EX or FAIL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it can also boil down to "why do you collect?". If it's solely for rarity and resale vaule then yes, go ex only. If it's because you love the pieces and value is just an added bonus then buy the ex you really like and the regulars if you don't like or care about a particular ex.

Most people love the Thor PF ex. I actually prefer the regular head on that one so I wouldnt pay more for the ex.

:peace yeppie! I love the ex because it's more rare, comes with an extra part, and if I do sell I won't lose much money. Not always true but still a nice extra.

It'd probably be easier to name the fail EX's over the ones you need to have, but here's my list of gotta haves:

-Madame Hydra (Lots of SO's, and that EX head is just too good.)
-Green Lantern (A Lantern statue needs to have a construct, although I would've preferred something more creative.)
-Spider-Woman (Way more interesting with Skrull head.)
-Storm Shadow (Needs the bow.)
-Grievous/Talon/Ultron (They may just be cheap fabric capes, but as villains, they just don't have the same presence without them.)
-Sinestro (Don't know what his EX is yet, but it has to be better than that stupid symbol construct.)
-Just about anything else with a SOH, except Rogue, cause hers is awful. Not crazy about Joker's either. I actually do like Vision's.

I rather get a Reg than no statue at all. I do look for an EX at a reasonable price, but once the Regs start to disappear everywhere, **** it Reg it is.

Well the must have's are pretty well covered, but Sideshow does make some odd choices. Forget the meh, ones, or the ugly vision, but why in the heck would you want a Rocketeer EX without the helmet? Who would display it that way? I have a feeling Superman is going to be another EX often left in the box.

Terminator with the cyborg eye makes the PF IMHO:

GI%25252520Joe%25252520017.jpg

I also think the cape on Grievous, while a small addition, makes a huge difference to the overall statue:

August%25202013%2520147.jpg

It's pretty simple really, If you had the opportunity to buy the EX doesn't matter what it is and didn't, Then further down the line you wanted the piece but the EX is going for a lot more than the regular and you buy the reg, Doesn't matter how much you try to convince your self otherwise YOU HAVE FAILED! :lecture:exactly:

Skaar EX for President :peace

Well the must have's are pretty well covered, but Sideshow does make some odd choices. Forget the meh, ones, or the ugly vision, but why in the heck would you want a Rocketeer EX without the helmet? Who would display it that way? I have a feeling Superman is going to be another EX often left in the box.

I like the Rocketeer EX without the helmet.
....though always felt an empty helmet should still be included though to lay at his feet....

I can't think of any regular that's a complete fail except for Dr Zaius from planet of the apes. Without the doll, the statue looks completely weird in that pose. Every other ex, is just something really cool or nice to have but in no way takes away from an awesome regular statue.

Well, I won't go so far as to say EX or fail, but the BEST EX pieces in my collection are:

1. Green Lantern...love the green fist construct.

2. Deadpool...the pistol hand is nice, but the chicken makes this a completely different take on the character.

3. Joker...based on SS's pics, I wasn't a fan of the EX head. But, in person, I love it, and it's the one I display. Definitely glad I picked up the EX on this.

I don't own it, but the Gambit EX hand looks really nice, too.

Back