Exclusive Grievous in 3-5 Days!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Agent! Again, big congrats dude!

As for measurements, with the statue facing you, measure how wide it is (farthest point left to farthest point right) and repeat for width. Height would be from bottom of base to the tip of the saber. No worries if it's too much trouble though. :)

Man, I must have checked my CC about 20 times today to see if I had been charged. I've never been so disappointed that almost $500 wasn't charged to my card. :(

I'll give the measurements a try tomorrow, I think what I'm going to do is use a piece of cardboard to mark where the widest marks are and measure it that way. Height will be easy. The width and depth are difficult because they're not on the same plane.

As for box pics, still working on those, for the life of me I do not understand why these pictures are so friggin' big. I thought the box pics woulda been the easy ones. And on the topic of the box, lemme just say that it is going to be a PITA to put Grievous back in it when I move.

Oh, and thanks for all the congrats you guys. It's a truly beautiful piece (even if my mom does say its ugly :lol) and you'll all be pleased. As far as not having the cape, gotta say I don't mind not having it.

Thanks Agent. :)

So, checked my CC and SS account and nothing. With retailers getting the regular version in stock, I'm heavily considering cancelling my order with SS for the exclusive, and going with the "in stock" regular from another retailer.

Mini-Rock said:

So, checked my CC and SS account and nothing. With retailers getting the regular version in stock, I'm heavily considering cancelling my order with SS for the exclusive, and going with the "in stock" regular from another retailer.

I am also really down about this. After getting the 20-25 day notice on April 24th, I have been doing the math and assuming that Grievous would be in my hands by Memorial Day. Then the 25 day window came and went with nothing. Then finally a 3-5 day notice, and I realized that he actually could be shipping this week! Finally, confirmation yesterday that he did indeed begin shipping! I assumed that since I ordered him within the first half hour he was available, I would be getting that shipment confirmation e-mail as soon as they began to go out. Then nothing. My hopes were high for today, and I have been checking my e-mail continually and looking to see if anything was coming up with my CC account. And nothing...

Didn't ship yesterday. Didn't ship today. Now it couldn't possibly ship for at least another four days at the earliest. This has been one of my most anticipated pieces, so I hope you will forgive my whining and crying. It's going to be a long week or so of continuing to wait...

:monkey2

I feel ya, man. I don't remember when it went up for preorder, but my order was made on 2005-04-29 01:12:10 according to my account at SS. For me, the more pics I see without the cape, the more I'm starting to realize I don't need it; and, the longer the wait, the more tempted I am to go with the regular version. I'm happy for everyone who's receiving their shipping notices, but I'm bummed for me. :dunno

Mini-Rock said:

Don't be hasty MR! It will come.

tomandshell said:
I am also really down about this. After getting the 20-25 day notice on April 24th, I have been doing the math and assuming that Grievous would be in my hands by Memorial Day. Then the 25 day window came and went with nothing. Then finally a 3-5 day notice, and I realized that he actually could be shipping this week! Finally, confirmation yesterday that he did indeed begin shipping! I assumed that since I ordered him within the first half hour he was available, I would be getting that shipment confirmation e-mail as soon as they began to go out. Then nothing. My hopes were high for today, and I have been checking my e-mail continually and looking to see if anything was coming up with my CC account. And nothing...

Didn't ship yesterday. Didn't ship today. Now it couldn't possibly ship for at least another four days at the earliest. This has been one of my most anticipated pieces, so I hope you will forgive my whining and crying. It's going to be a long week or so of continuing to wait...

:monkey2

You are forgiven. I still have to wait until Thursday, plus I'm not even going to be home Thursday night :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
Don't be hasty MR! It will come.

Too late. Order has been cancelled through SS, and the regular ordered through Dark Shadow Collectibles. :chew

I'll wait. Still no charge on him but this was a waitlist conversion so I'm not suprised but to me the cape really helps make this piece. So that's the version I must have.

jlcmsu said:
I'll wait. Still no charge on him but this was a waitlist conversion so I'm not suprised but to me the cape really helps make this piece. So that's the version I must have.

Couldn't agree more. I love having the option with this piece, like the hood with Maul. Not to mention you can even take out the lightsabers if you wanted to, I don't know why you would but at least it's an option.

Darth Loki said:
Couldn't agree more. I love having the option with this piece, like the hood with Maul. Not to mention you can even take out the lightsabers if you wanted to, I don't know why you would but at least it's an option.

Yeah, the more display options the better. Like with the Lurtz PF as well. You can go with several different display options.

Yeah, that was why I went with the exclusive in the first place; but, in the end, I didn't want to cover up any detail on this piece with a cape. The only thing I'll I'll be putting over this piece is a high quality acrylic case which is an absolute must.

Speaking of cases, according to Mike over on the JC forums, a 21"w X 21"d X 28"h case would be the way to go. I'll wait for Agent's measurements to be sure though before ordering.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, the more display options the better. Like with the Lurtz PF as well. You can go with several different display options.

,..i agree here,..and he looks much better with the cape,...
,..the cape version is the one to own,..

Thanks a million for the answers and the pix Agent! You rock. You are right, the connection from the shoulder blades to the torso look very fragile. And I guess the shoulder blades carry part of the weight from the cape... hehe! I got a mail from SSC on Saturday, telling me that my SSC acc. was altered; my CC has been charged, and the good General is coming to me soon. Could take an other week I speculate.

Mini-Rock said:
Yeah, that was why I went with the exclusive in the first place; but, in the end, I didn't want to cover up any detail on this piece with a cape. The only thing I'll I'll be putting over this piece is a high quality acrylic case which is an absolute must.

Speaking of cases, according to Mike over on the JC forums, a 21"w X 21"d X 28"h case would be the way to go. I'll wait for Agent's measurements to be sure though before ordering.

Where would you get a case like this made?

Back