else but I am getting antsy to get an update on when we may actually have Data in hand.

Back